IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My 07 IS350 w/X-Package

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 06:23 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

WTF??? The x-package has WOOD trim interior?!?!?!

Sparker: Did yours also come with premium package? If so, that would explain it...
Old 09-27-06, 10:37 AM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the IS250 just to make sure you know, and with that you dont have - as many - options as you do on the IS350. However, I got the X - Package w/ the Premium package. So included in prem. package is the wood trim and ventilated seats, it looks much better than the aluminum!
Old 09-27-06, 10:54 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

My favorite options are: NAV, bluetooth & Illuminated scuff plates. The Mercedes NAV in my E55 stinks.
Old 09-27-06, 10:55 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SParker1tx
So included in prem. package is the wood trim and ventilated seats, it looks much better than the aluminum!
Well, to each their own... Personally, I can't stand the wood trim, or cashmere color interior... I wouldn't have wood trim in any car that is the least bit "sporty"... I associate wood trim with big, slow, luxury cars... Even in my large S-type Jag I don't really dig the wood trim, but it fits since it's an old man's luxury vehicle...
Old 09-27-06, 11:00 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jman-is350
My favorite options are: NAV, bluetooth & Illuminated scuff plates. The Mercedes NAV in my E55 stinks.
Ya, COMAND is pretty crappy... German cars have good engines, but crappy electronics...
Old 09-27-06, 11:03 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Technique
WTF??? The x-package has WOOD trim interior?!?!?!

Sparker: Did yours also come with premium package? If so, that would explain it...
Yeah, the interior of my IS350 has burlwood trim exactly like the pictures posted by Sparker but I have NAV. I dont like the burlwood trim either, I like black birdeyes. I wonder if I can swap it out at the dealership?
Old 09-27-06, 11:14 AM
flyfl1pguy

X package is not bad at all. . .
Old 09-27-06, 12:32 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

The wood/Aluminum trim thing was my deciding factor on which package I was going to get.. Luxury or Sports. Would have liked to get the Luxury without the wood, and used my own suspension.
Old 09-27-06, 12:37 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by OutlawsX
The wood/Aluminum trim thing was my deciding factor on which package I was going to get.. Luxury or Sports. Would have liked to get the Luxury without the wood, and used my own suspension.
Sport and luxury are almost the same anyway.

The only thing you don't get with Sport package that you get with the Luxury package is the rear sunshade. Sport package has everything else the luxury package has (except wood trim of course).
Old 09-27-06, 12:43 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Ya I know.. but I wanted the silly sun shield thing in the rear.. and I was going to get a proto set of coilovers anyhows... but I really couldn't stand the wood trim. So I went with the sports.
Old 09-27-06, 01:10 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Ya I know.. but I wanted the silly sun shield thing in the rear.. and I was going to get a proto set of coilovers anyhows... but I really couldn't stand the wood trim. So I went with the sports.
lol, that part about the sunshade sounds like something I would say :-) I actually tried to get just the sunshade added to the sport package but I guess it's not possible. I would never use it, but I wanted it! haha
Old 09-27-06, 02:06 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Technique
lol, that part about the sunshade sounds like something I would say :-) I actually tried to get just the sunshade added to the sport package but I guess it's not possible. I would never use it, but I wanted it! haha
Or you can TINT your windows.
Old 09-27-06, 03:25 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

It's still not the same as the silly sunshade thing popping up.

Basically I wanted a combination of Luxury with Sports Package, but without the wood interior. The was the ONLY thing discouraging my choice.

Now that I've seen X package, it's not that bad afterall... I don't need half the junk I added to the car.
Old 09-27-06, 03:31 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Basically I wanted a combination of Luxury with Sports Package, but without the wood interior. The was the ONLY thing discouraging my choice.

Now that I've seen X package, it's not that bad afterall... I don't need half the junk I added to the car.
Ya, the sports package basically is all the luxury features of the lux pack, with the "sport" suspension.

What did you add besides what's in your sig?
Old 09-27-06, 04:15 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Heehehee... I have the rear sunshade on my E55 and I never use it since I all my windows are tinted at 10% all around.

I like the TRC kits for our car but I am not feeling the rear spoiler though. The QUAD exhausts definitely make the car lots more aggressive.

Quick Reply: My 07 IS350 w/X-Package