IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HomeLink Garage Door Programming Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-06, 04:47 AM
roubaixpro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HomeLink Garage Door Programming Problem

I just bought the IS 350 and have problems trying to program my garage door opener with the HomeLink Visor. I have a Liftmaster 1280R Security+ garage door opener with rolling codes.

I followed the instructions for programming the garage door as noted in the link below several times with no success. Are people having problems or success with programming their Liftmaster Security+ garage door openers? Is there something in the instructions that are missing?

http://www.homelink.com/training/train.taf?do=3
Old 07-15-06, 05:20 AM
PinoyBruin
Driver

Are you holding the button you want to program on the lexus and then just pushing the transmit or training button on the actual garage door machinery? You might need two people to do this because in my case I had to do this.
Old 07-15-06, 06:02 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

seems to be a common occurrence. I algo had difficulties with my Liftmaster (though didn't have issue when I did my Acura and Infiniti), but got it to work after reprogramming/initializing the garage opener motor unit (follow the manufacturer's instruction on clearing the memory in the motor/receiver unit before you program the car's remote). It takes only one person to do it--just push the button within 30 sec.
Old 07-15-06, 06:46 AM
jezza
Driver

There's a section in the manual regarding programming for an opener that uses rolling codes... might be worth reading.
Old 07-15-06, 06:58 AM
redcell
Driver

I had the same trouble too. I don't think I got it until I read that the engine should be on and in park when you do the programming, if I remember correctly. GL.
Old 07-15-06, 07:29 AM
VitB6
Pole Position

My gargage door worked fine but I still cant get the Homelink to work with the rolling code of the gate to my development.
Old 07-15-06, 07:41 AM
yov6cam
Driver

Originally Posted by redcell
I had the same trouble too. I don't think I got it until I read that the engine should be on and in park when you do the programming, if I remember correctly. GL.
yyea, make sure its on
Old 07-15-06, 10:24 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i also had trouble programming my homelink even after following the instructions in the manual and on the homelink website. i finally got it to work after following the instructions posted in another thread. try these instructions (courtesy of tim817):

Here is the detail instruction that I got from my Lexus dealer:
PROGRAMMING YOUR GARAGE DOOR OPENER
1-800-355-3515 – Homelink Help Center

Park your vehicle outside the garage with the engine running.
Open the garage door using the existing remote.
Position a stepladder or stool beneath the garage door opener unit.
Look on the back of the unit to see of there is a button (usually red, sometimes black) labeled ‘train’ – ‘learn’ – ‘code’ – or something similar.
If you have this button, DON’T PUSH IT NOW!!
If you don’t have this button, skip to SECTION TWO.
Return to the vehicle and close the garage door using the existing remote.
Locate the Homelink buttons in your vehicle…there are three buttons with a small Homelink ‘house’ icon usually located next to the sunroof controls.
Push the outer two buttons at the same time, and hold them until the light in the Homelink icon begins to blink rapidly…usually about 20 seconds. This will clear the system and set it up to accept new commands. (NOTE: The garage door should be closed at this point)
Choose which button you want to program, and push and hold it down. At the same time, push and hold down the button on the existing remote, beaming it at the button you are holding down. The light in the Homelink icon will blink slowly at first and then rapidly…this lets you know that the button is programmed, and you can let go of both. (NOTE: The garage door should now be open, allowing you to enter the garage)
Now, push the red/black button on the garage door opener unit in the garage…an indicator light should begin blinking on the back of the unit.
Quickly return to the vehicle…you have about 30 seconds to complete this next step.
Repeatedly push and release the button you programmed until the garage door begins to close…usually no more than ten times. Let the door close.
Congratulations!!! You have just successfully programmed your opener!!! To test, push the programmed button on the Homelink and the door should open. Repeat as required to program your remaining garage doors or gate.

SECTION TWO

Return to the vehicle and close the garage door using the existing remote.
Locate the Homelink buttons in your vehicle…there are three buttons with a small Homelink ‘house’ icon usually located next to the sunroof controls.
Push the outer two buttons at the same time, and hold them until the light in the Homelink icon begins to blink rapidly…usually about 20 seconds. This will clear the system and set it up to accept new commands. (NOTE: The garage door should be closed at this point)
Choose which button you want to program, and push and hold it down. At the same time, push and hold down the button on the existing remote, beaming it at the button you are holding down, which will open the garage door. The light in the Homelink icon will blink slowly at first and then rapidly…this lets you know that the button is programmed, and you can let go of both.
Congratulations!!! You have just successfully programmed your opener!!! To test, push the programmed button on the Homelink and the door should close. Repeat as required to program your remaining garage doors or gate.

oh yeah, i didn't have to do section 2...
Old 07-15-06, 11:41 AM
sashax415
Pole Position

also, my garage door doesn't open right away when i push the button. I need to hold it down for a second or two.
Old 07-15-06, 04:15 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

I have a Liftmaster 1/2hp garage door opener w/rolling codes.
I followed the instructions as printed in the manual and it works fine.
Did you locate the 'learn' button on your opener ? This is key, w/out the learn button the homelink won't sync up with the rolling codes. Good luck.
Old 07-15-06, 06:01 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Programmed my Liftmaster last night with no problem. We keep three cars in the garage, so I've had a lot of practice and don't even look at the manual anymore.

You DO have to hold the button for a second when opening or closing the door ... the Homelink transmitter has to fire a series of codes to the opener. Just push and hold it until the door starts to move and let it go.
Old 07-15-06, 09:12 PM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

I've had difficultly with this too. We have 3 cars opening the same door, so it's a pain because resetting the garage door opener itself results in resetting all the homelinks on each car