IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Deals at Servco Lexus (Question for the owners in the 808 state)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-06, 02:04 AM
seolstyle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deals at Servco Lexus (Question for the owners in the 808 state)

Hey guys, I'm in the process of possibly dealing for a IS250 RWD 6mt or auto. I was just wondering what packages you got and the price you were able to get it for. My salesperson is Bruce, did anyone else have him? Also any tips on dealing with them will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-19-06, 12:59 PM
Brainyact
Driver School Candidate

In servco lexus maui, i got my is250 for 35 with 500 discount. I dont remember what pakage but it included 18" rims and parking assist.
Old 07-19-06, 03:35 PM
nois3504me
Rookie

I had to pay MSRP. There was someone who posted here who actually got some discount from the dealer, so you might want to search for the thread.

good luck!
Old 07-19-06, 04:47 PM
QSVeilside
Rookie

On the 350's, Servco won't budge. The 250's are negotiable and Bruce will tell you this. My family and I have worked with Bruce on three cars since 2000. He's a good guy.

You might want to check out some mainland dealers. Some will give you 3g's + off MSRP, and claim that you will get taxed in the state the car is registered. Shipping according to Matson is $850. As I mentioned in a previous post, I used actual quotes and Matson's shipping price as leverage to get a discount on my 350.

Good luck with your purchase.
Old 07-19-06, 05:04 PM
genix
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by QSVeilside
On the 350's, Servco won't budge. The 250's are negotiable and Bruce will tell you this. My family and I have worked with Bruce on three cars since 2000. He's a good guy.

You might want to check out some mainland dealers. Some will give you 3g's + off MSRP, and claim that you will get taxed in the state the car is registered. Shipping according to Matson is $850. As I mentioned in a previous post, I used actual quotes and Matson's shipping price as leverage to get a discount on my 350.

Good luck with your purchase.

You cannot ship a lexus or toyota from the mainland. Servco has exclusivity
Old 07-19-06, 06:35 PM
Heltah
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by genix
Um yea you can! Purchase it in the Mainland. Ship it down.
Old 07-19-06, 08:09 PM
QSVeilside
Rookie

Originally Posted by genix
Ooooh they got you good buddy...

Just to clarify what Heltah means...

You can:

Purchase the car from a mainland dealership, ship it down for $850, and have SERVCO service it for you. Think about it... You could potentially be one of the first in Hawaii to have a navigation touch screen and reverse camera in your IS for peanuts more, (dealers are very willing to work with you on the mainland due to the competition), than what you would pay for the same vehicle without those features because of Servco's monopoly here. Too bad navi doesn't work here.

You cannot:

Purchase a mainland lexus by going through SERVCO... ie. Walk in the door and say... "Hi. I'd like to purchase the white IS350 with navigation located in LA at this such and such dealership." They'll tell you to call that dealership.
Old 07-19-06, 10:05 PM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by Heltah
Um yea you can! Purchase it in the Mainland. Ship it down.

you must have gotten lucky because i called an oregon dealer and as soon as i said i am from hawaii, he said that there are agreements between the dealers that no one will ship to hawaii because servco has exclusivity in hawaii. of course its just an agreement so i guess another dealer could still technically sell it to you and ship it over without servco knowing. but if servco should find out, i'm sure there are consequences for that dealer.

besides, you might not get the same servicing you do if you bought the car from elsewhere no? i could be wrong. do you get the 5000 mile servicing? or the free safety checks? and wouldn't you get taxed on the mainland, and then taxed again when you register your car here? i heard the fees are huge when you try to register a car purchased out of state. again, i could be wrong though. since you actually purchased yours from the mainland and brought it over here, maybe you could fill in the details of your experiences.

oh, i got a grand off on my deal for the is250, fully loaded with all the options available.

Last edited by islandsnow; 07-19-06 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-19-06, 10:14 PM
QSVeilside
Rookie

Island,

There are MANY dealerships that are more than willing to take your money and ship your car half way across the world.

I called at least three dealerships willing to do this on the "official discount off MSRP thread."

Someone up in the ranks at Servco had told me that they will not give the free services you get when you purchase a car through them, but they will service the car. Why? You know how small Hawaii is... It's good for business.
Old 07-19-06, 10:47 PM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by QSVeilside
Island,

There are MANY dealerships that are more than willing to take your money and ship your car half way across the world.

I called at least three dealerships willing to do this on the "official discount off MSRP thread."

Someone up in the ranks at Servco had told me that they will not give the free services you get when you purchase a car through them, but they will service the car. Why? You know how small Hawaii is... It's good for business.
ah ok, i guess you have to keep calling and find the right dealership. good to know for next time. all i did was call one place in oregon, because no sales tax
Old 07-19-06, 11:25 PM
Heltah
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by islandsnow
ah ok, i guess you have to keep calling and find the right dealership. good to know for next time. all i did was call one place in oregon, because no sales tax
Dood-Vegas, cheap to fly there, quicky vacation, buy a car, nice long drive (like you cant get in HI) to LA docks/Matson, fly home and wait. Although thats a looooong drive sticking to the break-in. There may be another Matson port closer to Vegas (north) but I drove to LA.

Ive done it before..not a Toyota or Lexus

BTW Vegas and Arizona are great places to buy old cars

Last edited by Heltah; 07-19-06 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-20-06, 12:07 AM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by Heltah
Ive done it before..not a Toyota or Lexus

BTW Vegas and Arizona are great places to buy old cars

let me know when you buy a lexus up there and bring it back

but i like the idea about a vacation in vegas
Old 07-20-06, 03:25 AM
sir_ian80
Rookie

wazzup guys!!!!......I got same problem here.......been wanting to buy an is350 with the luxury package, navigation/ml package also. Ive been talked to the internet sales at Lexus of Las Vegas and they are willing to give me $2500 off msrp. Im gonna go there in Sept. and maybe when im there I can deal with them with a higher discount.