im sure europe would kill for a IS350 over there
I would
Old 06-25-06, 11:17 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
im sure europe would kill for a IS350 over there
I was born in Europe, and you would be surprised most people would rather want a Diesel not a gasoline engine with $7/gal gas there.

I doubt people in europe would kill for an IS350, the only thing that it would kill is peoples walets.
Old 06-25-06, 11:37 AM
gmeardi
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I was born in Europe, and you would be surprised most people would rather want a Diesel not a gasoline engine with $7/gal gas there.
I doubt people in europe would kill for an IS350, the only thing that it would kill is peoples walets.
Yeah dear... we've these little price problem over here... Otherwise I'd have preferred the gasoline monsters, sure
Old 06-25-06, 12:30 PM
TED_FR
Driver

Congratulations, very nice car! I guess you do not see a lot of them on italian roads.
Is it what we call in France the Pack Executive model, 17" wheels, with leather and wood?

The IS220d is doing quite well over here, while the IS250 is not quite popular because it lacks power compared to the IS300 (because it is so heavy) and it is expensive when compared to a BMW, if we had the IS350, it woul be quite a different story, being able to compete with Bimmers, sadly, thats is not the case. I just can't understand why Lexus Europe does not want to import either the gen² IS300 (reserved for chinese market God knows why) or the IS350 to compete with germans sedan which sell like hot cakes.

See you sometimes in one of our meetings.
Old 06-25-06, 01:21 PM
monkeyfarm
Driver

Bello. Non conosco che cosa fate per lavoro, ma se avete bisogno degli assistenti tecnici di UNIX, sono disposto a emmigrate.

What kind of mileage is the 220d returning? I wish we got it over here... I would have seriously given it consideration over my 350, despite the fact that I'm getting 25-28mpg. I love the novelty of diesel in the States, and I've always enjoyed driving diesels when I'm in Europe.
Old 06-25-06, 02:57 PM
isdsms
Driver

Default Automobile dolce!

Automobile dolce! Avere molto divertimento e godere che fine guidare.
Old 06-25-06, 04:38 PM
gmeardi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
congratulations on a beautiful car! I've been to Italy twice already and will be going again for the 3rd time in Aug. Can't wait!
Are you directly coming with your wonderful CW 350? Eheh pay attention to gasoline price
BTW... Good, excellent choice for your holidays!
Old 06-25-06, 04:49 PM
gmeardi
Rookie

Originally Posted by TED_FR
Congratulations, very nice car! I guess you do not see a lot of them on italian roads.
Is it what we call in France the Pack Executive model, 17" wheels, with leather and wood?
The IS220d is doing quite well over here, while (...).
See you sometimes in one of our meetings.
Merci Ted!
1. Yes, I think the Executive model is what we call here Luxury. And then I've added the Multimedia Pack (NAV + ML + Rear camera). I only lack the adaptive cruise control (a pity!), that's only mounted on the gasoline version, and the roof optional.
2. I've not seen other IS 220d around yet, in Milan. But I think this will change.
3. Meetings: it would be nice, possibly in 'Nice', as it's so close to my summer location in Liguria And congrats for your ClubLexis Forum... I've tried to read the interesting threads there, but... language problems... too long for me to translate most of the text with Google
Ciao!
Old 06-25-06, 04:57 PM
gmeardi
Rookie

Originally Posted by monkeyfarm
Bello. Non conosco che cosa fate per lavoro, ma se avete bisogno degli assistenti tecnici di UNIX, sono disposto a emmigrate.
What kind of mileage is the 220d returning? I wish we got it over here... I would have seriously given it consideration over my 350, despite the fact that I'm getting 25-28mpg. I love the novelty of diesel in the States, and I've always enjoyed driving diesels when I'm in Europe.
Mileage: at the moment I've only driven for about 600km, so I think I've to wait a some thousands more to have serious data.
In any case I've AT NOW perceived an honest behavior in the highways (with cruise control), around 7.5-8 litres per 100km, and... dishonest behaviour in the city, with 12L/100km drunk data.
I'll post detailed results in a month time...
Old 06-25-06, 06:06 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Definately looking good. I'm happy to see that Lexus is making a bigger presence on European roads.

Congrats on the car!

I'm going to Italy later this year. Perhaps I'll see your cruising Milan...
Old 06-25-06, 06:16 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Congrats man!!! Lovely car. Im sure its getting Ferrari/Lambo like attention out there (well close to it. ) . ENJOY!!
Old 06-26-06, 08:32 AM
gmeardi
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Definately looking good. I'm happy to see that Lexus is making a bigger presence on European roads. Congrats on the car!
I'm going to Italy later this year. Perhaps I'll see your cruising Milan...
Let me know when u will be here. Happy to meet for a pizza
Old 06-26-06, 08:39 AM
gmeardi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
congratulations on a beautiful car! I've been to Italy twice already and will be going again for the 3rd time in Aug. Can't wait!
Wonderful, seen so many of you coming here... we'll plan the first "official" Club Lexus Italian Retreat
Pay only attention to... gasoline price with your monster 350's over here...
Old 06-27-06, 01:17 AM
Jurwin
Driver School Candidate

Very nice IS220D. Can you post some engine pics?
Old 06-27-06, 01:34 AM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Not fair, your choices of scenery make your pictures look 10 times better than the average IS pictures.

You wouldn't by chance happen to be a professional photographer?

All jokes aside, you have one good looking IS! Enjoy being one of the chosen few while it lasts...

Quick Reply: Finally to Italy! (pics of IS220D)