IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lighting mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-09, 09:32 PM
gotis1000
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

having dealt with a couple of companies, i would say go to v-leds. very good communication service shipping etc.

i would not deal with xenondepot/kbcarstuff. it's always a warning when a company goes by more than one name. i ordered stuff 1 week ago, no contact, no shipping, still processing, etc...

go to v-leds website and search 921 and it will show you several. i just got some from them but haven't installed yet, but i've installed a few other of their lights and they work great. it looks like they are updating most of their products to 0.5 w LEDs but they still have the older products with dimmer leds.
Old 12-29-09, 11:47 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gotis1000
having dealt with a couple of companies, i would say go to v-leds. very good communication service shipping etc.

i would not deal with xenondepot/kbcarstuff. it's always a warning when a company goes by more than one name. i ordered stuff 1 week ago, no contact, no shipping, still processing, etc...

go to v-leds website and search 921 and it will show you several. i just got some from them but haven't installed yet, but i've installed a few other of their lights and they work great. it looks like they are updating most of their products to 0.5 w LEDs but they still have the older products with dimmer leds.
you do realize it was christmas and a lot of people have been on vacation/stores closed, right?

I, along with many many people on this forum(outside the forum too) can vouch for steve and xenondepot. pm steve, he usually replies pretty quickly.
Old 12-29-09, 12:08 PM
gotis1000
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jetfire
you do realize it was christmas and a lot of people have been on vacation/stores closed, right?

I, along with many many people on this forum(outside the forum too) can vouch for steve and xenondepot. pm steve, he usually replies pretty quickly.
Well definitely certain stores close down over the holidays. I've PM'd steve in the past too and i usually get a quick response as well, but the difference between good and bad business in my opinion is consistent and predictable service.

I ordered several days in advance of the holidays, was given no warning about anything being shut down over the holidays, and even now my order is still "being processed". My experience may be unique but I think it qualifies as an example of bad service. I contrast that experience with my recent purchase from v-leds and heck even from Amazon (I ordered putco 194 360s off of Amazon for cheaper than at kbcarstuff/xenondepot and with 1 day shipping.. both companies processed and shipped order in under 24 hours... similar good experience with HID extra).

I'm sure they are friendly and great people but that doesn't equal good customer service. Online shopping involves a lot of trust and communication, and these experiences don't help.

EDIT: received full refund without questions from Steve. Wish it would have worked out but i guess it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited by gotis1000; 12-29-09 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-30-09, 01:09 PM
santacruz
Driver

Just replaced a bunch of my lights with some from v-leds. I'll take some pictures when it's darker out tonight but I am very happy so far! I replaced my interior with blue led's, puddle lights with the 4led flank bulb, and my city lights with white. Everything looks great! I originally planned on putting the white ones for the city lights in my reverse lights and a set of the UV(purple) in the headlights but one of the UV ones is busted so I have to get that straightened out. Sucks because of how much of a pain in the *** it is to replace the city lights. The passenger side is easy but damn, the drivers side is a ***** unless you have tiny little hands and some very small bright flashlights.
Old 12-30-09, 04:09 PM
OlivrTwizt
Driver School Candidate

I don't know if it's been done before, but I now have a dual-mode dome light setup in my 2IS using the stock bulb positions, and some LEDs from V-Leds.com

Basically, in the front dome light I have 2x high power white T10 bulbs on the outer holders, and in the middle, a high power blue blub.

In the rear, the forward bulb is a high power white festoon, and in the rear clip, a high power blue bulb.

Now, when I unlock the car using the remote fob or by waving my hand over the door handle, the interior is bathed in a subtle blue light, clearly visible from the outside. When the door is actually opened however, the interior changes to a bright white, and then when the doors are closed, it goes back to a nice blue.

It's still light outside so I'll try and snap a clip tonight, but in my garage it does look quite cool. If only they had some highpower purple LEDs, that'd be pimp!
Old 12-30-09, 09:56 PM
santacruz
Driver

^they do have purple, I had a set to put in but one was DOA so I have to wait for a replacement. VLED's btw was very prompt to respond to my email about the defective bulb and has already sent me out a replacement, same day that I got the original delivery. I think it's nice that they are actually going to send my replacement before they get the defective one back. Hard to get service like that anymore.

Last edited by santacruz; 12-30-09 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-30-09, 10:31 PM
OlivrTwizt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by santacruz
^they do have purple

They're not the highpower purple ones I'm after...
Old 01-03-10, 08:41 PM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought 5 LED panels from Nigel. I put 3 in the front, 2 in the rear. They are so damn bright it's crazy. When you open the door and the other 2 lights in the front come on, it is way way too bright. I have to remove 2 of the panels and replace them with smaller ones that I have.

I am amazed at how bright these panels are, it blindingly bright.
Old 01-05-10, 08:08 PM
mc501s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gotis1000

I am with you man. I put in the order on the 28th and still in process status. Got a reply back and said it is process by Putco. The web site clearly says ship within 24 to 48 hours. Hmmm?
Old 01-19-10, 12:20 AM
RickJames1
Lead Lap

ok well i need help now!! i took my mirror off and now i dont know how to pop it back on
Old 01-22-10, 03:10 PM
GoGators
Rookie

Just finished doing my puddle lights. LEDs look so good against Smokey Granite Mica! The mirror is easy, Look from underneath to find the top hooks, the support the white plastic thingy from behind with your index finger and press each clip with your thumb. It takes way more force to clip it in than the plastic gears can resist against back driving. Hope you haven't been driving with your mirrors hanging off for 3 days!!!
Old 01-26-10, 08:04 AM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Does anyone know anything about these led interior bulbs from Sewell? Comes with the clear door lens also for $98. I was thinking about getting these and was wondering.

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par....asp?id=203788
Old 01-26-10, 11:36 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

^^ not too bad of a deal. the clear side markers are 15 bucks each alone... if you order everything separately and order off v-led, you might be able to save yourself 20 bucks or so, but that will save you the hassle.
Old 01-26-10, 11:38 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RickJames1
ok well i need help now!! i took my mirror off and now i dont know how to pop it back on

you have to push it pretty hard. look at the back of the mirror, see the clips, look at where your putting the mirror back on, and see where the clips go, and try and wedge it on .it'll make cracking noises but your not breaking it
Old 02-25-10, 09:15 PM
rtk126
Driver School Candidate

Okay heres a question for anyone who can help me out - I just did the puddle lamp mod a few days ago. I went with blue wedge LED's from V-LED. They look perfect, especially how they match the scuff plates. The problem: Before the mod, the side view mirrors would tilt down whenever the car was in reverse (for visibility). Since I installed the LED's, it doesn't do that anymore :-(

Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.