IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I can't decide if I like BWB (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06, 05:10 AM
brentweiss
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bwb.......

what does everyone think about breakwater blue with black leather? i think personally the light color would look better but i hate the way it looks when it gets dirty......opinions?
Old 07-14-06, 05:41 AM
mariabee
Driver School Candidate

I have a BWB with black interior, and I think it looks pretty sharp. I always thought the lighter exterior colors were kind of "oldperson-ish", and I always had a navy blue car up until now, but dark colors seem really hard to keep looking good, IMO. So I went with a lighter color. I don't have a garage, but I can't say it looks bad at all. And everyone has told me the color was a great choice!
Old 07-14-06, 06:09 AM
IS-Jim
Driver

I think black interior goes good with pretty much any color. BWB was my favorite after Tungsten.
Old 07-14-06, 09:16 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got that combo, and I love it!

I have no trouble with the temp of the cabin on sunny days, and it always looks clean.
Old 07-17-06, 06:39 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Default pic

i'm on order for a BWB/BBM. i like it, i think it suits the body styling well. i hear it stays nice even when dirty, a plus here in socal with all the soot. here's a pic of a 250 with nav at the dealership, angle shows some shadows and highlights to get an idea of how the color can "change". hope this helps.

Last edited by hapaboy; 10-30-06 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-17-06, 06:44 PM
paeko73
Pole Position

If "Brentweiss" is a male, then I'd suggest getting another color besides BWB. My saleperson told me that 95% of her customer who bought BWB were FEMALE. I myself ran into lots of BWB's on the street with female drivers too. If you worry about hiding the dirt, then get Glacier Frost like mine... I had to come close to the car to see the dirt.
Old 07-17-06, 07:39 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^ I don't see how a silver metalic blue is any less masculine than a pearly rainbow shade like Glacier Frost.

Brentweiss Don't let the haters discourage you on your color choice anyone who does just has masculinity issues. Breakwater is really an awesome color. I think the sterling interior would look nicer than the black though.
Old 07-17-06, 07:42 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a BWB 350 with the cashmere interior. The only thing that really gets dirty quick are the floor mats. I fixed that by getting some black mats. The light color interior is a little bit more on the up keep side of things, but hey, it just shows everyone how much TLC I put into by keeping her clean!

My last car (which I still have) was black on black, so I wanted something different.
Old 07-17-06, 07:44 PM
MattyL147
Driver

i dont think that it is any less masculine than any other color, but i feel as though its kinda "old person looking"...looks as though it should be on a cadillac or a buick or something...not the IS
Old 07-17-06, 07:58 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

BWB on black leather is PIMP. That's the color I would have gotten if I hadn't bought GFM on black.

Javier
Old 07-17-06, 09:27 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by paeko73
If "Brentweiss" is a male, then I'd suggest getting another color besides BWB. My saleperson told me that 95% of her customer who bought BWB were FEMALE. I myself ran into lots of BWB's on the street with female drivers too. If you worry about hiding the dirt, then get Glacier Frost like mine... I had to come close to the car to see the dirt.
I don't think BWB is a female color at all. My wife thinks the Glacier frost was more of a feme
color than the BWB.
Old 07-17-06, 09:47 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How could anyone (male or female) not love Breakwater Blue Pearl on this car!!

Just look at it !! Absolutely Stunning!!!

I "borrowed" this pic to illustrate what I mean. This car's owner is a Club Lexus member. I can't recall his name, but I hope he doesn't mind my using a photo of his gorgeous IS350 here. This car is,without a doubt, the hottest looking automobile I have EVER seen, and the BWB color is perfect, IMHO.......those polished aluminum wheels ain't too shabby either..lol

Last edited by Lexucan; 07-17-06 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-17-06, 11:08 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^ looks absolutely awesome! does he have the full kit on or just the front lip? can't really tell
Old 07-18-06, 05:53 AM
HoustonIS
Driver School Candidate

I have a BWB w/ cashmere interior. I don't know where in TX youre at, but it is impossible for me to keep it clean because I commute through the construction on I-10 here in Houston everyday. I wash it once a month at the most because of my busy schedule, and it still looks good. I think the color is one of those where dust is not quite so apparent due to it's neutral tones.

When I was purchasing, I was actually aiming for a CW but when I saw my baby sitting there in the showroom, it was love at first sight. And it is also not a color that *everybody* else has, I have yet to see another BWB IS here in Houston, so if you want to be different it is a great color to go with.

And the thing about masculinity, its true that women like the color more, but that just means more admiring looks when you cruise past or *roll up* to a place. Trust me, I'm a single guy in my early 20s and the attention that I get from some hunnies when they see what I drive and in this color is just off the hook.
Old 07-18-06, 06:36 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexucan
How could anyone (male or female) not love Breakwater Blue Pearl on this car!!

Just look at it !! Absolutely Stunning!!!
Even in that picture, I can't get excited about that color. It's just a subtle twist on the powder blue color that was standard issue for Grandmas and Grandpas the world over on their '80s vintage Caprices and Ford LTDs. No offense to the owner of that car, your wheels look awesome, just give them to me on a car painted something other than Breakwater Blue, Mystic Gold or Desert Sage.

Quick Reply: I can't decide if I like BWB (merged threads)