IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How legit are these??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 05:50 PM
sdpq
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How legit are these??

i see these online on ebay.com, how legit are these and do you know the pros and cons of using this product, cuz i'm not sure about "vinyl", thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tail-...11993989QQrdZ1
Old 07-26-06, 06:05 PM
mofogasm
Pole Position

vinyl is what they are made out of. if you do a search for rvinyl on ebay you will find a powerseller who sells these but they aren't precut, you will have to cut them yourself. another option is to go to order some from aerotect which are precut for you. from pictures i have seen it seems like the rvinyl is closer to the stock color as opposed to aerotect but i have never seen an aerotect one in person. I have the rvinyl one on my car and it's
Old 07-26-06, 06:10 PM
RCPiercy
Driver

Am I the only one who actually likes the amber signals?
Old 07-26-06, 06:22 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that seller probably ordered a roll of the redout from rvinyl n cut a bunch of em out n is selling em on ebay. i have sooo much leftover redout material even though i ordered the smallest roll from rvinyl...
Old 07-26-06, 06:23 PM
cmusic
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the amber signal lights.
Old 07-26-06, 06:39 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

I don't mind the amber turn signals.... I'm good wither way...
Old 07-26-06, 06:43 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up a roll of this vinyl from rvinyl.com. I got the smallest roll and still have enough to red out 2, maybe 3 more cars.
Old 07-27-06, 01:34 AM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
that seller probably ordered a roll of the redout from rvinyl n cut a bunch of em out n is selling em on ebay. i have sooo much leftover redout material even though i ordered the smallest roll from rvinyl...
oh dang, i order the second smallest roll. guess i'll have even more left overs.
Old 07-27-06, 05:24 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RCPiercy
No, I like the amber signals as well!
Old 07-27-06, 05:44 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope, I like them too. It breaks things up nicely, and if I ever were to change it, I would consider doing clear (or photoshoping to see how it looks).
Old 07-27-06, 08:12 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by islandsnow
oh dang, i order the second smallest roll. guess i'll have even more left overs.
you can always do what that guy did and ebay your leftovers hahah
Old 07-27-06, 08:57 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
Nope, I like them too. It breaks things up nicely, and if I ever were to change it, I would consider doing clear (or photoshoping to see how it looks).
\
I agree. The silver/grayed out look on the Lexus Rx SUV/ Bimmer sport looks awesome. If i could find it, it probably would be something I would order. Not Altezza though...2is too luxurious.

Rvinyl red-outs had been on my car for two months before I realized that I only made the mod because, Okay I liked them a little, but everyone else was doing it to 2IS.

RCPearce...I actually rode for the past week with one side having the red-out and the other amber, IMO Looks pretty sporty like this, asking folks at work, around town what they thought. The overwhelming response was for the Ambers. If you just put it on one side and then turn on your harzard lights, it will give you good perception...You will see that the Amber is brighter and signifies a signal better IMO.

So I still have a half roll of red-out in my junk bin. Sometimes the best MOD is no MOD.
Old 07-27-06, 09:05 AM
jasoncd
Pole Position

Nope Actually I think all cars should be required to have amber for safety issues. If I see amber I know for certain the car is signaling. Red means it takes more time to figure it out, esp. if you can't see the other side of the car. That's a split second that can cost you. This is esp. problematic when a car has only one functioning brake light (it happens alot). Ok, off my soapbox now.
Old 07-27-06, 09:29 AM
phatboyc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jasoncd
If I see amber I know for certain the car is signaling. Red means it takes more time to figure it out, esp. if you can't see the other side of the car. That's a split second that can cost you.
I agree. If a mod is going to affect other peoples security than I am against it. I'm not impress with the DRL removal mod. Hope I didn't start anything by saying this. Not my intention.
Old 07-27-06, 09:58 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Ditto and triple that!

Safety especially with an aging population, as seen on an NBC special on dangers of older drivers, should be the top concern. Although gray/silver is really clean.

As for the DRL, I have read threads about this before and it was debated well.

my2cents: The DRL for Lexus is so Lexus. Just a week or so ago I saw a 3rd gen GS coming up from behind me in the bright sun, with the DRL lights on and it was so sick. I knew it was part of the family before he was even that close. It is respect from a distance IMO. Other DRL from other cars do not look as good as Lexus, so I think it really sets us apart from the looksy standpoint.

Ok not going to rant here, but the added safety has been noted and is pretty obvious. I am a big fan of DRL, I had never had them on any previous vehicle so I was really excited when I had the chance to turn them on. They still are great!

Quick Reply: How legit are these??