IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2IS Sunshield Recommendation (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 08:21 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered my heatshield......will be great considering I park outside 100% of the time.....
Old 02-24-06, 05:58 PM
Scooter24
Rookie

Default IS Custom Sun Shade

Has anyone purchased a custom front sun shade for their IS yet? I am looking for something cut to the size of the front window. I am also thinking about getting one for the rear window as well.

I saw a thread regarding this a while back, but can't seem to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks !
Old 02-24-06, 06:10 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think if you do a search its in another thread somewhere.... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=sunshade
Old 02-24-06, 06:24 PM
menech
Lead Lap

My dealer gave me a Heatshield brand sunshade when I bought my IS, fits perfectly. Might want to try your local lexus dealer? I believe they retailed for $30-35.

It's just a standard sun shade, no logo or anything but it keeps the car nice and cool and saves my black dash

hope that helps.
Old 02-24-06, 06:25 PM
Scooter24
Rookie

thanks !! greatly appreciate the help
Old 02-24-06, 06:25 PM
cdeeznuts
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

snapped a couple pics for you.

Old 02-24-06, 06:56 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scooter24
Has anyone purchased a custom front sun shade for their IS yet? I am looking for something cut to the size of the front window. I am also thinking about getting one for the rear window as well.

I saw a thread regarding this a while back, but can't seem to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks !

Wow, I guess you need that in Arizona, no doubt. BTW, don't you have the rear sunshine in your car?
Old 02-24-06, 06:58 PM
MR LEX
Pit Crew

Just ordered my HeatShield as well.

Thanks for the info!!

Lex
Old 02-24-06, 08:14 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

check out this website:

www.canvasworks.com

They make custom fit heatshields for the IS. They go for $34.95.
Old 02-25-06, 12:27 AM
Scooter24
Rookie

Originally Posted by kensteele
Wow, I guess you need that in Arizona, no doubt. BTW, don't you have the rear sunshine in your car?

Yes, It is a must in AZ starting in about April. It isn't bad yet.

No - I don't have the auto rear sunshade. Got the windows tinted as dark as legally possible though. I have a house and there is a covered garage where I work so most of the time I will be ok which is why I opted for the black on black color combo. It will get hot, but I love how it looks.
Old 02-25-06, 09:07 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Scooter24
Yes, It is a must in AZ starting in about April. It isn't bad yet.

No - I don't have the auto rear sunshade. Got the windows tinted as dark as legally possible though. I have a house and there is a covered garage where I work so most of the time I will be ok which is why I opted for the black on black color combo. It will get hot, but I love how it looks.
yes i have black on black too and i'm willing to trade off the add'l heat for the great looks. the lux pkg has a rear sunshade so i'll need th front sunshade also. heat doesn't come here until may or june so i'll wait to see if there is a lexus-branded sunshade available some place.
Old 03-27-06, 05:16 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

My sunshield from Canvasworks.com was just delivered by UPS and it fits perfectly. I knew it would as I had one for my IS300 from them also and it stayed like new forever.

For some reason the dealers are having a problem ordering them. Don't know who they use but ironically my dealer just happened to call me about 15 minutes ago to say that they still haven't gotten them in. He's tried to get one since the end of Feb. I said don't bother getting me one now mine just arrived and I ordered it a week ago.
Old 04-21-06, 03:56 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

I picked one up today (literally, I did will call :P). Fits perfectly. I don't even need to flip down my visors if I don't want to. Combined with my V-Kool tint, I should be good to go.
Old 04-21-06, 04:25 PM
Jhoo
Rookie

Great reminder, thank you for bringing this up. I just ordered mine.
Old 06-22-06, 11:07 AM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Default 2IS Sunshield Recommendation (merged threads)

I've bought two heatshields from Canvasworks now. One in April and one just yesterday. Both for the ISx50. I liked the first one, it fit perfectly inside the pillars, against the windshield. Then I gave it to my friend (her car was shipping off sooner than canvasworks could make one) and bought myself the same heatshield again. Now the heatshield covers the A-pillars and into the headliner. Essentially it seems too wide and too tall, but they say that they changed the pattern because a customer asked for it. Since it's bigger now, I can't just slide it behind the windshield like I used to.

Anyone else have the "new" heatshield? How do you like it? For me, it pooches out a little bit in the middle and I have to center it and position it perfectly (it seems). With the old one, it pretty much only fit one way. Since they've changed the pattern and won't change back, I'm wondering if I should:

a.) Return it for a refund and buy a sunshade from elsewhere
b.) Suck it up and deal with the hassle of the larger size (which they say performs better)
c.) Trade with someone who has the older pattern.

The old heatshield fit right against the windshield, so I guess it might leave minute gaps around the edges of the windshield that the new heatshield wouldn't, but the new windshield definitely doesn't look as nice from the inside or outside since it pooches out in the middle. Performance vs. Aesthetics is what they said...

Quick Reply: 2IS Sunshield Recommendation (merged threads)