Do you cover your car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-06, 05:35 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do you cover your car?

Do you?
Thinking about getting a cover to cover my car in my driveway.
Old 06-12-06, 08:41 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about it, too, since I have SGM, and it'd be nice to not have the dust that accumulates all the time.
Old 06-12-06, 08:43 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can't garage it, that's the second best way to keep a car clean and relatively safe...
Old 06-12-06, 08:47 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If your car and the inside of the cover isn't completely clean, you'll scratch up the finish on your car.
Old 06-13-06, 07:41 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by al503
If your car and the inside of the cover isn't completely clean, you'll scratch up the finish on your car.
So how leary should you be about this? Do you just need to make sure the inside has no debris or you think you shouldnt use them at all?
Old 06-13-06, 07:53 AM
jewel
Lead Lap

we use a car cover on my parents es330 and it killed the side mirrors, every time we put it on/take it off,, the cover drags along the mirrors and the paint has worn off I didn't notice this till recently too
Old 06-13-06, 07:54 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I cover our's every day.. in the garage at home or when out visiting friends. It protects the interior from our 105 degree plus direct sunlight.

I use a NOAH cover, custom fit so it can be locked or won't blow off. Light weight, easy to roll up for storage. Very soft inner lining.

www.calcarcover.com
Old 06-13-06, 08:10 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaull
So how leary should you be about this? Do you just need to make sure the inside has no debris or you think you shouldnt use them at all?
I think they're great if you don't have a garage and you leave it covered for extended periods of time. If it's a daily thing, you should worry about damaging the finish on your car.
Old 06-13-06, 08:43 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

I only drive my car three days a week. I didn't know the cover would damage the surface.
I also want to cover my car because I don't want people to see it and want to keep it low profile.
My house is in front of a 4 lanes road, and people walk around all the time.
Old 06-13-06, 09:40 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dust your car off before you put on the cover. This should minimize dust that could scratch the paint.
Old 06-13-06, 09:56 AM
tragic22
Rookie

You just have to be careful when putting on and taking off the car cover and make sure that you take car of your car's exterior the best way possible. I'm getting my IS in July I was planning on definetly getting a car cover. I live in brooklyn, new york and although my area is a pretty good area I think I rather have my car keep a low profile just like doctorttt said. I haven't really seen much IS's up here since they've been on the market so I dont want people becoming to curious about my car. I dont need my car to "wow" people when I'm not in it.
Old 06-13-06, 09:58 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tammy
I cover our's every day.. in the garage at home or when out visiting friends. It protects the interior from our 105 degree plus direct sunlight.

I use a NOAH cover, custom fit so it can be locked or won't blow off. Light weight, easy to roll up for storage. Very soft inner lining.

www.calcarcover.com
I use the same cover. The exact same way. It's the only way to go!
Old 06-13-06, 11:56 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

wow. A car cover is mad expensive. I thought I could just get a cheap one from ebay - like $30.00. I also live in Brooklyn, NY. My area is pretty nice - Italian/Asian/Russian mix.
I have seen some IS350 and 250s. The problem - my car is red. Whenever I drive, people will be like wow, and I dont' want that. I need to keep it very low profile as possible.
Old 06-13-06, 12:00 PM
dajwilson
Driver

Originally Posted by doctorttt
I only drive my car three days a week. I didn't know the cover would damage the surface.
I also want to cover my car because I don't want people to see it and want to keep it low profile.
My house is in front of a 4 lanes road, and people walk around all the time.

Covering your car is not gonna give it a low profile. That's just going to make people even more curious to see what's under the cover. You don't see many people putting car covers on a Chevy Cavalier so..........people are going to know that there's something under there worth covering.
Old 06-13-06, 12:25 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

even better:
http://www.carcapsule.com/

Quick Reply: Do you cover your car?