IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-06, 07:51 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo1
Ya, I've actually heard that the new G35 that's coming out will be comparable to the Bentley Continental series for luxury, but it will be a bit faster - probably close to the Ferrari Enzo in terms of handling and acceleration. I expect the car mags to give it first place against the 7-series and S Class for premium luxury sedans, but obviously it's going to beat out the M3, RS4, and probably the rumored IS 500 in the performance category as well. Because you know, the '07 G35 will be God's gift to cars.

Give it up dude. Infiniti is a second-tier luxury car manufacturer. Representatives of the company have said so themselves:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...4&page=2&pp=15
"We're limited; we're not a complete Tier 1 brand," Lennon says (chairman of Infiniti's National Dealer Advisory Board)

Also:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201542
11) Do you think Infinitis are priced right?

Until we reach the top, we will have to be the value story. If anything, I'm concerned about price increases for the brand. We have to be the value franchise until we can say we're a Tier 1. We have not reached our goal until we can charge more.

12) Which brands do you consider to be Tier 1?

Mercedes, BMW and Lexus. We would like people to throw us in there as No. 4.
Like i said, this is only true in the united states. Lexus doesnt have such a high standing everywhere else in the world. Did i say infiniti is a tier 1 brand? No. That is just you getting defensive. How can infiniti plan to be a tier 1 brand so quickly considering they just got off their feet? Lexus worked hard over the past decade to reach there. Tell me this, how has the new IS faired against the 3 series? Enough said. At keast i have an open mind about both brands considering i own both.

Last edited by Hypnotik; 06-15-06 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-15-06, 08:06 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
Like i said, this is only true in the united states. Lexus doesnt have such a high standing everywhere else in the world. Did i say infiniti is a tier 1 brand? No. That is just you getting defensive. How can infiniti plan to be a tier 1 brand so quickly considering they just got off their feet? Lexus worked hard over the past decade to reach there. Tell me this, how has the new IS faired against the 3 series? Enough said. At keast i have an open mind about both brands considering i own both.
Infiniti just got off their feet? Infiniti and Lexus were both launched in the same year, 1989. Since then, Lexus has built a top-quality luxury brand by building reliable, luxurious, and reasonably priced cars. Infiniti has built a second-tier brand by building average cars and selling them for cheaper than Lexus, Mercedes, and BMW.

I am open to both brands as well. I test drove a G35. I just didn't like it. As the salesman said when I was test-driving an S4 and a G35 sedan drove by, "Do you really want to be seen in that? It looks like a frog for chrissake!"

LOL, not my words, his.
Old 06-15-06, 08:16 AM
threeputt
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

I had my pick between the BMW 330i, Infiniti G35(coupe and sedan) and the IS350. Chose the IS350 with the sport package, in my opinion a nicer car than the other two. Just my opinion though, the other vehicles are nice and I am sure I would have been happy with any of them but the Lexus was the best choice overall for me. Lexus does have a high standing here in Canada as well, it is just not in the United States.
Old 06-15-06, 08:24 AM
boostedg35
Driver School Candidate

ok honestly.. its your car.. its great and at the top of the food chain now.. but thats only about 5 months away. so enjoy it while it last.. there is always something better and faster coming out..

the fact the is350 dosnt come in manual says alot about the car. i garuntee when the new g35coupe and 335i come out there are going to be alot of different views.. its funny the IS in its second production run and the g35 is in its first but still is right there when people are shopping for cars.. nobody even cares about the is300 anymore.. think about it

sedan wise.. the is350 is probably the best in its price range. if it came in stick.. it would be the best... but the competition hasnt even released its models.. so all i can say is enjoy it
Old 06-15-06, 08:30 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yes 335 coupe looks nice but its going to be high 40s to 50 with decent options, MSRP is rumored to be 42k-43k, and they will still have the nerve to charge you 1500 for leather
Old 06-15-06, 08:33 AM
boostedg35
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
yes 335 coupe looks nice but its going to be high 40s to 50 with decent options, MSRP is rumored to be 42k-43k, and they will still have the nerve to charge you 1500 for leather

where the hell do you get your info?
Old 06-15-06, 08:35 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

and 700 for metallic paint? 1500$ for auto?

I personally think G35c is a great looking car. Probably the best looking car came out from Japan. I am sure the new G35c wont let us down. It will be an interesting match.

So currently this is how the ranking goes in my book. 335i> IS350> Acura TL> G35c> Audi A4 .It's just me.
Old 06-15-06, 08:37 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by boostedg35
I think that was a good est. 330i starts around 37 and decently equipped ones are around 42. So 43K based msrp wont be way too off. You are looking around 50k with not so fully loaded.
Old 06-15-06, 08:37 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

youve never built a BMW at the site haev you? They nickel and dime you for the most retarded things on a near 40k vehicle. And its quite obvious the 335 price will be a good step up over the 330, at least 40k. Add in $500 for metallic paint, $1500 for leather, heck you still arent given floormats for a 40k+ vehicle
Old 06-15-06, 08:39 AM
boostedg35
Driver School Candidate

youve never built a BMW at the site haev you? They nickel and dime you for the most retarded things on a near 40k vehicle. And its quite obvious the 335 price will be a good step up over the 330, at least 40k. Add in $500 for metallic paint, $1500 for leather, heck you still arent given floormats for a 40k+ vehicle
ohh yeah bmw.. lol i thought you were talking about the g35 lol..
Old 06-15-06, 08:42 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

