IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-06, 04:54 PM
Kavistar
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously the IS350 is the best car.....I bought one

I had my choice of all of these cars and I chose the IS350. Of course, if I had chosen a G35, it would be the best car. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I chose the IS because it had more of what I wanted then any other car, but everyone has their own opinion. I hope everyone thinks their car is the best, but of course they do not need to brag it up....usually it makes them look stupid. At the same time, I have only had my car less than a month and I can already find things I would have different....it is not the "perfect" car.

That being said, I love my car!!!!
Old 06-13-06, 04:59 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed the same when I frequented both this forum and the G35 forums. In fact one of the factors in getting the Lexus for me was the quality of the people surrounding the product; you're sort of "buying in" to a crowd here, but for me it felt like I was "buying in" to a more mature, knowledgeable and helpful group of people here than over there. Plus, the two cars are indeed totally different, and I think you can see that by what we complain about; we say the G35 has bad navigation controls, poor materials, etc because we as Lexus owners prioritize luxury over sport, whereas they obviously do not.
Old 06-13-06, 05:47 PM
ra1n
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jinetix
The 2007 model G35 sedan that is coming out, however, is very nice and will probably give the IS350 a good run for the money. Lots of improvements (touch screen navigation, in-dash hard drive, sportier look, nicer gauges, etc.) and most importantly, the availability of a manual tranny.
I must agree with jinetix on this one. If Infiniti does decide to use the 2007 Coupe Concept they released to public as the upcoming 07 model, Lexus will have some work to do.
Old 06-13-06, 07:46 PM
shox
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ICEBERGS
SHOX, that is definitely true but at the same time, onthis forum its much more at a mature level...for example in the post just above everyone backed their opinions with factual info, and if the car of comparison has an advantage in a whatever category, it is acknowledged.....i have seen stuff like the t"his is the best car in the world"...... "the is350 doesnt come close to the g35,"........i have even seen it being compared to the current M3 and upcoming model????
Well I don't know, I never read their forums before, but I can see that cockiness come out from them. I think we just don't care, haha! Oh well, it's cause we don't need to brag and rub it into other's faces that we're better, haha!
Old 06-14-06, 06:38 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

I don't want to sound immature, but if I were driving a G35 sedan, I would probably be a bit defensive too. It's fun to drive, but man, it is not a nice looking car. The two main reasons I didn't buy one are 1) Exterior just looks weird, especially the front (just on the sedan - the coupe looks good), 2) Not impressed with interior quality, layout, etc.

Just my opinion of course - some people might think the G35 sedan looks awesome. They would be wrong, but they're entitled to their opinion.
Old 06-14-06, 06:51 AM
TurboRush
Driver School Candidate

It's all a preference thing. I like to think that if you bought a car its because it really appealed to you.

As of current: I think the 350 looks better than the G35 and has the hardware to boot... I am currnetly in the market for a car and am almost a lock for the 350.. but with the 2007 G35 Sedan coming in November and the Coupe early next year, I've decided to hold off and see how the new G35 stacks up with the extra power... if I were purchasing right this second I don't think the G35 is even near the 350 (driven the 350 and my friend just got a 2006 g35x).

Again, it just boils down to preference, I highly doubt anybody would spend $35k+ just to immediately say I bought an inferior vehicle, its human nature to defend what you have...

Although on a side note my friend has a 2004 g35 coupe which I ripped from a 50mph roll with my old Viggen, he was less than thrilled...
Old 06-14-06, 08:03 AM
newbie35
Driver School Candidate

Default Same Same

Both forums can be snootish IMHO. I came from the G35 side (but have a 2IS and Coupe) and noticed the very same thing that everyone is indicating in this post. I wonder what the Beemer folks are saying. =)
Old 06-14-06, 08:19 AM
boostedg35
Driver School Candidate

crappy interior? the 2005 does not have crappy plastic. the coupe that is. .. the g35 sedan is ok at best.. the is350 can be compared to the g35coupe but then thats a sedan to coupe.. the is250s come no where close to g35coupe. next year when infiniti releases its new models lexus will be outdated and looking up. i really love the is350 and hope to get one for my daily driver.. but in no way shape or form will it ever compare with my g

Old 06-14-06, 08:26 AM
linh811
Lead Lap

all you have to do is mention that the is250 is weak/underpowered/gay/girlish to bring out all the defensive/sensitive type
Old 06-14-06, 08:58 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ICEBERGS
From time to time I hangout around the g35 forums to just to see whats going on and to get a few laughs here and there. Is it just me, but everytime the IS350 comes up they have to debate why their cars are better, etc. There are very few that approach this discussion and debate with factual information. There are only a few members posts that I have read where they have provided actual knowledge...Its fuuny to see how most think that the G is invincible....how hard is it to really give another car props if its better????

