IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

all hid lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-06, 09:31 AM
fla350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all hid lights

Soon i will have all lights (low, high and fog) 6500k hid. My question is will i need something special for my car due to all the battery dranage, is there any complications i should worry about, having all my lights being hid.

the highs were not my doing, btw, it was an accident
Old 08-16-06, 09:37 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you for real? even the high beam go for HID... Just to let you know where there is raining you will need something with lower color temp (3000K~5000L) in order to have better view... the guy installing them told me so that's why I keeping the stock high beam...

As I know HIDs are 35W less than the original bulb which is 55W, only when HID strat required higher voltage for ignite... I have HIDs on my low beam and fog and everything seems ok for now(two weeks)...

Last edited by ISbb; 08-16-06 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-16-06, 09:37 AM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

i don't get why you want the high beams to be HID. i personally dont' think its worth spending 3 figures on lights you won't really use all the time at night. But to answer your question i doubt you will need anything because it uses stock harnses and i think it uses the same amount of power~ you should be more worried about where you're going to mount those ballasts. hah
Old 08-16-06, 09:45 AM
fla350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ihkskim
i don't get why you want the high beams to be HID. i personally dont' think its worth spending 3 figures on lights you won't really use all the time at night. But to answer your question i doubt you will need anything because it uses stock harnses and i think it uses the same amount of power~ you should be more worried about where you're going to mount those ballasts. hah
please in the future read my posts first, it was not my choice or fault about the high beam hid lights, it was a mistake on behalf of the installer, they were supposed to go into the fogs, but he ****ed up and put them in the highs. i got all my money back from the installation because of his blunder but it didnt make sense to rip the out and monut them inthe fogs, it would be easier to just get new fog hid's which is what i did, basically i saved enough on the install with having it be free so i was able to have all 3 lights hid, again not my 1st choice, so no more ?'s on the high hids kk

but it is fun to have 6 hid beams all going at the same time.
Old 08-16-06, 09:47 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ihkskim
you should be more worried about where you're going to mount those ballasts. hah
yeah...beside there are space right under the headlight set when I install my they took the front bumper off and take the headlights off too... It took them two hours since taking the bumper off and back on took times... The next time when they install my fog it much faster...
Old 08-16-06, 09:49 AM
fla350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISbb
yeah...beside there are space right under the headlight set when I install my they took the front bumper off and take the headlights off too... It took them two hours since taking the bumper off and back on took times... The next time when they install my fog it much faster...
dumb **** did the same to mine
Old 08-16-06, 09:49 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fla350
Yeah pls take some pics and show me...
Old 08-16-06, 10:21 AM
peatee07
Driver School Candidate

Default Lights

Yeah pls take some pics and show me...
I wanted to change the HID that my brother purchased from Lglights.com.......however, I was not able to connect the wires without cutting the stock wires. Do you know if you had to cut your stock wires? Also I wanted to know are the parking lights LED? Can I substitute them for hyper white bulbs sold at local autoshops?
Old 08-16-06, 10:31 AM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fla350
please in the future read my posts first, it was not my choice or fault about the high beam hid lights, it was a mistake on behalf of the installer, they were supposed to go into the fogs, but he ****ed up and put them in the highs. i got all my money back from the installation because of his blunder but it didnt make sense to rip the out and monut them inthe fogs, it would be easier to just get new fog hid's which is what i did, basically i saved enough on the install with having it be free so i was able to have all 3 lights hid, again not my 1st choice, so no more ?'s on the high hids kk

yeah i got that after i posted. . my bads... i was too lazy to revise it~
Old 08-16-06, 11:23 AM
StockIS350
Rookie

wow all hid, impressive, but how does that work

you have daytime running lights and a high beam flash does not allow the bulbs to warm up
Old 08-16-06, 11:27 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

How do the HID high beams affect the DRL?
Also, when you turn on your high beams, the fogs turn off.... Only 4 bulbs on at a time...
Old 08-16-06, 11:49 AM
flyfl1pguy

Geez ! ! That is going to be 1 bright IS. .
Old 08-16-06, 01:23 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Is your IS different than mine? Was there any reason to take off the bumper and headlights? I didn't have to take anything off when I installed mine.
Old 08-16-06, 10:34 PM
tbs2
Driver School Candidate

I'd take the high beam HID bulbs off if I were you.
Old 08-16-06, 10:40 PM
fla350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tbs2
I'd take the high beam HID bulbs off if I were you.
i could give 2 ****s if the bulbs in the hioghs are hid's if they burn out o well **** them, they were installed improper im not payin for them to be reinstalled plus im sure the fittment was stripped to make em work, i never use the high beam if it breaks o well, till then i have high beam hid's

Quick Reply: all hid lights