IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: How many of you ISx50 owners got ML?
Yes I have ML.
61.46%
No I don't.
22.40%
I don't but wish I had gotten it.
16.15%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

How many ISx50 owners got ML?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-06, 06:58 PM
cdeslandes
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I specifically ordered NAV without ML. Couldn't justify $1,400 for 1 extra speaker and a 30% increase in power I wouldn't use.
Old 07-05-06, 09:26 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cdeslandes
I specifically ordered NAV without ML. Couldn't justify $1,400 for 1 extra speaker and a 30% increase in power I wouldn't use.
I have heard that a lot of people don't want to pay extra for the ML system, and that's fine. Some people are happy with the stock system, and have no need for the DVD player. My dad ordered the new ES without ML because he believes in no-frill music: play Sinatra on a tape deck and he'll be fine.

Save your $$ if you're not into the nuances of music. If you play hard rock or ghetto rap or techno dance, instead of classical music or acoustic rock or new age contemporary tunes, you probably don't need ML.
Old 07-06-06, 07:00 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

<- ML here and never looked back even with the heavy price tag. I would of probably installed an aftermarket dvd player either way. Just glad I made the right decision to go with the ML package.
Old 07-09-06, 07:58 PM
beerman
Driver School Candidate

Proud owner of the Mark Levinson system here~

It is such a tremendous complement to the sort of tunes I play endlessly on my iPod that I couldn't have done without. The inclusion of the DVD player is great as well -- I will never grow tired of the batmobile chasing scene from Batman Begins, drowning quite pleasantly in that sea of ear-blistering sound.

Last edited by beerman; 07-09-06 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-10-06, 10:32 AM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I have heard that a lot of people don't want to pay extra for the ML system, and that's fine. Some people are happy with the stock system.
Yep, thats me...I'm sure ML sounds phenomenal, but the stock setup is plenty good enough for my untrained ears! Wasn't gonna shell out the extra cash.
Old 07-10-06, 10:34 AM
mort
Lead Lap

I can't even imagine getting my IS350 without the ML...would have always been full of regrets.
If I was buying a Lexus, there was no question about going for the ML.
Old 07-10-06, 01:46 PM
gmeardi
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mort
I can't even imagine getting my IS350 without the ML...would have always been full of regrets. If I was buying a Lexus, there was no question about going for the ML.
Same for me... DVD-Audio's sound "outstandingly"... it was an absolute must for me.
Old 07-10-06, 04:31 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mort
I can't even imagine getting my IS350 without the ML...would have always been full of regrets.
If I was buying a Lexus, there was no question about going for the ML.
I agree. ML is a hallmark of Lexus and from what I've seen so far, even those with untrained ears are completely blown away.
Old 07-10-06, 05:00 PM
j|michael
Driver

I got the ML, and think it sounds great. I do come from a car with a little over 3000W, but that was in an SUV. One question i have, is can upgrades be integrated into the system without replacing it completely? i.e can i install subs and tie the signal into a sub-amp?
Old 07-11-06, 04:17 AM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock system sounded great to me--anyway it sounded much better than the G35 I test drove with the Bose system. Felt I did not need to spend the extra money--if it were $300-500, maybe I would have reconsidered. Also, just ordered a new BMW 530XI for my wife last night and did not order the premium sound or HD radio. Thought about it, but, once again just did not seem worth it. Did order the satellite radio, though.
Old 07-11-06, 06:39 AM
tgara
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cdeslandes
I share Bichon's concern about limited availability in the northeast. However, that said, I would not have gotten the Levenstein system anyway because the stock system was fine and I didn't want to spend the extra $$.
Old 07-11-06, 04:27 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

Levenstein
Come on, it's Levinson.

Old 07-11-06, 06:33 PM
mbdurham
Driver School Candidate

This is funny. Last weekend the dealer (as he tried to push the 350/lux pkg he had on the floor) told me he had never seen one with ML and did not think they made any. He also told me the sports package was also no longer availble.
Old 07-12-06, 11:51 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by mbdurham
This is funny. Last weekend the dealer (as he tried to push the 350/lux pkg he had on the floor) told me he had never seen one with ML and did not think they made any.
You are in Mass, which is in the northeast region. He wouldn't have seen an IS with ML unless one of his customers did a special order (which takes around four months). If you were talking about buying a car off the lot, getting one that's already inbound to the dealer, or one that he could obtain in a trade with another dealer, then for all intents and purposes ML is unavailable.
Old 07-12-06, 04:21 PM
k04
Driver School Candidate

I didn't care when I first got my car since at the time had never herd it befor and figured stock isn't bad, and i will just go after market since I already had a 8" JL W7 to go in the trunk. Then my friend let me drive a SC430 for a bit with ML and I must say its amazing, i had it all the way up while listeaning to some nice recorded music it was unreal, I got in my car and couldn't stand the speakers. But if i wanted ML i would of had to wait about 3+ months for the car. So in short i do not have ML

Quick Reply: How many ISx50 owners got ML?