IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sports Package with ML not availabel with 07 IS350??? No more aluminum trim?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-06, 05:16 PM
wushuboy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports Package with ML not availabel with 07 IS350??? No more aluminum trim?

Hello all,

New to the forums here and had a question for all of you knowledgeable people. Im in the market for an 07 IS350 but am looking for one with a sports package (because i abhor the wood trim and wanted the aluminum trim) with the ML system.

Today I went to the Lexus dealer in Santa Monica, CA and they told me that lexus no longer offers the ML with sports package. Is this true? They told me that the ML is only available with the luxury package. Also they said that they are phasing out the aluminum sports trim because people complained about scratching. Is lexus really not producing any ISs with sports and ML. I would rather not special order it because that would mean i would probably have to pay msrp but I just wanted to know if lexus really is not offering this anymore.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-29-06, 05:19 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

you can always special order whatever you want. But there's usually 3 to 5 months wait for special orders.

Good luck!
Old 09-29-06, 05:24 PM
wushuboy
Driver

Thanks for the reply STIG.. Yeah I know you can special order it but the dealer seemed pretty reluctant to do so and he said i'd have to pay MSRP for it which i would rather not do. I figure if lexus produced some ISs with sports and ML that you could haggle the price down. Might be harder with special orders right? That's why i wanted to see if lexus is producing sport+ML without special ordering.
Old 09-29-06, 06:20 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

They're all reluctant to special order. But you have to do that to get what you REALLY want. You may have to pay more, but what's more important to you... getting what you want or saving a few $$$?
Old 09-29-06, 06:21 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do the IS builder on the lexus website. It will tell you what options are avail in your area
Old 09-29-06, 06:31 PM
wushuboy
Driver

yeah i did.. no sports available and no ML... Lexus really screwed up with the package options for the 07.. whats the deal!
Old 09-29-06, 06:34 PM
wushuboy
Driver

also has anyone confirmed that they are indeed getting rid of the aluminum/gray plastic trim and just offering the wood?
Old 09-29-06, 06:36 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
do the IS builder on the lexus website. It will tell you what options are avail in your area
That builder page only tells you what you can expect to find on the lots in your area. NOT what you can order. So don't let that discourage you from getting exactly what you want.

Originally Posted by wushuboy
also has anyone confirmed that they are indeed getting rid of the aluminum/gray plastic trim and just offering the wood?
They are not getting rid of that trim.
Old 09-29-06, 06:39 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am getting my 2007 IS350 with Sport Package AND nav/ML for $3100 off MSRP, special order. Don't believe the lies of the dealer, if one give you crap, go to another.

You live in california, I would email the 30-40 dealerships within a 200 mile radius of you and go with the one with the best price. I had to email about 30 dealerships in my area and about a dozen gave me offers below MSRP. I went with the 2nd lowest price, $3100 off MSRP.

NEVER BELIEVE A WORD THE DEALER SAYS. LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY, NOT THE DEALER.
Old 09-29-06, 06:41 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Of course the aluminum/gray trim is available. It's the BASE trim!!! You get it standard. You only get wood with the Luxury or Premium package.
Old 09-29-06, 07:18 PM
wushuboy
Driver

thank you technique.. at least i know it's possible. I just wonder if there's anyone from california who pulled this off
Old 09-29-06, 07:30 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

I just wonder if there's anyone from california who pulled this off
Pulled what off? Special order a car with sports and ML? Yeah, I did. Wasn't that hard. (1) Go to dealer, (2) leave deposit, (3) wait 3-4 months.
Old 09-29-06, 07:46 PM
wushuboy
Driver

well how much did you pay for it? Seems like technique got a really nice deal at 3100 below MSRP.... i think that'd be hard to come across in so cal.
Old 09-29-06, 08:06 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

well how much did you pay for it? Seems like technique got a really nice deal at 3100 below MSRP.... i think that'd be hard to come across in so cal.
Like I said previously. Do you want a car with the options you want, or save a few $$$ and get something you don't really want? You may not get it both ways, only you can decide. Personally, I wanted to get the car EXACTLY the way I wanted, I wasn't too concerned with price (as you can see with my option list below )
Old 09-29-06, 08:12 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

i think you can get a special order for less than MSRP. I haggled and haggled on the internet and got down to 36,700 for my '07 IS250 with nav. THen i went into the dealer and started talking colors. They didn't have Smokey Granite Mica with Cashmere which is what i wanted, but said they would special order and still honor the price.

I didn't end up special ordering because once i saw the Black Saphhire Pearl i was sold.

Quick Reply: Sports Package with ML not availabel with 07 IS350??? No more aluminum trim?