IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket subwoofer setup anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-06, 03:33 AM
richcrackr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket subwoofer setup anyone??

I'm looking for a little extra oomph with my NON-ml factor nav system in my 350...does anyone know of a custom enclosure that would fit in wheel well area or the spare tire well,i want to try and keep as much trunk space as possible. i got sick of not having a truck in my 300. everyone post your aftermarket setups w/ pics. give me some reccomendations guys. thanks in advance.

-steve
Old 08-10-06, 04:54 AM
cmusic
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do a search on my username and the word "basslink". There's plenty of thread on here that explain how to add aftermarket amps and speakers to the 2IS.
Old 08-10-06, 01:48 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

I"m thinking of another Bazoka tube for my 350. I have one now in my 300zx with a 200w amp. coming off an Alpine headunit and good speakers. That set up is great for me. I don't want bass that rattles my cage, just somthing that hits harder when it should. Say what you want about Bazoka tubes, in the 300zx it works real frakin' nice. And, I can take the thing out in two seconds if I need the room.

I don't know how this would sound in the IS beacuse of the rear seats and all. Anyone have any opinions?
Old 08-10-06, 04:55 PM
kashracing
Driver School Candidate

once i finish my install ill post some of my pics. I'll prolly finish it by tommarow. Im running a sony 12" xplod sub in a bandpass box powered by an alpine V650 amp and a 1.7 mill capasiter. All the wires are monster and you cant see any of them at all
Old 08-11-06, 07:37 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

We redid the trunk already.....used 2 tone suede and added the Eclipse EQ

I left as much trunk space as possible......and I still have the factory spare !!!!

Old 08-11-06, 07:45 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by golfproatl
I"m thinking of another Bazoka tube for my 350. I have one now in my 300zx with a 200w amp. coming off an Alpine headunit and good speakers. That set up is great for me. I don't want bass that rattles my cage, just somthing that hits harder when it should. Say what you want about Bazoka tubes, in the 300zx it works real frakin' nice. And, I can take the thing out in two seconds if I need the room.

I don't know how this would sound in the IS beacuse of the rear seats and all. Anyone have any opinions?
Many yrs ago i had a 1991 330zx tt, with a pair of 10" bazooka tubes in it.. Tons of bass but after i got rid of that 1991 then bought a 1994 300zx tt, and put a pair of 10" kicker solo barics in it, i realized what really nice "tight" bass was..

To the person with that sick system in their trunk, is that a trunk of an IS305?????
Old 08-11-06, 10:58 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
We redid the trunk already.....used 2 tone suede and added the Eclipse EQ

I left as much trunk space as possible......and I still have the factory spare !!!!

wow nice setup! but... how will you get your spare out? hahah
Old 08-11-06, 11:30 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
wow nice setup! but... how will you get your spare out? hahah

...... just pull up the red panel
Old 08-11-06, 12:36 PM
kashracing
Driver School Candidate

MrMark that setup is amazing did you do it your self or pay someone. Anyway that looks amazing. how much did it cost, if you dont mind me asking
Old 08-11-06, 12:52 PM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome MrMark! That should go in a magazine or somethin.
For me it is far too much...in $$$ and practicality.

I have 2 MTX 10'' subs 6000 series with 500 Watt Sony Explode Amp.
I already had the subs from previous ride, but the AMP was purchased online for $160.

With monster cables and installation at Circuit City, my total was $380 for AMP, cables and installation. Now this is practical for me...and it hits so so nice.
Old 08-11-06, 01:05 PM
kashracing
Driver School Candidate

mines the same way im finishing it up today after work and ill post some pics too. Mine is just a single 12" sony xplode sub with alpine 650 amp and a 1.7 mill capaciter with all monster cables and a switch so when i drive by cops i can turn the system off(or when i have a headache)
Old 08-11-06, 01:26 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kashracing
MrMark that setup is amazing did you do it your self or pay someone. Anyway that looks amazing. how much did it cost, if you dont mind me asking

The same guy who did my M45 trunk went and opened his own shop in Philly. We transplanted all the Eclipse stuff from my M when I got a new audio sponsor....

He charged me $1,200 for labor to do all the work.
Old 08-11-06, 01:32 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrMark
The same guy who did my M45 trunk went and opened his own shop in Philly. We transplanted all the Eclipse stuff from my M when I got a new audio sponsor....

He charged me $1,200 for labor to do all the work.

how much did your system cost total? and where exactly is your installer located?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
o and heres my system http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2146050

its 2 T2's in a compression case...the advatage of the compression case, is you get more sound, you have no rattles, its competition ready and it looks awesome, for my birthday, im covering it in black ostrich leather, it will look a little better than it does now...even though it looks really great in person...its pricey stuff though...
Old 08-11-06, 02:04 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by james6290
how much did your system cost total? and where exactly is your installer located?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
o and heres my system http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2146050

its 2 T2's in a compression case...the advatage of the compression case, is you get more sound, you have no rattles, its competition ready and it looks awesome, for my birthday, im covering it in black ostrich leather, it will look a little better than it does now...even though it looks really great in person...its pricey stuff though...

Both install shops are near Philly. Since all my gear is sponsored including wires and lighting, I only pay for labor. The M cost me $2k and the IS cost me $1.2k in labor and materials like fiberglass, plexi, etc....
Old 08-11-06, 02:43 PM
VaIS350
Driver School Candidate

Mine is FAAARRRR from anything above but it's functional and didn't breadk the bank
JL 500/1 pushing 2 JL10's

Quick Reply: Aftermarket subwoofer setup anyone??