Non ML - CD display text settings

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-06, 10:55 PM
CMistIS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non ML - CD display text settings

Hello,

When i play a CD, by default the display text show up as Track Number, I'm aware that you can change the views by pressing Text button but i was wondering if there was any way to save the text display settings to the one I've set it on Track Title.

Once i turn off the engine it goes back to default.

any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 10-17-06, 06:27 AM
jasoncd
Pole Position

sorry, not possible.
Old 10-17-06, 07:03 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the new IS the cd player can display the track# and title. I wonder how.
Old 10-17-06, 08:25 PM
lexudv
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
In the new IS the cd player can display the track# and title. I wonder how.
When you say "display the track# and title" do you mean even if you turn it off. Because I have an 07 and it does the same and defaults everytime you switch from radio to cd or when you turn off the car. Kind of annoying..
Old 10-17-06, 09:08 PM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

AHHHH!!!! I Hate this also!!

I was really hoping I could keep it on the Title part for my MP3 CD's and the Message one for Radio stations!! This should be customizable like holding down text to set your default like a radio station!! Come on Lexus Oh we'll... I'll survive hahaha
Old 10-17-06, 09:56 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

my mp3 cds always display their titles whether i turn the car off and back on again. my radio doesnt stick to the messages though =(
Old 10-17-06, 10:04 PM
lexudv
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gshb
my mp3 cds always display their titles whether i turn the car off and back on again. my radio doesnt stick to the messages though =(
What setting did you change? I tried changing the text to title, song, etc. and as soon as I turn off the car it defaults back..
Old 07-21-07, 12:09 PM
jdoolitt
Rookie

Sorry to resurrect an old thread - but I have the same problem. When I turn off my IS250, the last setting I had (by hitting the TEXT button) for my MP3s is gone - or back to the default of showing nothing but disk FLD and Track numeric values (I usually hit TEXT 3 times to view Track text). It's been that way since day one.

Last week, I had a dealer loaner while some work was being done. It was an ES350. I noticed right away that the radio (which looks identical to the IS250 that I have) saved the last settings for the MP3 I was listening to, whenever I turned off the car... then on later.

Is there a way of making the last TEXT setting for MP3s "sticky" - so it is recalled when you start your IS250??

Note: Stock (non NAV) stereo, 2007 IS250. . .
Old 07-21-07, 12:18 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

the stock Lexus deck is horrible IMO. I've used better decks in rental GM cars...
Old 07-21-07, 12:48 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrMut
the stock Lexus deck is horrible IMO. I've used better decks in rental GM cars...
You mean the IS without nav? Yea I agree I never really like that one at all. Looks very old.
Old 07-21-07, 04:02 PM
jdoolitt
Rookie

OK. So the stock radio looks horrible... I guess you boys have no clue as to why the same stereo in the ES350 behaves differently than the one in the IS250. . . but I appreciate you interjecting your opinion on the looks of the stereo. Anyone else have any ideas? Is my radio defective, or do all the IS250 stock stereos lose the TEXT settings when powered off? Appreciate any help..
Old 07-22-07, 03:08 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it losses the settings. It does not keep them.

And i was talking about looks of the non-nav deck, i was talking about features. The text display is one of several disappointments with it... But oh well, i knew that when i bought it. I'm not really complaining, but would be nice to have a decent deck in there since we cant replace it.
Old 07-22-07, 05:20 PM
jdoolitt
Rookie

Agree about the features. Really dissapointed now that I drove a ES350 with what appears to be the same exact stereo. It works like it should, remembering your last TEXT settings. . .
Old 07-22-07, 05:54 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jdoolitt
Agree about the features. Really dissapointed now that I drove a ES350 with what appears to be the same exact stereo. It works like it should, remembering your last TEXT settings. . .
Had my CD/radio unit replaced a couple months ago under warranty (CD quit working), and after that I noticed that the song titles showed up on my homemade CDs. I don't pay that much attention to it, but think that was a change. On the old unit, I had seen titles before, but had to push buttons, I think, like y'all are saying. Maybe they changed them after 2006?
Old 01-06-08, 06:25 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you get it to show the song titles?

i know its an old post but i was just in my car changing CD's and its says (no title) for the cd and track name and was wondering how do i get it to show the names?

Quick Reply: Non ML - CD display text settings