Have you heard about this fees?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-07, 10:59 PM
GumGut
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you heard about this fees?

Hi everyone, i'm a newbie to club Lexus, and i have some rookie questions:

Last week I purchased my first Lexus IS 250 RWD. I thought i got a pretty good deal like some of you for $500 above invoice. MSRP was around $37800 and the invoice should be around $31300. When i asked the dealer to break down all the the price of MSRP and invoice and packages. I found out there were somethings that i've never expect. There were three things called:

1. TDA - $400
2. Dealer holdback - $630
3. Whsl. Financial reserve -$320

the dealer explained the TDA is somekind of advestisment fee from Toyota. i forgot what was the explaination for the other two. They told me those are included in their cost and can't be voided and they said every Lexus dealership in the nation do the same thing. i've bought car from Toyota before but i've never seen those items and digits. After some negotiations but wasn't able to take any thing down from there. so end up i still bought the car for $33360 + destination charge + TTL but paid around $1350 more than i expected.

I still love my 250 every bit but just wonder am i got ripped? I was able to get $4440 off MSRP, is it a good deal? Does anyone has the same experience when purchasing your Lexus? This is my first Lexus so alot of things that i'm still learning.

thanks!
Old 01-04-07, 05:06 AM
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

Don't worry about what could have been. That's water under the bridge.
Drive and enjoy you new Lexus
Congrats and post some pics
Old 01-04-07, 07:13 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GumGut
Last week I purchased my first Lexus IS 250 RWD.
are you expecting another?
Old 01-04-07, 07:27 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Which dealership did you purchase from?And what options did you get on the car? Don't forget to post pics.
Old 01-04-07, 07:33 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1. TDA - $400
The only legitimate fee there is the TDA.

Holdback is money that the dealer gets PAID! So if anything, it's a credit!

Whsl. Financial reserve - ?????? I have no idea ??????
Old 01-04-07, 08:50 AM
homer4598
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Technique
The only legitimate fee there is the TDA.

Holdback is money that the dealer gets PAID! So if anything, it's a credit!

Whsl. Financial reserve - ?????? I have no idea ??????

Well, yeah, the holdback is the money that the dealer gets paid, but that doesn't mean that they'd give it up. $500 over invoice is a very good price.

Whsl. Financial reserve could be the money that the manufacturer gives the dealership for taking up floor space. I read about it someplace -- the source said it was something like $160 a month and the dealership usually receives two months.
Old 01-04-07, 09:02 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by homer4598
Well, yeah, the holdback is the money that the dealer gets paid, but that doesn't mean that they'd give it up. $500 over invoice is a very good price.

Whsl. Financial reserve could be the money that the manufacturer gives the dealership for taking up floor space. I read about it someplace -- the source said it was something like $160 a month and the dealership usually receives two months.
Agreed, but the impression I got was that they were charging him those 3 figures above in ADDITION to the invoice price!

So invoice + $500 + $1350 in fees = $1850 over invoice = THEFT!!!

He should have paid invoice + $500 + $400 = $900 over invoice
Old 01-04-07, 09:29 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

1. TDA - $400
1. LDA is Lexus Dealer Advertising - part of dealer invoice
2. Holdback is "Flooring" - dealer gets paid on quarterly basis to cover overhead (cost of electricity etc...and basic "rent" for the cars to sit on lot, PDI, detail, etc etc)
3. Wholesale Finance Reserve - not sure what that is?

The first 2 are definately part of invoice so if you got $500 over I'd say you can rest easy it's a good deal.

Congrats and welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 01-04-07, 09:35 AM
Soda
Pole Position

Yeah, they're all legit. All three of those are on our Toyota invoices too. Don't worry bout money that can't be negotiated. Drive your car and be happy!!
Old 01-04-07, 09:41 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Regardless of if it's a good deal, the dealership lied and screwed this guy over, for sure... Look at the numbers:

Invoice price - $31300

He paid $33360 (NOT including Destination + TTL)

That's $2060 over invoice!!! Definitely not $500 over invoice like he was told...

GUMGUT: Go back to the dealership with all your paperwork and ask them why you paid what you paid... Go through it LINE BY LINE with them... Either they made a mistake or deliberately screwed you, either way, they owe you some money...
Old 01-04-07, 12:32 PM
sk72
Pole Position

Regardless of if it's a good deal, the dealership lied and screwed this guy over, for sure... Look at the numbers:

Invoice price - $31300

He paid $33360 (NOT including Destination + TTL)

That's $2060 over invoice!!! Definitely not $500 over invoice like he was told...

GUMGUT: Go back to the dealership with all your paperwork and ask them why you paid what you paid... Go through it LINE BY LINE with them... Either they made a mistake or deliberately screwed you, either way, they owe you some money...
Totally agree.. if your Car is a IS250 RWD with the P.Package (Non Nav/ML)that looks like the right Invoice. I got mine at 33K invoiced at 32,500K (34.3K OTD) but it was for a IS250 AWD with P.Package (HID, AFS, Heated Seats and Wood Trim).

Go back to your dealer like technique suggested, anyways if they have ripped anybody off.. what are the chances we can get some money back? can we file a law suit?
Old 01-04-07, 04:58 PM
homer4598
Pole Position

Agreed, but the impression I got was that they were charging him those 3 figures above in ADDITION to the invoice price!

Oh, I missed that. Yeah, TDA is the only one of those three not already included in the invoice. So he should definitely go back to discuss.
Old 01-04-07, 05:47 PM
leestoy
Driver

Guys,guys, guys, what's the big deal... leave it alone... the guy already left the dealer, paid what he paid... what sense is that to go back and haggle over something that was already agreed to... It's like going in to buy a shirt and then taking it home wearing it and then bringing it back and saying you paid to much... I say drive it and enjoy it.. Who cares what you paid over invoice.. If you love the car then whats the difference.... (By the way if you did pay $2k over invoice you got ripped.....lmao) Just enjoy it... Just my $.02
Old 01-04-07, 06:31 PM
rhsmd
Driver

i still don't get where everyone thinks that the dealer owes you a sale for only 500 over invoice, or at invoice.btw i still don't beleive any of you.
this guy agreed to a price, who cares what each line is for. in the end it's all profit, what's the diff what it's called.
Old 01-05-07, 05:15 AM
homer4598
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rhsmd
i still don't get where everyone thinks that the dealer owes you a sale for only 500 over invoice, or at invoice.btw i still don't beleive any of you.
this guy agreed to a price, who cares what each line is for. in the end it's all profit, what's the diff what it's called.

Well I agree that he doesn't have much recourse -- he signed the paperwork. However, it's more a point of being lied to by the dealership about two of those "fees".

Quick Reply: Have you heard about this fees?