Old 08-19-06, 10:47 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus..Reliable? Not quite

I got up today with 20 mins left to make it to the bank..I got
into the car and found it completely powerless.. I doubt I left anything
on and even if I did, the car has a little over 2000 miles on it, the battery
should still be fresh enough to have something left on for only 6-7 hrs..
So now I'm stuck with no cash for the weekend.. lol Roadside assistance is on the way.. I hope it's just a "Dead battery"..
Old 08-19-06, 10:54 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

did you leave your headlights on ON instead of Auto? I almost did that once good thing I went back to check.
Old 08-19-06, 10:58 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ba-b4
did you leave your headlights on ON instead of Auto? I almost did that once good thing I went back to check.
Thats the first thing i doubled checked,, nope
Old 08-19-06, 11:05 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

aftermarket HID install? Maybe one of the connections came off or something?
Old 08-19-06, 11:11 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

aftermarket HID install? Maybe one of the connections came off or something?
The car is all stock,the only thing that could of happened is that i must of left the ignition on the "on" setting, and maybe the fan was on..
Thanks for the suggestions..
Old 08-19-06, 12:06 PM
OK_Sooners
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesnt matter... I leave mine on "ON" all the time... I like the look of the HID over the regular daytime running lights... You can have the dealer set the time they turn off you like... I have mine set at 1min...

One thing that could have happend... If you did have them on "ON"... and you left a remote in the car... the lights stay on... Found out the hard way... went for a run... came back an hour later and the lights where still on... car started right up... but I learned something....
Old 08-19-06, 12:22 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Even if you leave it in 'ON'... the car will turn off the lights after a set time as kind of a failsafe to save battery. I've done that on accident and my car started fine afterwards.

You must have done something for it to drain the battery. Like they said, if you leave your keys in the car, the lights will stay on, or if you leave the door unlocked they will stay on... thats happened to me at the service dept, and they told me they will stay on.
Old 08-19-06, 12:30 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by inecstaz
Even if you leave it in 'ON'... the car will turn off the lights after a set time as kind of a failsafe to save battery. I've done that on accident and my car started fine afterwards.

You must have done something for it to drain the battery. Like they said, if you leave your keys in the car, the lights will stay on, or if you leave the door unlocked they will stay on... thats happened to me at the service dept, and they told me they will stay on.
the lights will stay on if you leave the door unlocked??? i leave my door unlocked when i park in the garage all the time...
Old 08-19-06, 12:33 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
the lights will stay on if you leave the door unlocked??? i leave my door unlocked when i park in the garage all the time...
they did when I was at the service dept, and I asked them.

Thats why I leave mine in auto, so no matter what, they'll turn off after 30 seconds. unless the key is left in the car, but that never happens.

I dont know why people would leave it in 'ON'... when we have an "auto" feature. I hate it when people have their lights FULL ON during the day... looks kind of weird. I like the look of the DRL instead.
Old 08-19-06, 12:36 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

The most most common thing I see and hear is that people don't fully close the doors....and the interior lights drain out the battery. i doubt it's reliability, more like owner error. Just because your battery drained out, doesn't mean it's bad reliability.
Old 08-19-06, 12:47 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

how can you say if the car is reliable yet if you dont know what the problem is if it is your fault or not?
Old 08-19-06, 12:50 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

thats why people should lock their doors no matter what. I even lock my doors in the garage, just in case someone crazy breaks in... (never happened, hopefully it wont in the future either). If a door isnt shut all the way, at least you'll know with that long as* annoying beep when you try to lock the doors.

I've driven off once, and the car was beeping and the dash said my trunk was open. Definitely weird, didnt think I opened it, but it was open. I like how the trunk stays down when you click to open it... that way if you accidentally push it, it will still stay down. Did you know the trunk button on the instrument panel still works while you're driving?! I've pushed it before in curiosity, and it opened!!! they need to have a cutoff when the car is moving or something.
Old 08-19-06, 12:58 PM
trocade
Driver School Candidate

Ok, so your battery is empty, that has nothing to do with the reability of the car in my opinion. If say 20% of all Lexus owners would come out and find the battery drained day after day, that would be a reability problem.

Even 1% would too much

Last edited by trocade; 08-19-06 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-19-06, 01:07 PM
bgarre
Driver

You should sell the car right away! Who knows, the terrible reliability may manifest itself in a blown lightbulb or something even worse..... JK keep it real.
Old 08-19-06, 01:09 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony1
I got up today with 20 mins left to make it to the bank..
Dude, what time do you get up, 5:40PM?

Quick Reply: Lexus..Reliable? Not quite