IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Clearing up

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06, 01:31 PM
dana_daen
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearing up

Theres seems to be a lot of focus on the fact that this car has so much VDIM etc. With VDIM etc this car IS350 does 0-60 in approx. 6 seconds....true with the VDIM.

Also if I'm at a red light and I wanna floor it, is the VDIM etc gonna stop me?? If I wanna race some kid is the VDIM gonna hold me back?? Can someone please clarify this for me, cause I'm about to drop a down payment on an IS350 and just wanna make sure.
Old 07-14-06, 02:15 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Originally Posted by dana_daen
Also if I'm at a red light and I wanna floor it, is the VDIM etc gonna stop me?? If I wanna race some kid is the VDIM gonna hold me back?? Can someone please clarify this for me, cause I'm about to drop a down payment on an IS350 and just wanna make sure.
Yes, the VDIM is a feature that is put in place by the "parents of america" association so that their kids will not street race in their ISes. It sends an electronic signal to slam on your brakes when you decide to floor the throttle...very effective.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist... I mean c'mon, is this a real question?
Old 07-14-06, 03:03 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

dana please don't buy an is350, you are obviously to retarded to drive it. if you wanna race some kid just go ahead and do me a favor and put yourself in the grave
Old 07-14-06, 03:14 PM
sashax415
Pole Position

To answer your question... VDIM is not going to hold you back too much especially in a straight line, however, there is a way to turn it off completely. Just do a quick search..
Old 07-14-06, 03:48 PM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres seems to be a lot of focus on the fact that this car has so much VDIM etc. With VDIM etc this car IS350 does 0-60 in approx. 6 seconds....true with the VDIM.

Supposedly (don't know if it's been debunked yet) but the '07 model is going to have a VSC disable switch. And just to clarify, I don't think the "pedal dance" disables VDIM as much as it disables VSC. Don't anyone post their little quips about this.... there's more than one thread about the difference between the two and whether or not VDIM is disabled.
Old 07-14-06, 04:32 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Try about 5.3 on average. Car and Driver got 5.1, and that was before the pedal dance sequence was known.
Old 07-14-06, 06:11 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by uschardcor
dana please don't buy an is350, you are obviously to retarded to drive it. if you wanna race some kid just go ahead and do me a favor and put yourself in the grave
I fully second this comment. While it is harsh, it is to the point. If you are planning to buy a car based on its street racing performance, dont waste your money on such an expensive car. Go buy something cheaper, so when you crash, it costs less to replace.
Old 07-14-06, 10:05 PM
dana_daen
Driver

Originally Posted by [B
uschardcor[/B]]dana please don't buy an is350, you are obviously to retarded to drive it. if you wanna race some kid just go ahead and do me a favor and put yourself in the grave
This specific car fits under the category of "sport sedan" . Just wanted clarification on the limitations that the VSC and VDIM impose on this vehicle, not to say I'm gonna take a $60.000 automobile and take chances with it. But if I feel the need or desire to accelerate, I should be aware of how the car operates as well as its limitations. If certain individuals feel that "racing" or stomping on the accelerator to overtake someone is a retarted manuver.......well your entititled to your own fragile opinion. You should have bought a civic, cause with 306 horses I'm sure you catch yourself thinking or even stomping just as hard on that gas pedal...........you foolish idiot.
Old 07-17-06, 08:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by uschardcor
it is only obvious to me that you have no idea how to respect people and don't listen to warnings. if you wanna come back to clublexus please do me a favor and read and follow all rules after you come back in 7 days.

this type of language will NOT be tolerated here on clublexus at all.
Old 07-17-06, 04:57 PM
dana_daen
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
it is only obvious to me that you have no idea how to respect people and don't listen to warnings. if you wanna come back to clublexus please do me a favor and read and follow all rules after you come back in 7 days.

this type of language will NOT be tolerated here on clublexus at all.
word