IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Interior Noise! Do your IS have it too?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-06, 09:23 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suprafrank
The new 330i's interior is almost the same as the old 330i's (it's like they are trying to save money and use the same dashboard, etc, from the prior generation).
Huh? The New (E90) 3 series interior is about as different from the previous generation's (E46), as a ham sandwhich is different from a tampon. Almost nothing on the new 3 series looks anything like the previous 3.
Old 07-19-06, 10:58 AM
yoja
Driver School Candidate

i have zero noise. after i first read this thread i drove down the freeway with no radio or AC for a bit and it was quiet as can be.
Old 07-30-06, 06:21 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My IS250 doesn't have that noise but My MR-S(MR2 spyder) use to have that noise also from the in dash 6 disc CD Player I have to dealer to re-assemble it! After that no more noise... Hope this info could help u!!
Old 08-20-06, 09:36 PM
azzetla
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have a fix for the Rattling Noise from Inside the Air vents when going over bumps?

I have a problem in my 350 on the Driver side Vent and the Passenger side, its a very annoying rattle (plasticky) noise when going over bumps on the road.
Old 10-24-06, 05:51 PM
CMistIS250
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys,

I've got a rattle coming from the rear cabin as well, during warm to hot days and it annoys the ****** out of me when im driving as its pretty loud. (you can hear it through the music) During colder weather i can't hear a thing. From what ive gathered here in the forums, it seems like its a rear window issue with the 'pin' or its the tabs thats holding the rear window.
I've taken it back to the dealership to be fixed once, i mentioned that it could have been the rear window with the pin issue but he was adamant that it was the rear console that was causing the issue after i took him for a test drive. Guess I got to listen to the so called expert right?
So he took apart the whole rear console and added extra foaming/padding but it was to no avail.
Gonna bring it back to the dealership again during the summer or when i get consecutive hot days down here and hopefully its rattling when i drop it off to the dealership (the 1st time it was a rainy day so i couldnt get the car to replicate the rattle).
Hopefully he will take a look at the rear window issue... as i dont want to be wasting my time going back n forth all the time.
Other than this gripe the car is fantastic and runs like a dream.
Old 10-24-06, 05:55 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default none

No noise. But I don't drive over washboards either.
Old 10-24-06, 06:16 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Payam
I don't really have a problem with wind noise but the driver's seat belt does make a little rattle noise on bumps and the squeak in my driver's seat is getting real bad, it's going in on Monday to have that all looked at and to have my DVD changer replaced, again.....
Mine also had this problem. All i did was change the location of the seat belt. That option of lifting lower and higher.. I did that, and it went away.
Old 10-24-06, 06:20 PM
Mushu
Rookie

I rant into the rattle issue from the engine bay and front passenger area. The car has been stayed in the dealer for 3 days
Old 10-25-06, 05:31 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

For those with wind noise issues I had a problem with my moonroof making massive amounts of wind noise. Fortunately my dealer was able to verify that the noise wasn't normal.

They first tried just replacing the seals but that made a bigger issue of the roof leaking when the car got wet. Finally, thanks to a post from another member here, they discovered that the moonroof glass was slightly warped. After replacing the glass the car is errie quite, even with everything off in the car doing 80 mph!
Old 10-25-06, 07:54 AM
totoro1224
Driver

I have the contiunous rattle noise from inside the passenger dash. I check everything, and it is from behind the passenger dash, sound like something loose, anyone have this problem?
Old 10-25-06, 08:17 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Here's some food for thought.

Anyone ever think that the car is so quiet that you hear more noises than you would in a normal car?

Every car has it's rattles. I think that the ones you hear in a Lexus are a little more noticeable because their cabins are so quiet.
Old 10-25-06, 09:13 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Buds
Here's some food for thought.

Anyone ever think that the car is so quiet that you hear more noises than you would in a normal car?

Every car has it's rattles. I think that the ones you hear in a Lexus are a little more noticeable because their cabins are so quiet.
I totally agree with you here buds. One of the reasons that my moonroof noise was so annoying was the fact that the rest of the car is so quite that it really stood out.
Old 10-25-06, 10:22 PM
bryan83
Driver School Candidate

anyone has the seatbelt rattle......
i got the same problem but my dealer solve the problem.... its the door hinge that its rattling through the seatbelt holder for mine....maybe ur lex has the same prob as me...
good luck...
Old 10-26-06, 12:25 AM
Mushu
Rookie

Originally Posted by totoro1224
I have the contiunous rattle noise from inside the passenger dash. I check everything, and it is from behind the passenger dash, sound like something loose, anyone have this problem?
It's the same problem with me.
Old 10-26-06, 10:56 AM
Axvel
Driver

Ok, Guys listen, i bought my IS350 4 days ago, and it was very quite, today i start my car to go to work, and the icon displays low tire pressure , so i drive to the tire shop and ask them to check my tires, the ask me to open the door so they can see a sticker that says how much PSI front and rear suppose to be. So they do it with a computerized compressor to stop when it reaches the correct pressure automatically, so then i start the drive and i hear a rattle in the center dash where my speaker is. So tonight i think i will lower a tire pressure by 2 PSI's and i think it should do the trick. I too have Dunlop 5000 Ultra high Performace stock tire.

I'll post the answer tomorrow

Quick Reply: Interior Noise! Do your IS have it too?