IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I really like Cashmere, but everyone tells me NO. Get gray or black

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 03:38 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by juan01
My best advice to you is to get what you like... or regret later.
i agree...

I love my black interior.. i've driven the IS with all interior colors and i'm happy with with i got
Old 09-13-06, 05:45 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

My last car (2002 Camry XLE) had a Cashmere interior and it looked great after 5 years of use... You do have to keep it up a bit more and be careful as to what you put on the seats, etc. not to leave a mark.

As others have noted above, the cashmere floor mats do get dirty QUICK... much quicker than my Camry's cashmere colored mats. I might replace with the black mats soon.

I really liked the look of the black and cashmere interior color scheme. IMHO, it does look more "luxury" (spelled L-E-X-U-S, LOL). The black on black just didn't have the "pop" *I* was looking for.

In the end, get what YOU want you are the one who will be paying for and driving the car. You don't want to spoil the purchase by later wishing that you'd gone a different route with colors.

My $0.02 worth
Old 09-13-06, 05:51 AM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've heard the cashmere gets dirty easily too... but get what you want or you might regret it.

or you might turn out like me, i would not even look at anything other than a black interior, but ended up getting the sterling interior on the lot instead and i'm happy i did...
Old 09-13-06, 05:59 AM
muffin57
Driver School Candidate

Here's my $0.02.

I wanted black interior but was told it didn't exist in my area and wasn't going to come in as an '06. The more I looked at the cashmere, the more I started to like it. I've had the car for just over a month now with around 1700 miles. The day after I bought the car, I went back to the dealer and bought black floor mats. $180. Ouch. The cost hurt, but I'd do it again. My cashmere mats were already showing marks. The black floor mats give me some piece of mind, and considering the interior is black on top, it actually looks nice. I keep Meguiars Leather Cleaner wipes on hand, and I've been fine so far. I've had a few marks, but they've all come out. It's definately going to need alot of love, but I'm very happy with my choice.

......so far.
Old 09-13-06, 06:48 AM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get what you want!!! Don't listen to others. It will be your car, not theirs.
Old 09-13-06, 08:29 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

muffin57,

Would you mind posting a few picts of the black mats in the Cashmere car???

I'd really like to see what that looks like
Old 09-13-06, 08:55 AM
tgara
Pole Position

Originally Posted by socalJD
I have the Cashmere interior but not wood. Remember that the Cashmere has black accents (the dashboard, steering wheel, upper door panels, etc) so the two-tone theme works well in the IS interior. The only thing I don't like is that the cashmere floormats get dirty fast, so if I were you, get all weather mats or switch to black mats. When I cant stand it any longer I'll get OEM black mats to replace the cashmere set. I've heard from other owners that the black interior shows dust very easily. . .
See, I hate the two-tone look, especially in the Cashmere. It's just wrong in my opinion. I prefer the monochromatic look of the black, and I've found it is surprisingly easy to keep clean.

As you can see, we all have opinions on what looks best. But whatever you do, get what you like. Remember, you're going to be looking at this interior every day for 5-6 years, so you better like it!
Old 09-13-06, 09:51 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tgara
See, I hate the two-tone look, especially in the Cashmere. It's just wrong in my opinion. I prefer the monochromatic look of the black, and I've found it is surprisingly easy to keep clean.
Interesting you feel that way, since even the black interiors have grey headliners and fabic on the pillars. That's the reason black would have been an acceptable 2nd choice for me, the grey offsets the rest of the interior and made it seem less dark & confining (IMHO) . . .
Old 09-13-06, 09:52 AM
jamthiede
Driver School Candidate

I have a cashmere interior on my matadoor red mica IS350 and I love it. Haven't had any issues keeping the interior clean except for the floor mats. I even occassionaly have a 1 year old in the back and haven't noticed excesive wear after 5500 miles. Last week I got a IS250 loaner in the same color, but with a black interior. Personally I hated the black interior, but like everyone else is saying buy what you like because you are the one who will be looking at it on a daily basis.
Old 09-13-06, 11:28 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with others. You get what you like!

My interior is black, and I have never thought about getting another color since the beginning. The interior of my previous car was tan, and I had a hard time keeping it clean; therefore, I chose black. Sales dudes offered me cashmere too, but I said no!
Old 09-13-06, 11:40 AM
flyfl1pguy

YEs cashmere is so hard to keep clean so I say just black or grey.
Old 09-13-06, 12:27 PM
tgara
Pole Position

Originally Posted by socalJD
Interesting you feel that way, since even the black interiors have grey headliners and fabic on the pillars. That's the reason black would have been an acceptable 2nd choice for me, the grey offsets the rest of the interior and made it seem less dark & confining (IMHO) . . .
Yes, gray is closer to black than the cashmere is to black - thus gray/black is more acceptable. Its the contrast of the black next to the beige that seems weird to me.

I also do not find the gray/black so offensive because the gray portions are not very prominent. One usually does not look at their headliner very often, but one DOES look at the dashboard, which, in the cashmere cars, are tu-tone black and cashmere. FEH!

As you can see, all the various opinions about colors is why Lexus offers several interior colors in the first place! So don't listen to us, but rather get what looks best to YOU!
Old 09-13-06, 12:50 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i prefer black interiors, in the IS it will match the dash. My dad has a gray interior in his 740 and the dirt shows up much easier on the leather
Old 09-13-06, 01:24 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

i love cashmere and I have never washed my leather once since I got my car last year. still looks new to me. I was also told that cashmere will easily worn out, but I fould it not true. Get what you like. I love my cashmere interior.
Old 09-13-06, 01:59 PM
frylai
Driver

Obviously the Ivory is extremely hard to maintain unless you never wear jeans. I had Sterling (Grey) Interior and it had stain only after one month of ownership. Black is maintenance free.

Black = Sporty and Maintenance Free
Grey = Sporty and Cyber
Ivory = Luxury and good luck on taking care of it

BUT YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE GO FOR WHAT YOU WANT MY FRIEND!!!

Matt =)

Quick Reply: I really like Cashmere, but everyone tells me NO. Get gray or black