IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sirius Install--NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-06, 12:42 PM
smtymagoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Install--NEED HELP

Question!? I'm in the middle of the install. I have everything wired and it's secure, I turned the car on.. The system reloaded, I went to AM and hit the button to go to SAT and nothing happened. i hit it 20 times and nothing... then it popped in to SAT for 2 seconds and went away..

And when I cycle through with the MODE button on the steering wheel, if it gets to AM it stops and doesn't even go to FM.. anyone know what could be wrong? do you have to do anything int he settings? or is it a connection?

I double checked all the connections and it's still the same way.

any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!!!
Old 08-23-06, 02:20 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

double check your connections all over again.

if you are sure they are correct, you need to call the place where you got it from. They may have sent you the wrong harness or as the case may be, an unmodified one.
Old 08-23-06, 02:22 PM
redcell
Driver

might just need the activation. If you are on the sat screen you are probably ok. Make sure your car and the antenna are out in the open. Now you have to activate the receiver. Go to Sirius.com and click activate radio. Make sure you have the SN(11 digits I think, came as a sticker and on the sirius box.) Just go through the activation process and it should start working after that. That is how mine went up. Let us know!
Old 08-23-06, 02:49 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

activation should have nothing to do with how the tuner functions with the rest of the car.

I was able to listen to all the preview channels and switch between AM and SAT at will before activating.
Old 08-23-06, 03:06 PM
smtymagoo
Driver School Candidate

that's part of the weird thing. when i finally do get it to SAT after pressing the button 500 times... i get 3 stations in on each "type".. popp rock etc... i can't hit channel up.. only seek.. but i get stations i shouldn't get without activating.. then it all goes away again
Old 08-23-06, 03:11 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

You will get like channel 1 some other rock station and 184 or whatever as part of the preview.

You either got an unmodified harness or have a different versions in either your tuner or radio then me.

I can change stations with the ****, one click per station, I can change from AM to SAT1,2,3 at will from the headunit and the steering wheel. I can cycle through all of my presets from the wheel or the button on the headunit.

I just dont have any of the problems that I have read about. I would venture to say that it is working PERFECT for me. Only complaint that I have is the number of characters per line on the text display.
Old 08-23-06, 06:07 PM
smtymagoo
Driver School Candidate

Here's where I am now.. I activated the reciever. All the channels work and reception is clear an sound level is good. I still have NO control from sterring whell or tuning ****, or mode switching. The only way to switch channels is to type seek using the touch screen, then setting that station as the preset then touching the presets. I checked the connections everthing is in.. maybe it's a loose wire? Also there is no artist/song display in the preset buttons.. is there supposed to be? like the rds shows up on FM?all that shows in the button and on the top bar line is the station name. I just want to know if I'm missing that infor alsol
Old 08-23-06, 06:38 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

I only see the channel name on the preset button. you have to press "Text" to see song info.