IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP!!! - Removing Clock Panel to Eject Nav DVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-06, 05:26 PM
cpsmith516
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! - Removing Clock Panel to Eject Nav DVD

I found my little toothpicks, and I got a super thin electronics screwdriver to "pry" around the Hazard Flasher button, but no matter how I put the little tools in the panel, it still doesn't "pop" right out like the manual says it should. Can someone post some pictures or give me some tips on how to get this stupid thing out? I really wanna get my 5.1 override disc burned tonight if possible. Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-30-06, 06:13 PM
cpsmith516
Rookie

ok i've tried several times now to put the removal tools in and now matter how i do it, i don't hear a "click" as described in the manual. without exerting any real force, they go in completely, and it doesn't feel like there is any kind of spring in there. i've tried putting the flat head screwdriver under the hazard flasher button and prying upward and downward, the panel still does not pop out. what is the trick to this god forsaken thing? i have managed to scratch the panel in the process, and i've also marred up the button =( i've lost all patience in removing this disc. i tried it earlier when i got home from work and couldn't figure it out, walked a way for a while ate some dinner came up here posted this topic, and just now tried again with no luck. can someone please demystify the removal of this panel?
Old 11-30-06, 06:25 PM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by cpsmith516
ok i've tried several times now to put the removal tools in and now matter how i do it, i don't hear a "click" as described in the manual. without exerting any real force, they go in completely, and it doesn't feel like there is any kind of spring in there. i've tried putting the flat head screwdriver under the hazard flasher button and prying upward and downward, the panel still does not pop out. what is the trick to this god forsaken thing? i have managed to scratch the panel in the process, and i've also marred up the button =( i've lost all patience in removing this disc. i tried it earlier when i got home from work and couldn't figure it out, walked a way for a while ate some dinner came up here posted this topic, and just now tried again with no luck. can someone please demystify the removal of this panel?
After putting the removal tools into those little holes you need to pull the panel straight out with your flat head under the hazard button. No it doesnt come out easily and you think the button is about to break before the panel finally releases.
Old 11-30-06, 06:35 PM
cpsmith516
Rookie

oh my god, i finally got it, i have no idea how i got it but i did. i did manage to break one of those little toothpick things in half though =(. either way, override DVD here i come!
Old 11-30-06, 06:43 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

It's really hard. I gave up and went to the dealer playing stupid and they took it off for me. lol
Old 11-30-06, 08:08 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

actually... you have to insert the pins all the way in. Once it is all the way in.. then it unlatches the lock.

When inserting the pins... you will angle it from the inside towards the outside.

Let me know if you have inserted it all the way in.
Old 11-30-06, 08:33 PM
cpsmith516
Rookie

yeah so after all that hard work, it turns out my IS won't read memorex discs burned at 2.4x. back to the drawing board
Old 11-30-06, 09:16 PM
sickntired
Intermediate

after inserting the pins, I found it easiest to pull out the clock by using the suction cups that come with my Valentine 1
Old 12-19-06, 11:05 PM
el3ctone
Pole Position

wheres this tool located?

josh
Old 12-20-06, 07:45 AM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by el3ctone
wheres this tool located?

josh
The tool is in your trunk mounted toolkit.
Old 12-20-06, 07:51 AM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Is there a reason why the DVD is not more accessible like all the other Lexus? Was it a space problem? Having to take apart the dash just seems strange, especially for Lexus.
Old 12-20-06, 10:38 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Picture is worth a thousand words:
Attached Thumbnails HELP!!! - Removing Clock Panel to Eject Nav DVD-nav-disc-access.jpg  
Old 12-20-06, 10:39 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you gotta push those little pins in ALL the way...
Old 12-20-06, 10:51 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

pins gotta go in all the way.

try my method if you got 3M double sided tape.

it works like a charm. and does not ruin the finish.
Old 12-20-06, 05:20 PM
el3ctone
Pole Position

hey does the IS come with the DVD inside when bought brand new? i pressed the dvd eject on the MENU to eject the navi disc, nothing comes out.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! - Removing Clock Panel to Eject Nav DVD