IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Problems with programing my Genie garage with homelink??

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-14, 05:57 PM
carlos3366
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

program your homelink to learn the code from your remote. then have another person hold the button on the rear view mirror (rvm) & at the same time hit the learn button on your garage door opener.

so, first you teach the car the code from your remote door opener
second you teach your house the code coming from the lexus.
Old 12-01-14, 04:06 AM
xclusivetn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carlos3366
program your homelink to learn the code from your remote. then have another person hold the button on the rear view mirror (rvm) & at the same time hit the learn button on your garage door opener.

so, first you teach the car the code from your remote door opener
second you teach your house the code coming from the lexus.
This is what I have done with no luck. I have the homelink programmed but I'm having problems teaching the house (rolling codes)
Old 12-01-14, 07:26 AM
SC400MAN
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just replaced my 20 year old Genie with a Liftmaster with rolling code. I could not get the new one to pair up with my wife's 2007 IS. After several tries, I called Liftmaster and was told that it would only pair with 2011 and later Lexus, and that I needed a "Repeater". I had seen this in some of the literature for $39.95. Since I called Liftmaster, they sold me the repeater for $7.00, and Lexus is apparently paying them the difference. The repeater apparently fits electronically between the car and the motor and translates/updates. I have not received the repeater yet - will update when I get it and install.
Old 12-01-14, 09:06 PM
landflyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just programmed my new to me 2006 SC430 to my Genie door openers. What worked for me is understanding it's a two part process. You have to get the Homelink on the same frequency (for lack of a better word) and THEN doing the ladder dance. My remote is a tiny Kwikset model I have on my keychain and it would not train the homelink. I think it only transmits a few seconds and shuts off to save the battery. You have to use a remote that will stay on long enough for the frequency to be found. I used the boxy remote that came with the opener. It was not even programmed for my door...
Make certain the lights on both the homelink and remote stay on until the homelink blinks. Then make sure the homelink can blink the light on the opener before climbing on a ladder
Old 12-04-14, 07:11 AM
SC400MAN
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400MAN
I just replaced my 20 year old Genie with a Liftmaster with rolling code. I could not get the new one to pair up with my wife's 2007 IS. After several tries, I called Liftmaster and was told that it would only pair with 2011 and later Lexus, and that I needed a "Repeater". I had seen this in some of the literature for $39.95. Since I called Liftmaster, they sold me the repeater for $7.00, and Lexus is apparently paying them the difference. The repeater apparently fits electronically between the car and the motor and translates/updates. I have not received the repeater yet - will update when I get it and install.
An update for anyone who is unable to pair a 2010 and earlier Lexus to a newer rolling code door:

I received the repeater as described below yesterday. It came with a new remote, also. You take the new remote and pair it to the car (same procedures outlined in owners manual) . Next, plug the repeater into an outlet near the opener motor (my motor had an extra outlet where the motor plugged in). Push the learn button on the motor and then pair the Homelink in the car to the motor. My understanding is that the repeater accepts the signal from the car and then relays it to the motor, and, "Eureka", the car buttons now work!
Old 12-17-14, 07:51 PM
b8b
Rookie

I have an old Genie Pro 82 garage door opener, has a legacy receiver for a remote that uses dip switches (not rolling code). I was able to get the Homelink in my 2008 RX350 programmed, no problem. However, in my "new to me" 2007 LS460, it won't learn from the remote. I've cleared the memory repeatedly, but no matter how many times I try, even with the ignition on, it just won't learn from the remote.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-05-15, 05:48 PM
dhruvbh
Driver School Candidate

Default Solved for my Homelink and Genie Promax

Just moved into the new house and I was trying to program Homelink on my 2011 GS350 for Genie Promax, but the Lexus manual didn't work for me.

What did work for me was:
1. Erasing all of the original settings on the garage door opener, by getting on the ladder and holding down the "Learn" button for 10-20 seconds. After this, the hand held remote ceased to work.

2. Reprogramming the hand held remote by hitting the "Learn" button again. Rapid flash on the learn indicator light. Hit the button on the remote once (the learn indicator turned solid). Hit the button the remote one more time (the learn indicator turns off). Remote is now working.

3. Start with the instructions on the Lexus manual, program via the non-rolling code method by holding Homelink and remote button at the same time for several seconds (not sure if this step is actually required)

4. Get back on the ladder and hit the "Learn" button. Go to the car and hit the Homelink button for 2 seconds. Hit it again for 2 seconds.

That's it, my Homelink button was ready to go. One thing to note, if you have other hand held remotes for the door you are trying to program, they will lose settings after Step 1 above. To reprogram these other remotes, repeat step 2 above.
Old 04-05-15, 10:22 PM
Ronete
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys just program genie to my is 250 and it works but the problem is now the genie don't worn any more. My question is how many you allowed to program to the garage opener. Please help me guys.?
Old 04-06-15, 11:04 AM
Ronete
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys I'll try and works now to my car and to my genie remote
Old 04-06-15, 03:55 PM
ianbis
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this is what worked for my 2013 is250 and genie intellicode that's 17 years old

1) clear prior homelink remote buttons by depressing the two outer homelink buttons on the rearview mirror per owners manual
2) press learning mode switch on the garage door motor
3) go to car within 30 seconds and press and hold (3 seconds at a time) the homelink button that you wish to program repeatedly until the garage door starts operating
Old 04-23-15, 10:24 AM
SJRealtor
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what I found on youtube.
I hope this helps, tonight I pick up my 2011 LS 460.
I hope this works!
Old 06-16-15, 11:27 AM
SJRealtor
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Surprise simple fix on the garage door issue (I can help)

So, I tried and tried still the garage door would not code to my car. What nobody tells you, there must be a separate (from your garage door motor) transmitter box, (I refer my garage door guy to clients all the time, so my transmitter box was free). The transmitter just plugs into the wall and now we are good to go.
If you are local in Santa Clara County or surrounding areas and can not get your garage door to work from your car, let me know I will put you in touch with my great garage door guy.
Old 06-16-15, 11:47 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by SJRealtor
So, I tried and tried still the garage door would not code to my car. What nobody tells you, there must be a separate (from your garage door motor) transmitter box, (I refer my garage door guy to clients all the time, so my transmitter box was free). The transmitter just plugs into the wall and now we are good to go.
If you are local in Santa Clara County or surrounding areas and can not get your garage door to work from your car, let me know I will put you in touch with my great garage door guy.
You only need to buy a repeater if you own one of the new HomeLink 2.0 garage door opener systems. (Homelink 2.0 technology wasn't even introduced until about five years after this thread was originally posted)

SC400MAN posted this updated information earlier in this thread, see post 20 above.

If you need a repeater, it is widely available, e.g. here on Amazon
Liftmaster 855LM HomeLink® Repeater Kit - Garage Door Hardware - Amazon.com Liftmaster 855LM HomeLink® Repeater Kit - Garage Door Hardware - Amazon.com
. It's trivial to install; I doubt many will need to hire a garage door guy to do it.

Last edited by Bichon; 06-16-15 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-17-15, 05:56 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

If you have new garage door opener, you couldn't learn it unless you have 2015 IS. Our 2nd IS has old version of home link and need "home link repeater" to pair with new one. You could get it for free (of course $8 shipping will be applied).
Old 04-29-16, 08:34 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

hey guys i just bought a 2016 highlander and i'm trying to pair my genie acsr3 to it and having a hard time doing so

Quick Reply: Problems with programing my Genie garage with homelink??