IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

AeroTect is now offering full hood protection.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 01:19 AM
flyfl1pguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ lot of $$$$ . Must be the same cost of painting the car. . .
Old 08-06-06, 02:15 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

I'll try and get some pic of the hood protected. There is still a one inch distance to cover the ENTIRE hood... but it looks as if the hood should have the line there. Instead of having the clearbra line in the middle of the hood, it's at the end.

Everything went smoothly and I would like to thank Francisco & staff for helping me out. Price was fair, and service was good.

Another IS350 Silver dropped off his car to get the same thing done so maybe he can take pix also to show you the difference (if any) between a GFM and Silver with the full hood protection.
Old 08-06-06, 02:30 PM
JasonC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
damn how much do you think it'll cost to clear bra an entire car???
Check out Premier. www.premiermobilegroup.com. They have been doing whole hoods and entire cars for years.
Old 08-07-06, 12:41 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Full car? Premier does that. It's around the ball park of $10K I think.

Outlaw, hey! Did I see you Saturday afternoon on Atlantic just by the 10 freeway underpass?
Old 08-07-06, 03:35 AM
jezza
Driver

Originally Posted by jewel
you have no idea how paranoid i am about people keying my car...
it's happened to all of my cars + my parents cars because the people we work with are asses

just you wait javy, in a few weeks i'll be making a thread about people keying my car...
You realize that the clear bra isn't going to stop a person determined to key your car, right? It might make it slightly harder, but not terribly so. The bra isn't designed to deflect sharp objects weilded by vandals...
Old 08-07-06, 08:39 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pocky
Full car? Premier does that. It's around the ball park of $10K I think.

Outlaw, hey! Did I see you Saturday afternoon on Atlantic just by the 10 freeway underpass?
Maybe... I was all over the place on Saturday around this area. That means I gotta make my car stand out a bit more so you will know which GFM out of the 10s and thousands are in the San Gabriel Valley... so many of us
Old 08-07-06, 12:35 PM
jsteinwald
Rookie

Has anyone used Premier Mobile Group for a clearbra install? How does it compare to AeroTect? Premier says that for $1080, they will clearbra an IS350 black exterior with aviation-grade clear bra that is supposed to be clearer and look better. This also includes the full hood, bumbers, exterior mirrors and quarter panels up to 24". I can wrap the entire quarter panel and have a totally seamless installation for $1760... no lines.

So, again, is it worth it? How does this compare to what Aerotect can do? Are people happy with their Aerotect installs?

With Premier, since I am based in Los Angeles, I will have to wait a few weeks for them to do a road trip down here to do the install.

Thanks for your help. I just purchased the following on Saturday night and want to protect my new baby...

-Josh
Old 08-07-06, 06:34 PM
EmRos
Rookie

Originally Posted by jsteinwald
Has anyone used Premier Mobile Group for a clearbra install? How does it compare to AeroTect? Premier says that for $1080, they will clearbra an IS350 black exterior with aviation-grade clear bra that is supposed to be clearer and look better. This also includes the full hood, bumbers, exterior mirrors and quarter panels up to 24". I can wrap the entire quarter panel and have a totally seamless installation for $1760... no lines.

So, again, is it worth it? How does this compare to what Aerotect can do? Are people happy with their Aerotect installs?

With Premier, since I am based in Los Angeles, I will have to wait a few weeks for them to do a road trip down here to do the install.

Thanks for your help. I just purchased the following on Saturday night and want to protect my new baby...

-Josh
Josh,....before I had my clear bra done, several CL members were gracious enough to show me their clear bras from both outfits. I have seen work by both and here is my accessment:

As far as the pre-cut kits are concerned, from what I've seen, Premier has a slight edge because the bra looks a bit clearer, without lines and such. But Aeroshield is cheaper in price. Both do good work though.

As far as custom work is concerned, there is no doubt that Premier does work that is second to none. This was the primary reason I went with Premier. When I saw how seamless and clean their custom installations were, there was no doubt in my mind who I'd choose.

So I'd say depending on how picky you are about seams, rock chips, and such,...that'll determine who you should go with. A lot of installers I've spoken with before claim that they did custom work as well, but from seeing the results in person, there is no comparison. Also Premier is slightly more expensive, but you get what you pay for IMO.