IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Free Car Washes (the free dealer gift

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-06, 01:12 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think a lot of us here already know this having talked about it on several ocassions; thanks for the reminder. it is most beneficial in the winter when it is very cold outside and you don't feel like washing the car yourself or whenever you take a roadtrip and you arrive at your new city and don't want to drive around town with bugs and crap all over the car. no lexus dealership will turn you away with a "no" but since neither you nor i have checked in with all of them, it might be worth noting that you may encounter variations of this free wash policy such as time permitting but never anything like you didn't buy your car here or payment or with service only.
Old 08-20-06, 04:40 PM
ultra63
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a Lexus in CT last week and they denied any free car washes and you need it it there in the winter especially!
Old 08-20-06, 09:55 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't trust dealer's free car wash. Be careful. You may get swirls or minor scratches on the car. My car dealer offered me free car wash anytime I want. But I prefer to wash the car myself. Like for my 5000 miles service, I specifically asked them not to wash my car. I enjoy washing my car anyway.
Old 08-20-06, 10:03 PM
lex_diablo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy
I just like it in case I am on a trip and the car is dirty, I know that I can pull into a Lex Dealer and have them wash my car while I catch up on some Sportscenter and have a coke and a

ooh boy are you gonna regret those car washes with a Black Onyx . My '03 looks terrible
Old 08-21-06, 09:36 AM
kingpcgeek
Driver School Candidate

I receved a "free" car wash after some recent service. From now on I'm going to ask them to not wash the car after service. The windows were dirtier then when I went in. The inside back window still has the water streaks they left when they put the tint in 3 weeks earlier.
Old 08-21-06, 10:10 AM
Pittdawg
Driver

Originally Posted by kingpcgeek
I receved a "free" car wash after some recent service. From now on I'm going to ask them to not wash the car after service. The windows were dirtier then when I went in. The inside back window still has the water streaks they left when they put the tint in 3 weeks earlier.

I'm in EXACTLY the same boat
Old 08-21-06, 10:54 AM
sailing217
Pole Position

I'm going in for my 5k service this week. I will only consider letting them do the car wash if it's brushless. I have BLK Onyx and have a hard enough time with the swirls hand-washing it.
Old 08-25-06, 12:34 PM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Exactly what PittDawg and KingPCGeek said... when I picked my car up from the dealership they ended up having to wash it TWICE! The first time they streaked the body and windows so bad the car looked whitewashed. Smokey Granite Mica shows every water drop.

Even after the second wash the windows were a total mess... I took me forever to clean up the rear window... think I pass of the free washes in the future.

Cheers!

Kev
Old 08-25-06, 01:54 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

my parents bought a gm car about 10 years ago and i remember they washed it once at the dealer. they used soft water in their carwash so when we got the car back it was still dripping wet but it dried spotless. not sure if lexus does the same?
Old 08-25-06, 02:47 PM
cdiddy
Rookie

i had the lexus car wash today and it sucked. took it to a real car wash after. damn i see soo many scratches with the black onyx already.
Old 08-25-06, 03:13 PM
dscodogg69
Driver School Candidate

The dealership where I bought my GS never said anything about free washes. But I just bought an IS from a different dealership and they told me every saturday they have free washes. It was 3 or 4 kids washing them by hand not a crappy automatic car wash either. But the dealership is almost an hour away so it's not really beneficial to me. However today I had delivered to me a dozen roses with a vase from the Lexus dealership. And each rose bud has the Lexus emblem and the dealers name gold leafed onto it! Which I thought was just the greatest thing since sliced bread!
Old 08-25-06, 08:51 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

my dealer gave me free washes anytime... I would still perfer washing it on my own.. but with Monsoon season comming and crazy rain at random times mixed in with dust storms...a free wash can get you by a couple days before you do it yourself

but i would say my dealer does a decent job. I took my car to get retinted and my car was pretty clean to begin with.. but after the tint was done.. it took at what seemed like at least another 30mins to wash before i was able to drive it away.... I lost track of time only because i was trying to talk to the parts dept. to see what parts i can get and if they were willing to price match something i brought in
Old 08-26-06, 12:29 AM
txguy977
Rookie

Is there any brushless car wash from Lexus at Texas, DFW area?
Old 08-26-06, 01:30 AM
flyfl1pguy

I wouldn't let em wash the car period. Even if they say its free I rather wash it myself. .
Old 08-26-06, 05:45 AM
RCPiercy
Driver

I was up in Indiana for my cousin's wedding. Had all my car wash stuff in my car but no spicket. Would have washed it myself but couldn't so I just pulled into Lexus of Merrillville and they knocked it out in less than a half an hour. Granted machine washing is bad for the paint, but not as bad as every bug species between North Georgia and South Chicago.

Quick Reply: Free Car Washes (the free dealer gift