IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-06, 06:34 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default floor mats

since i frequent lotsa construction sites for work i'm thinking i should invest in a set of all weather floor mats. can anybody with the lexus all weather floor mats give me their opinion on it? i have an is250 manual and am mostly concered about the fit on a manual.

or maybe those clear plastic ones? i noticed a set on lexus-parts.com but not sure if those are cut to fit and specific to the is. i bought a set of clear vinyl ones at target the other day and they slide around like no other!
Old 06-07-06, 06:38 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
since i frequent lotsa construction sites for work i'm thinking i should invest in a set of all weather floor mats. can anybody with the lexus all weather floor mats give me their opinion on it? i have an is250 manual and am mostly concered about the fit on a manual.

or maybe those clear plastic ones? i noticed a set on lexus-parts.com but not sure if those are cut to fit and specific to the is. i bought a set of clear vinyl ones at target the other day and they slide around like no other!
My dealer gave me a set of the all-weather mats when I signed the papers, so I pulled the carpet mats out immediately to keep em new. I was spoiled with the Audi Sport all-weather mats in my A4...those things were THICK and the fit couldn't have been better. The Lexus mats are nowhere near the same quality; they're much thinner and I would describe the fit as just OK compared to the fitment I was used to in the old car.
Old 06-07-06, 06:40 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

i got mine from wal mart . Paid 10$ for each and they fit perfect!
Old 06-07-06, 06:56 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the all weather floormats and would recommend them to everyone. Soiled carpeted floormats are so gross and they fit okay. My old Subaru all weathers mats were much nicer but these are still okay.
Old 06-07-06, 07:06 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by conekiller
My dealer gave me a set of the all-weather mats when I signed the papers, so I pulled the carpet mats out immediately to keep em new. I was spoiled with the Audi Sport all-weather mats in my A4...those things were THICK and the fit couldn't have been better. The Lexus mats are nowhere near the same quality; they're much thinner and I would describe the fit as just OK compared to the fitment I was used to in the old car.
perhaps you didn't get the oem lexus all-weather mats you thought you were getting out of the deal? because my all-weather mats fit perfectly and they are about a thick as anyone in the lower 48 would really need except maybe remote parts of minnesota.

get your oem all-weather lexus mats on ebay, i think they go for about $80.
Old 06-07-06, 07:18 PM
xwhite250
Driver School Candidate

Conekiller... looks like the mats you got on your deal are not the oem all weather mats...

Ultimax99... I have the all-weahter mats and definatly recommend it to all... but be carefull as IS250M, IS250AWD and IS350 all have different fit... so u gotta get the right one.
Old 06-07-06, 07:23 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kensteele
perhaps you didn't get the oem lexus all-weather mats you thought you were getting out of the deal? because my all-weather mats fit perfectly and they are about a thick as anyone in the lower 48 would really need except maybe remote parts of minnesota.

get your oem all-weather lexus mats on ebay, i think they go for about $80.
They are OEM Lexus all-weather mats.
Old 06-07-06, 07:35 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

I just got a set of OEM Lexus all-weather floor mats... they're great. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. They're nice and thick, they match the interior well, and if you get a set off Ebay like I did, they're very affordable.
Old 06-07-06, 08:04 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmm i wonder if i can just buy the driver's side one... i really like the look and feel of the carpet ones... they're so thick n plush!
Old 06-07-06, 09:11 PM
06i
Driver

can somebody post pics?

mine came with the car but i have a feeling they are not the right ones for the 350 since only 1 of the hooks on the driver side fits...

they have a cheesy "IS" logo on them...
Old 06-07-06, 10:16 PM
VietBaka
Driver School Candidate

i bought mine at wal-mart too....but i bought the clear thick ones for SUV and trucks...cost me a total of 15 bucks....they took one off since they didn't notice the extra one stuck together =P
Old 06-08-06, 09:40 AM
acsan
Driver

Just got mine from lexus-parts.com and they fit perfectly! Yeah, I'm not sure about what the other member said about them not being thick...I had a hard time cutting them off the packaging. By the way, the FEDEX shipping tag said it weighed 12.4 lbs. just to give you an idea how thick these babies are.
Old 06-08-06, 02:00 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by acsan
Just got mine from lexus-parts.com and they fit perfectly! Yeah, I'm not sure about what the other member said about them not being thick...I had a hard time cutting them off the packaging. By the way, the FEDEX shipping tag said it weighed 12.4 lbs. just to give you an idea how thick these babies are.
By "thick" I meant the Audi mats weighed almost twice that.
Old 06-08-06, 02:41 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^ yeah an my old Subaru WRX all weathers were twice as thick as the Lexus ones too.
Old 06-08-06, 02:59 PM
mike841
Driver School Candidate

So you're saying the mats you got were 12 1/2 lbs. including packaging? Thats awful heavy for 2 front mats.

Quick Reply: floor mats