IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone have an issue with Xenondepot?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-06, 08:29 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have an issue with Xenondepot?

I know Xenondepot is known for their great service but something unusual is going on - I ordered a HID kit for my IS350 on the 22nd, got a prompt email reply confirming the purchase and answering a few questions I had.

Later on the 22nd I get a email with the tracking information, so I'm thinking ok cool these guys are really on the ball and got my order out fast. I check the DHL tracking number, its for a package delivered 2 years ago to somewhere in Illinois. So now I'm concerned, wait a day and check the tracking again, same thing. I email them 2 times with no response and their phone has a message to email them only since they aren't available by phone. And no package either yesterday or today. Call DHL and give them the addresses and they don't find any packages heading to me.

I know they've given great service to the Clublexus community but I'm worried in light of what happened.
Old 08-24-06, 11:04 PM
b3dlam
Driver

I read on the DHL site that they do sometimes recycle tracking numbers, so on occasion, there may instances where the tracking information retrieved from the system prove to be incorrect.

What did DHL say about the tracking number itself? I am not in a position to second guess why/how the situation came about, but from my personal experience, Steve was very good in answering my questions. In any case, I hope your problem gets resolved real soon.
Old 08-24-06, 11:08 PM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

hey dont worry, i ordered my XD kit and im sure it will make it to you asap. customs is a biotch so just be patient. which email address did you email them at? info@xenondepot.com or sales@xenondepot.com ? in any case, they might not be able to email you right back, as i have seen recently.....but they will get back to you.
Old 08-25-06, 03:25 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

DHL said they do recycle tracking numbers but if an item was shipped under that number it should've updated already with the new shipment.

Emailed them at the info@xenondepot.com address and haven't gotten a reply since the original confirmation email.

I know they are a good business, I'm just concerned due to the lack of communication and bad information I've gotten from them. Stuff like this just makes me nervous.
Old 08-25-06, 04:53 AM
SugarRush
Pit Crew

Default I have good experience from xenon depot..

and they are pretty responsive in replying to email and voicemail. Typically within couple hrs, latest 24hr turnaround.
Keep calling/emailing them. I am sure Steve at XD will return your call.
Old 08-25-06, 10:46 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Unfortunately I haven't heard from them at all and its been over 2 days. No response to emails and their voice mail is not working, says to inquire by email.

The thing that gets me is that they said it shipped, give a erroneous tracking number and then nothing.
Old 08-25-06, 03:29 PM
StockIS350
Rookie

CosterG,
DHL advised me it should show in the system a few hours after they pick up the package, another representative advised me it should show up as soon as their rep scans the package, I also was issued a tracking # on 8/22/06, but no results, I have not heard from them either. Let me know what happens with you and I'll do the same.
Old 08-26-06, 05:00 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Well I now see that the package was actually shipped yesterday evening from Canada, and its local but since its Saturday they don't deliver. So there's a unexplained 3 day lag on the shipment.

So check your tracking StockIS350.

So hopefully it'll be here Monday - still no email responses from Xenondepot at all.
Old 08-26-06, 09:53 PM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

Steve from XD has great customer service, not sure why he didn't get back to you in time but shipping for my XD kit only took about 5 business days from Canada.

CoasterG, were you able to get the Black Pearl Emblems on your SGM yet? I want to see!

-Mike
Old 08-27-06, 03:26 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Not yet - its been raining here the past few days. Hopefully later today or early this week if the rains stop, want the adhesive to have a good opportunity to adhere.
Old 08-27-06, 10:17 AM
StockIS350
Rookie

CoasterG

I just saw the tracking number with DHL, it advised at delivery center. I think we should both get our kits Mon. I'm pleased that now we see it. I was concerned before of having a tracking number that DHL did not recognize. To be honest with you as long as the kit comes in without damage and is of high quality I'll be happy.
Old 08-27-06, 11:04 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by StockIS350
CoasterG

I just saw the tracking number with DHL, it advised at delivery center. I think we should both get our kits Mon. I'm pleased that now we see it. I was concerned before of having a tracking number that DHL did not recognize. To be honest with you as long as the kit comes in without damage and is of high quality I'll be happy.

So.....it wasn't a XenonDepot issue, but a DHL?
Old 08-27-06, 12:06 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrMark
So.....it wasn't a XenonDepot issue, but a DHL?
I wouldn't be too quick to go there - we don't know who's issue it is, DHL reflects the package was dropped off on Friday (8/25), 3 days after the tracking notice (8/22) was sent. And I still don't have an email from XenonDepot answering any of my questions and its been 5 days and counting.

I am happy that hopefully my kit will be here tomorrow and I can get them installed.
Old 08-27-06, 12:55 PM
tbs2
Driver School Candidate

Xenon Depot is not cheap when comparing to those JDM on Ebay.
Old 08-27-06, 01:23 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tbs2
Xenon Depot is not cheap when comparing to those JDM on Ebay.
Ebay "JDM" can be of questionable quality and not necessarily JDM, the XenonDepot kits are known to be Philips ballasts and bulbs which are high quality.

Quick Reply: Anyone have an issue with Xenondepot?