IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-16, 12:50 AM
marcsis250
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

my dash done and thanks icy350. alot of sanding went into that box.
aloha
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!-dash-8.jpg  
Old 08-30-16, 05:32 AM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marc your dash is by far one of the best ive seen. I like how you relocated the hazard switch. Respect! I used to keep up with your build on IG but im not on there anymore.
Old 08-30-16, 06:35 AM
Zynthe
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello,

Can anyone here tell me how you bypassed the HVAC thats connected to the cd changer? Ive been wanting to get an aftermarket HU and this is the onli problem stopping me.
Old 08-31-16, 12:58 AM
marcsis250
Rookie

hiya MIA LEX thanks for your positivity! ill post pictures of my pillers when i get the trim rings for them done. been slacking abit.

to zynthe

i am still looking into that. i want to say i can trick it but just havent spent time on it. if you need a quick easy way to do it look up a company called Beat Sonic. they have a installation kit for our cars and it will intergrate the A/c without retaining stock deck.

the kit is very expensive but a very good way to take care of that issue.

if you want to just make the a.c work and change the stock cdplayer out you can. simply remove circuit board from stock cd changer and make a housing to hold it. then plug all the plugs back in to it. i didnt use any of my stock wiring in car when i did my system. i ran all new speaker wires and also

ran new power and ignition. nothing got cut in my harnesses for stock system. my system was ML and is out of car. i did a lot of modifications to install my eq / dvd player. if you find my build thread it explains how i did it.

aloha!

here is some from last weeks show.

Old 09-09-16, 01:58 PM
marcsis250
Rookie

here is one of my center console, the pillers have the mock up rings in them for test fit. need to make the plexi ones now. also update for those who want to know, the beat sonic slx-140 works flawlessly. i have been able to keep steering wheel controls and also retain all a/c functions. i removed my stock deck
board out of car to put this in. freed up some room behind deck also. keep in mind that i am only using this adapter to retain a/c and steering wheels controls. the ML system that was in here is gutted out. i ran my own wires to the speakers at each location and am not using any of the wires for audio on the
beatsonic piece. i can say that very easy to hook up and worth the price of 320.00 or so if you want to retain the stock amplifier and add aftermarket deck.

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!-20160903_153307.jpg  
Old 09-12-16, 07:28 PM
belac
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I just picked up an IS350 today and had a quick question about it since I'm not too knowledgeable about audio. The previous owner installed an aftermarket subwoofer in the trunk (Cheap pioneer with sealed box), but retained factory headunit with Nav. My questions is you can definitely hear the subwoofer when listening to the radio, but when I swap to Aux mode it sounds as if it is not working at all. Just curious if this can be changed in settings or if it wasn't wired correctly.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-16, 11:10 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,567 Posts

Some nice systems in here. I decided to go the simple route by just adding a sub to the stock system. If 2IS is similar,it should work for you guys. Check it out:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-too-easy.html
Old 02-25-17, 12:53 AM
MattGarris
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im trying to build my very own spl box. Not sq and i dont even know how to start a new thread. I was woundering if someone could help me. I cant navigate this site. Sorry if my comment isnt aloud.