Search this Thread

Old 09-08-06, 10:45 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus of Glendale -good for IS service need

I'm trying to kill 4 birds with 1 stone here:

5000 mile service (free)
spoiler installation ($430 or so - can't remember the exact $)
detailing with clay ($100 with bra installation)
clear bra installation ($795 including installation)

Lexus of Glendale is the only one here that can do all 4 in 2 days with loaner car. Can't beat the one stop deal! I know they might not be the cheapest, and many suggested I go for independent shops (in other words - shop around!). I have but too time consuming and hardly fits my busy schedule. Since my 5000 mile service is up, may as well, right?

Anyways, for those who use L.O.G., like their service?

Also, I'm thinking about switching from 18" to 17". Any thoughts on this. I've heard 17" makes the ride more smooth and lasts longer. I hate the idea of changing tires every 15,000 miles.
Old 09-08-06, 11:04 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

the size of the rims isn't going to change your treadwear... it's your tire... you can change your tire to a more sucky one and it will last you more miles. Our ride isn't smooth cause we're on low pros also. It will make a difference yes, but I don't the ride will still bother you.
Old 09-09-06, 04:15 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i dropped my car off at glendale once n no complaints. they gave me an rx330 for a loaner. i too am due for my 5000 mile service n since i got it from them... i'm probably gonna go back for the 5000 miles service in a week or two.

if i were you i'd seriously consider going to other places to get the clear bra n spoiler install done. you'd save a ton of money! also if you want your tires to last longer by rotating.. just get some 18 inch tires with the same size all around. no need to buy new 17 wheels. if you're concerned about the low profile tires.. then maybe get something with a thicker sidewall also.
Old 09-09-06, 08:23 AM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

The problem is.....I can't find anyone that I can trust or they are too far. I've decided to have the dealer do the spoiler installation for warranty reason.....in case it leaks due to drilling. After talking to a few dealers, none can do it for less than 2 hours.....so mid $400 is the price quoted by the dealers I've contacted. As for the clear bra, I'm still looking. The dealer seems convenient since I'm there anyway for that 5000 mile service. As for the wax thing, I've contacted 2 mobile detailers....their price - outrages! and I don't need the shampooing or vacuum, which is included with the price of full detailing. Maybe, I can skip the wax for now since I've just learned that wax needs to be removed prior to installation of the bra.

Forget about the 17 wheels. It was something I thought about momentarily. I'll keep the 18. Once that 15,000 mile is up, I'd decide.
Old 09-09-06, 08:30 AM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Another question - do you think 1/3 hood coverage with clear bra is good enough including fender? I don't want to do full hood. Also, what about side mirrors? 99% of my drive is freeway.
Old 09-09-06, 08:45 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

most peoples 18s are lasting longer, just depends on the roads and your driving habits, they lowballed the 15k mile disclaimer to people so theres no surprises but it can easily last longer
Old 09-09-06, 08:49 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

i'm a rookie.. what's a clear bra? also for the spoiler... are they drilling? it seems like they just use a double sided tape...
Old 09-09-06, 10:49 AM
akkord
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd suggest a good, reputable body shop to install the spoiler - Bistange Brothers in Glendale is really good, little pricier than most other body shops, but they do good work (Spoiler can be had for $180 shipped + $50-100 installed depending on body shop)

As for clear bra - lots of members have gone to AeroTect, they've had meets for CL there and a CL vendor...the GB is probably gone by now, but see below. I think I also saw a thread that they have full hood protection now, so you don't see the lines. Just my suggestion, I'm in So CA too and have NO complaints for Lexus of Glendale as I got my car there, but you can get the stuff you want done cheaper, but time is valuable so I can see why you want to go to just one place...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215167
Old 09-09-06, 01:06 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

even if the trunk started to leak due to the holes for the spoiler... i bet you won't even notice it. if it does leak.. it'll be very very little water getting in... not like niagra falls gushing into your trunk and creating a lake. so if there is water getting in, you won't notice unless you take off the trunk lid liner (which is a pita to take off cuz of the clips) and look up and closely inspect the holes.

for the clear bra, i'd suggest going to aerotect. i got mine done in july and it was also 495 and some change otd. that price is a special for cl members... just tell em you're from cl and they should give you that price. i got the 1/3 hood and fender coverage cuz they didn't have the full hood protection back then. the 1/3 hood coverage seems to be sufficient, although you do get that unsightly line, but eh i can live with the line. you can only see it if it gets dirty. they also cover the mirrors too... which is part of the entire package/kit.

i'm not sure who does the clear bra for glendale, but when they gave me the rx330 loaner, it had a clear bra on it and in my opinion it didn't look very good. the bra didn't go up to the edges and you could see the outline of the bra everywhere... not only the line on the hood. it looked horrible and was sorta yellowing (the loaner was about a year old too). i'm not sure what part of socal you're at but i guess the only downside to aerotect is that it's kinda far in la verne, but they're open saturdays if that helps.
Old 09-09-06, 03:52 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

anyone have picture of this clear bra
Old 09-09-06, 04:16 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

If you want to save some $ and don't mind driving a lil', you should have Aero tect do your clear bra - like already posted, CL special for $495 gets you 20" on the hood, full front bumper, front fenders and the side mirrors (if you pay cash, they may throw in fog overlays and taillight redouts). It will take 1.5-2 hrs, you need an appt, and they're located off the 60 & 57 fwy. If you like the idea of LoG as a one stop convenience, at least negotiate on the price. Show them where you can get the $495 clear bra deal and the ebay price (Sewell Lexus) for a rear spoiler and see if they'll match it or at least come close. If you're going to spend the $$$ anyways, at least be sure that you got the best deal possible, rather than rollover just for convenience sake.
Old 09-09-06, 05:07 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

i'm on so cal.. where's the best place to get a clear bra? Where is aero tect? i'm pretty damn close to 60 and 57..
Old 09-09-06, 06:56 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Well....now you're talking. $495 is worth hitting over to 60 and 57, about 45 to 60 minutes away, give or take traffic. I still need to respond back to L.o.G. about the spoiler, I really want the warranty.
Old 09-09-06, 11:48 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

omgitsroy, go to www.aerotect.net. You can get the address there. Aerotect is near the Pomona Fairplex for your info (10Fwy, exit Fairplex dr).
Old 09-09-06, 11:50 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

cali_girl, FYI, aerotect will also let you have a loaner car (its not a lexus of coz) if you need to go out and run some errands when you left your car over there. Maybe you can schedule the clear bra installation on a day where you might have to hit their area. Heck, go out shopping at Ontario Mills if you need to

Quick Reply: Lexus of Glendale -good for IS service need