Sounds like every automobiling message board I've ever been on.
Old 06-14-06, 10:01 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by boostedg35
crappy interior? the 2005 does not have crappy plastic. the coupe that is. .. the g35 sedan is ok at best.. the is350 can be compared to the g35coupe but then thats a sedan to coupe.. the is250s come no where close to g35coupe. next year when infiniti releases its new models lexus will be outdated and looking up. i really love the is350 and hope to get one for my daily driver.. but in no way shape or form will it ever compare with my g
Oh boy, we got a live one here...

When I was complaining about the interior, I meant I didn't like the nav, didn't like how the seat adjustors were on the inside of the seat rather than the outside (near the door) where they should be, the buttons on the center console are too small and exactly the same size/shape which makes them very confusing, the tuner and volume ***** are on the wrong sides, the gauges are that crappy orange color, the climate control display is mounted high in the center of the dash which makes no sense...

I wish I had liked the car more because you can lease a brand new one for about half the monthly cost of the IS 350. Sadly (for my wallet) there was just no contest.
Old 06-14-06, 10:12 AM
Soda
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
really? I always held the Infiniti line higher than Acura.
I definitely agree..
Old 06-14-06, 10:47 AM
JUDGE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by diablo1
Oh boy, we got a live one here...

When I was complaining about the interior, I meant I didn't like the nav, didn't like how the seat adjustors were on the inside of the seat rather than the outside (near the door) where they should be, the buttons on the center console are too small and exactly the same size/shape which makes them very confusing, the tuner and volume ***** are on the wrong sides, the gauges are that crappy orange color, the climate control display is mounted high in the center of the dash which makes no sense...

I wish I had liked the car more because you can lease a brand new one for about half the monthly cost of the IS 350. Sadly (for my wallet) there was just no contest.

All your complaints were the same ones most G35 drivers had. For that reason Infiniti addressed it in their new upcoming '07 models. They have pretty much changed everything you mentioned. The sedans are due at local dealerships in November this year and the coupe is expected to hit the market by next spring.

Personally, I love the Lexus line of cars and the quality and yes I agree they are a step up in the luxury line, but performance wise and value for your dollar, the G35 is an amazing buy.
Old 06-14-06, 11:33 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JUDGE
All your complaints were the same ones most G35 drivers had. For that reason Infiniti addressed it in their new upcoming '07 models. They have pretty much changed everything you mentioned. The sedans are due at local dealerships in November this year and the coupe is expected to hit the market by next spring.

Personally, I love the Lexus line of cars and the quality and yes I agree they are a step up in the luxury line, but performance wise and value for your dollar, the G35 is an amazing buy.
Yes, I agree that the '07 G35 is much improved and may be a more serious competitor to the IS. It will be interesting to see how they match up in a head-to-head comparison. Obviously the mags will still choose the BMW 3-series as first place, because they always do, but I wonder who will be second.

PS - Welcome to CL and congrats on your first post...
Old 06-14-06, 11:37 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Boosted g35, I must say that is one hot G35,
Iagree that its only natural to get defensive you will find that on most forums, but to me there is a difference between defending yourself with actual and factual information rather than just spouting off at the mouth just random things, with nothing to back what they are saying....just like what Newbie has done he attached pics of his G to show what he was talking about, and its one hell of a G35. My friend has a g35 coupe as well, that looks much like yours except for the DIN screen in the dash and we trade cars sometimes, and the coupe does feel a little cheap as far as fit and finish of the interior, their are so many squeaks and rattles, which is surprising to me for a car thats 2 years old....dont get me wrong its an amazing car!!!!! good bang for the buck, but the ex-ricers seem to think that the car is invincible....he is always in my ear talking about this car and what it can do, if we are somewhere and we see another car and I say something about how good it looks or about the performance like on the forum there he ranting about how the G is better, it will beat that car, etc, stuff like that..............Yes,its a coupe compared to a sedan but thats the comparison that they make on the forum..if you compared the two across the board, the IS350 would come out on top every time in my opinion..anyone chime in if they disagree.... looks are a matter of preference, but when it comes to quality,fit and finish, value, ergonomics, and comfort the IS350 would be the choice , performacne wise the coupe will shine in the twisties, straight ahead performance would be different..........but the G in my opinion is at a disadvantage because the IS 350 is a brand new car..so its not really a fair comparo.....both are nice cars...i just like to hear debates or opinions supported with facts...No one wants to buy anything from someone or make a decision on opinions alone!!!!

Last edited by ICEBERGS; 06-14-06 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply: G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350