IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2nd trip to body shop since MAY!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06, 09:09 PM
Aclarke
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd trip to body shop since MAY!!!!!!!!

I can not believe this... earlier today I was leaving the local mall and sitting at a stop sign... immediately after stopping some dude in a Hyundai Tuscon decided to look to his left rather than look in front of him.... and you guessed it... SMACK! My bumper took a hard thump and I almost hit my head on the steering wheel... Amazingly, there was only a small indentation but plently of small scratches and paint damage along the bumper... the bottom of my trunk lid got a 1" scrape as well...

I realize that this $$$ will most likely be coming out of his pocket, but it still ticks me off that I had no control over my car's fate... I cant wait for Monday to get a good estimate of what will be needed to fix this stupid mess. \

Between this, and my car getting abused in a parking garage back in late April, I cant seem to win... no matter how well I take care of my 2IS, some other jerk screws it up... Anyone else have such bad luck???
Old 07-08-06, 09:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

don't just look at damage like that

very easily, the frame could be damaged. look at the gap between the rear doors and the rear quarter panels and see if they are still the same left and right. also look at the trunk lid, the gaps on both sides, are they the same.

regardless, the bumper looks ok but insde at leat the foam and such are gone already

sorry to hear that, but definitely get it checked out right
Old 07-08-06, 09:21 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation.

I hope that you get everything fixed soon. It's always difficult to see the damage; it reminds you of the accident constantly. Get it fixed and move on. Crap happens unfortunately...
Old 07-09-06, 05:37 AM
Aclarke
Driver

I moved on since I realize theres no way to prevent some dude from not watching where he is going... I have to check out all the gaps... since he had one of those small SUV's it looks like some part of his bumpt came over the top of my bumper and just nabbed the bottom of my trunk... leaving behind a decent scuff and pushing the driver side of the bumper slightly lower than the other side... that might be a big issue since whatever holding it in place might have become distorted.
Old 07-09-06, 05:39 AM
Aclarke
Driver

The only thing Im laughing about is that I was able to scare the hell out of a near 300 lb man when Im only like 150/160 tops hahaha... talk about an adrenaline rush! I felt like I could break through a wall with how angry I was initially
Old 07-09-06, 05:57 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow Clarke im sorry to hear what happened to you, there are alot of crazy drivers here in NYC as well. Anyway i know how you feel because 2 days after i got my car i parked it in a garage for about 2 hours, and i came back to my bumper with a huge dent in it. Apparently the attendent who moved my car backed it into another truck parked in there. It sucked!!!!! I had only had the car 2 days and had to bring it back to lex to have it fixed. Two weeks later i got it back, but it was such aggrevation Good Luck
Old 07-09-06, 06:30 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Wow Clarke im sorry to hear what happened to you, there are alot of crazy drivers here in NYC as well. Anyway i know how you feel because 2 days after i got my car i parked it in a garage for about 2 hours, and i came back to my bumper with a huge dent in it. Apparently the attendent who moved my car backed it into another truck parked in there. It sucked!!!!! I had only had the car 2 days and had to bring it back to lex to have it fixed. Two weeks later i got it back, but it was such aggrevation Good Luck

Hi dude. sorry to hear that. Did the parking lot take the responsbility to repair it? Also, how much did it cost to fix it?
Old 07-09-06, 01:53 PM
Aclarke
Driver

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Do you mind me asking how much it ran you to get it repaired?
I should be going for an estimate tomorrow so that maybe the guy who pegged me can just fork over the cash
Old 07-09-06, 03:15 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im so sorry to hear about that andrew! i know its such an inconvenience, but at least youre OK and lexy will be good as new in no time
Old 07-10-06, 03:23 AM
Aclarke
Driver

Thanks for the support Cathy--- like you said, at least it was only the car and nothing beyond that. I plan on going for an estimate during work sometime today, should be interesting to see what it will cost since I dont think that they can repair the bumper since its got 2 small creases. So I think i'll be in nee of a new bumper+paint(duh) and an alignment since my 2IS now veers to the right...
Old 07-10-06, 08:39 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It cost about 1800$ to get my entire bumper redone, but it was at the point where i was gonna bring a lawsuit up with the garage if they didnt claim responsibility. They finally did, and my Baby was back to new in about 2 weeks from lex.
Old 07-10-06, 08:54 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I'll have my stock bumpers available later this month....and I'm in NJ. If you can wait...I can also get it painted for a good price.

Mark
Old 07-10-06, 09:08 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
I'll have my stock bumpers available later this month....and I'm in NJ. If you can wait...I can also get it painted for a good price.

Mark
are you finally getting the element kit put on?? i cant wait to see it!! you should come out to the harrisburg meet on the 22nd
Old 07-10-06, 09:57 AM
Aclarke
Driver

about $975 for new bumper, paint, and alignment... sucks to be the guy that hit me.