IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation Hack Alternative - Hybrid Nav DVD

Old 05-19-07, 09:28 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! Nice, got it to work!!!! Awesome! Ended up using the ImgBurn program to create an .iso first then burning using ImgBurn again. Of course had to pull the fuse for a couple minutes to get the firmware to load. After that bingo! I can do the bypass and enter addresses on the go.
Old 06-16-07, 10:55 AM
dmimedia
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, I don't think there is going to be a software workaround for the version 6 firmware. The sales rep I bought my 2007 IS from has the same car and he's talked to the techs and tried to get a workaround for it as well, to no avail. He's not bull****ting me either, since my family has bought 3 other cars from him in the last year.

I'm still hopeful though.
Old 06-20-07, 03:03 PM
dyerucf
Driver School Candidate

Does any one have that file they are talking about, I have the newest software and would love to be able to input while driving, or at least make sure the passenger has the ability to do so. Does this hack also give me bluetooth phone functionality while driving, or does it only affect the map functions.

Thanx in advance.
Old 06-20-07, 03:07 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

It does not give you anything but the ability to enter the override bypass menu for entering destinations while on the go. All the other annoying nav things are still locked.
Old 06-20-07, 03:08 PM
dyerucf
Driver School Candidate

ok, what about these aftermarket units, costal tech for example. Is there any hardware units that enable all the stupid things we all want. =]]

Still looking for that file.

John
Old 07-08-07, 07:45 AM
gmeardi
Rookie

Question

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Man!!! Im trying to get that damn Clock face off and its just not coming out! It was really hard in the first place to stick those tools in there and I tried wedging a very thin screw driver in under the emergency button (in the seal below it) but pulling that towards me wont make it budge... What I am doing wrong exactly. I tried the tape method too only to find that the tape wouldnt stick. Where did you guys stick the flat head screw driver to pull this thing out?

Nevermind, got it. Have to work each side out with the tools and the screw driver...
Ben, might you kindly be a bit more precise about how did you get the job done?
As in my post...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=292618
...I'm having 'some' serious problems... Many thanks!

Last edited by gmeardi; 07-08-07 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-08-07, 11:02 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

This is the best I could do to show in pictures how I removed that stupidly designed cover! Its not easy to remove, but very easy to scrap. Above all the best I can tell you is take your time, work one side at a time and always be mindful that one slip and you could end up with a fat gash across your clock face!

Old 07-08-07, 11:50 PM
Sir Topas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stash84
I actually talked to a tech a couple months ago. He told me that there "may be" a bypass. I believe it involves cutting wires since he says he wants to work on it from his home. If not, he would have taken the 300 bux I offered him and pushed a few buttons. Eventually, after a few visits, I gave him my number and he was supposed to call me. That was a month ago. I think he mentioned something about using the brake line but he was very vague. Ive also seen something here about connecting the brake wire to another one but I want to make sure it has no setbacks before i attempt anything. I just called his partner @ Lexus 5 mins ago and he told me that the tech is in atlanta @ Lexus Training ! He should be back on wednesday..Hopefully he learned something that will help us!!!!!
So did the tech have any info regarding an override for 6.1?
Old 07-11-07, 09:49 AM
cobestr
Driver School Candidate

Default no region

I had a weird one happen when updating my 05 lexus rx330. I was going from 4.x to the 6.x maps with the 5.x over ride. new maps loaded and I still had the over ride. The problem was I could not select a region. It was just blank and the change button did nothing. This in turn disabled address input and any poi info, since it did not know what region to search. Although it would still navigate to memory points.
Old 07-26-07, 04:41 PM
pboxman
Driver School Candidate

I see all this talk on the overrides...but I am looking for a simple way to remove the navigation disclaimer screen everytime I start her up. I tried a search but could not find it. Anyone that can help with that? 2007 IS250

Thanks, Pete
Old 07-26-07, 06:07 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by pboxman
I see all this talk on the overrides...but I am looking for a simple way to remove the navigation disclaimer screen everytime I start her up. I tried a search but could not find it. Anyone that can help with that? 2007 IS250

Thanks, Pete
The Vaistech SLI iPod integration module has an option to automatically acknowledge the disclaimer screen at startup. Obviously you aren't going to spend $300 just to avoid pressing "I agree", but if you are also looking to integrate your iPod with the factory radio and controls, this solution might appeal to you.
Old 07-27-07, 03:06 PM
pboxman
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Bichon. Dealer told me that you can find on the web how to bypass that screen. It sounds like it is not possible. Anyone else out there that has heard of getting rid of the navigation disclaimer screen on start up?

Pete
Old 07-28-07, 07:32 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pboxman
Thanks Bichon. Dealer told me that you can find on the web how to bypass that screen. It sounds like it is not possible. Anyone else out there that has heard of getting rid of the navigation disclaimer screen on start up?

Pete
The dealer is wrong. You cannot "get rid of it". As Bichon said, you can only install a device to automatically press the "I Agree" button after a few seconds...
Old 08-02-07, 11:30 AM
Kuzyn
Driver School Candidate

Hi i don't get something i have an 06 IS350 with navigation 5.1 and i was thinking of updating it to 6.1 that's a normal thing to me updating. As a read here some of you have the 6.1 version and you are talking about downgrading to 5.1 what's the deal with this i don't get this. Pleas let me know is there some type of problem with the version 6.1 and if there is please let me know what type of problem Thanks you all ....
Old 08-02-07, 03:30 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kuzyn
Hi i don't get something i have an 06 IS350 with navigation 5.1 and i was thinking of updating it to 6.1 that's a normal thing to me updating. As a read here some of you have the 6.1 version and you are talking about downgrading to 5.1 what's the deal with this i don't get this. Pleas let me know is there some type of problem with the version 6.1 and if there is please let me know what type of problem Thanks you all ....
Read this thread from post 1 and you should understand...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation Hack Alternative - Hybrid Nav DVD