For floormats, if you are nice enough, they give you for free and it seems like most BMW owners are happy with getting a free floormats after paying 45k for their cars. I just thought that's pretty funny.

back to the topic, does infiniti charge for floormats also?
Old 06-15-06, 08:58 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by diablo1
Infiniti just got off their feet? Infiniti and Lexus were both launched in the same year, 1989. Since then, Lexus has built a top-quality luxury brand by building reliable, luxurious, and reasonably priced cars. Infiniti has built a second-tier brand by building average cars and selling them for cheaper than Lexus, Mercedes, and BMW.

I am open to both brands as well. I test drove a G35. I just didn't like it. As the salesman said when I was test-driving an S4 and a G35 sedan drove by, "Do you really want to be seen in that? It looks like a frog for chrissake!"

LOL, not my words, his.
Yes they started at the same time. But where have you been all these years? Infiniti was on the brink of bankruptcy until ghosn stepped in and took them out of their hole. This whole revolution at infiniti started with the G35. Its been maybe 4-5 years since its release and infiniti has already gone a long way. Lexus on the other hand kept on going since its start even though they did hit some bumps on the way. The thing that kept lexus on its feet through the years was the fact that it was reliable. Lexus built there name and reputation for reliability and good customer service. During the start of the three japanese brands, all of their flagship cars, the Q, the Legend and the LS were on par with each other including materials. Well maybe not so much acura since they have always used fake wood until the 2nd gen legend and the fact that they never came up with a V8.

You still crack me up. Its only recently that lexus is pricing their cars to be just as expensive as mercedes and BMW. Lexus has always been cheaper than BMW and mercedes which is why people bought them in the first place. They are now only pricing it similar to the germans because like you said, lexus is now viewed as a tier 1 brand and so they are trying to sell their vehicles for more. And how much cheaper are infiniti vehicles compared to lexus vehicles? Try comparing the base prices and you'll see they are maybe 2-3k cheaper. Oh wow...i didnt know 2-3k more makes the car so much more expensive

Oh and by the way, sales people are idiots...they will say anything to convince you that their car is superior to all others. You can say audi's are unreliable pieces of crap that will break down on you

Last edited by Hypnotik; 06-15-06 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-15-06, 11:15 AM
LexFather

True, Lexus is struggling in Europe but AT LEAST they are sold there, Infiniti does not exist there. Remember that.

The IS is faring well against the 3, I don't think barely losing comparos in magazines says much except the cars are evenly matched when all is said and done.

The G35 has fared decent considering it's age except in sports car international

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&highlight=sci

Scans there

You can't really objectively compare the 2 brands, they might have comparable products but as a whole Lexus is so much ahead of Infiniti its not even funny. Lexus are Lexus. Infiniti are rebadged Nissan Fugas, Skylines, etc etc.

Old 06-15-06, 11:19 AM
LexFather

ok honestly.. its your car.. its great and at the top of the food chain now.. but thats only about 5 months away. so enjoy it while it last.. there is always something better and faster coming out..

the fact the is350 dosnt come in manual says alot about the car. i garuntee when the new g35coupe and 335i come out there are going to be alot of different views.. its funny the IS in its second production run and the g35 is in its first but still is right there when people are shopping for cars.. nobody even cares about the is300 anymore.. think about it

sedan wise.. the is350 is probably the best in its price range. if it came in stick.. it would be the best... but the competition hasnt even released its models.. so all i can say is enjoy it
I find it HILARIOUS when people clown the IS 300.

Let me set some of you straight.

If Lexus DID NOT have a IS 300, there would be NO G35 and the Acura TL would not try to be sporty. THe Lexus IS PROVED, people will buy a sporty, small RWD Japanese car.

Up to that point, all entry level Japanese luxury cars were FWD TRYING to be sporty and failed in that respect (I30/I35/TL/ES 300)

The IS DEBUTED back in 1997 in EUROPE as a IS 200 as it debuted in Japan as the Altezza. The IS has gotten RAVE REVIEWS in Europe for being a true 3 series competitor. They love hte car there. We can't get reviews of Infiniti in Europe, b/c the brand is BARLEY MAKING IT in America, let alone overseas.

Funny how after the RWD IS came out, then the RWD G35 comes out? Coincidence? I think not.

Both brands decided to offer true RWD sedans, Lexus had theirs since 1997, we just got it in 2001 in America. Nissan followed the IS's suit.

Both cars fared well, the G35 sold much better than the IS.

Old 06-15-06, 11:21 AM
LexFather

And a boosted G35 has nothing on a boosted IS 300. We are talking 2JZ here. A G35 has a great stock motor, which is mass produced in every product Nissan sells. Its in everything from SUVs to Vans to sports cars. The 2JZ is a legendary engine, BUILT for Forced Induction.

You can have a turbo and s/c G35 in the same car and it won't make the power of a IS 300 turbo

Quick Reply: G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350