Video Of Supercharged Is350!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-06, 06:37 AM
ddquach
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JB IS350X
ddquach,

Please continue to post here and keep everyone updated on your car. I especially am very interested in the good and the bad. Much respect is deserved and given to you for your willingness to step out of the crowd and do something big with the car. I understand the frustration when you post on a forum and get flamed.. It is unfortunate that so many people voice such a negative opinion with nothing to back it up.

95% of everyone who posted comments about how bad it sounded could have simply posted a similar comment ASKING maybe why it sounded strange. There was no need for so many negative comments in this thread.

Guys and gals, we drive one heck of a nice car.. The least we can do is be mature and respect one another. If a member wants to LIFT his/her IS then more power to them; it may not be your style or preference, but there is no need to say things that would prevent them from wanting to come back and post on the board.

All in all, these boards are here to help people in one way or another. Whether it be learning or teaching. I for one want to be able to do both.

I hope everyone continues to post things on these forums about their cars that potentionally may help someone with a question some day.

Congrats again on a great car and some great mods. I know many of us look forward to seeing more about it including dyno #s and strip times if you ever take it down. Good luck and God Bless.
WOW, I'm glad their people out there who wants to know how the progress is going. Thanx again JB IS350X, yours words was well said. Hopefully if the shop not busy with service we can get these mods and dyno result in.
Old 10-26-06, 06:59 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

I dont care what anybody says...that car sounds sick. That's one car you don't want to look over at at a stop light...cause you'll get your doors blown off, and manhood stomped on. Keep on pushing it ddquach, mad props. The whining sound of a supercharger is lovely. I can't wait til your car is complete w/ dyno numbers etc.
Old 10-26-06, 07:09 AM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Woooo oh ya... i remember Doug and that car. THATS SWEET!!!! Very nice.
Old 10-26-06, 11:35 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

You guys seen RoRo's dyno with his LMS supercharger? He went from 277 (STD) to 314hp

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=230794
Old 10-26-06, 12:02 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Hey!! I want to know all the progress you have on the car too!! I said it sounded like ***, but that was mainly referring to the video. The car looks tight and I'm sure the video doesn’t do the car's true sound justice. I apologize for sounding negative. And I'm still curious about that 400+hp. That's a LOT of horsies under the hood.

Post up dyno results and maybe some time slips too!!
Old 10-26-06, 12:29 PM
Xelvic
Driver

ddquach I love your supercharged IS350. Thats why I found your video and posted it here for others to enjoy. How are you and RoMo getting this SC's from LMS? Are you the R&D testers. Do you know if they plan on making a set of headers?

Last edited by Xelvic; 10-26-06 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-26-06, 01:11 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
Hey!! I want to know all the progress you have on the car too!! I said it sounded like ***, but that was mainly referring to the video. The car looks tight and I'm sure the video doesn’t do the car's true sound justice. I apologize for sounding negative. And I'm still curious about that 400+hp. That's a LOT of horsies under the hood.

that's exactly what i meant too.

doug, i saw your car in person at the aerotect meet a while back w/o the S/C. it looked great then and i bet it looks even better now. great job w/the car. can't wait to see the dyno. i want my car to get to at least 300rwhp.
Old 10-26-06, 05:22 PM
fly2low
Driver

Actually, Mr. Quach, Sir,

Would you care to share the details?

What does the kit include (injectors, fuel pump, etc)?
Is in intercooled? Where is the location?
AFR?
How do you tune it, kinda curious about timing?
Do you use somekind of wideband display?

I am a bit worry about the fact that you are running the car with Cali super-deluxe pissgas.

Maybe it is a good time to invest in a high flow cat, too .
Old 10-26-06, 07:39 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
I dont care what anybody says...that car sounds sick. That's one car you don't want to look over at at a stop light...cause you'll get your doors blown off, and manhood stomped on. Keep on pushing it ddquach, mad props. The whining sound of a supercharger is lovely. I can't wait til your car is complete w/ dyno numbers etc.
Thanx for the comments. I still have alot of plans for this car. Motor and all.. Also to let some of you know its not for show, just my own personally taste.
Old 10-26-06, 07:42 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SilverLexo

I will post dyno and track times when the car get tune right. As of right now the shop so busy with other guest car that mine on the back burner. Will let everyone know what the results as soon as I know myself.
Old 10-26-06, 07:49 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Xelvic
ddquach I love your supercharged IS350. Thats why I found your video and posted it here for others to enjoy. How are you and RoMo getting this SC's from LMS? Are you the R&D testers. Do you know if they plan on making a set of headers?
Actually RoMo was the R&D car. His and mine has the same setup for the SC. My car has another type of setup. Was planning to put meth/alchol/water injection in to help cool the intake temps and help with intake temp. Of coarse most of you know that the 2gen IS engine bay gets really hot and I want to cool the temps down. As for headers no that involveds a lot of R&D and unsure end results. I believe Steve rather leave that to someone else.
Old 10-29-06, 07:35 PM
a.k.aws.
Driver

I saw ddquach's car today on lower azusa. I acutally didnt know about his car until i heard his supercharger down the street. i was @ albertos and all of a sudden i hear this car gunning it. waahahah i jumped up and realized its the first time seeing the new IS boosted. let me tell you, i got a good look and it sounds AWESOME.
Old 10-29-06, 08:54 PM
MeTrO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's another video of a race-ready machine!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7jUdLx04ns

Old 10-30-06, 07:08 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MeTrO
Here's another video of a race-ready machine!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7jUdLx04ns

thats cayman dive's IS.
Old 10-30-06, 07:15 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
thats cayman dive's IS.
Yeah that's me. I'm going to race one more time this year. This Sunday November 5th at MIR is the World Cup Finals Imports vs Domestics race and I plan to run in the Street Stock class. Wish me luck. If anyone plans on going and has a better video camera that would be cool. My camera just doesn't work that well for doing videos.

http://www.mirdrag.com/worldcup/wcf06/classes.htm

BTW..Whats up with the "sad face"?

Last edited by caymandive; 10-30-06 at 07:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Video Of Supercharged Is350!!!