IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

floor mats

Old 06-10-06, 03:00 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jinetix
That mat is shaped like that because it's for the AWD IS250 models. It has that curve on the side to accomodate the lump the AWD model has.

I told the saleman that it doesn't look right but he said that's what the part dept gave him
Old 06-10-06, 06:46 PM
is350WHT
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My all weather mats fit pretty well. I find them easier to clean than the carpet ones. Because of the hooks, you can't place the carpet ones underneath the rubber ones.
Old 06-11-06, 12:38 PM
ocdavid
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dabigman
Why do you SoCal people use these ugly mats? I can understand during winter for states where it snows...
The fact of the matter is that everyone has different lifestyles and having the rubber floormats doesn't always mean it's to protect against adverse weather. If I go hiking or to the beach and have dirty shoes, feet, or other stuff that I want to protect my carpet from, then I throw in the all weather mats. Otherwise, I use the carpeted ones.
Old 06-11-06, 08:21 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
All-weather? If I had a Toyota Tacoma, perhaps. But for the Lexus, I'd only use those during the winter. As soon as the salt and snow-melting chemicals were off the road, the carpeted mats would be back. If I was in the same situation as the original poster, driving through construction sites as part of my job, I'd buy a beater car (or truck) for work.
i only drive to a construction site and park on the street then walk in. so afterwards my shoes are always dirty n sometimes muddy. the other day i stepped in dog crap... luckily i found out before i stepped into the car. found a plastic bag in the trunk n bagged the shoe. ended up calling it a day early n drove home barefooted...
Old 06-11-06, 08:55 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
i only drive to a construction site and park on the street then walk in. so afterwards my shoes are always dirty n sometimes muddy. the other day i stepped in dog crap... luckily i found out before i stepped into the car. found a plastic bag in the trunk n bagged the shoe. ended up calling it a day early n drove home barefooted...
have you thought about having a different pair of driving shoes in the trunk that you can change into after work and for the drive home? i know it's been a long day and your tired and it's probably tough to get out of those boots but....
Old 06-11-06, 09:05 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kensteele
have you thought about having a different pair of driving shoes in the trunk that you can change into after work and for the drive home? i know it's been a long day and your tired and it's probably tough to get out of those boots but....
yeah i thought about that, but everytime i'm out i visit at least 10 sites. it's gonna be too much of a pita to switch shoes every single time... i'd start to feel like mr rogers with his shoes n sweater switching hahah.
Old 07-02-06, 06:38 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

if you do stick with the stock carpeting, remember to not wash it with water, foam cleaner only.
Old 07-02-06, 08:01 AM
yov6cam
Driver

I got all weather mats from Lexus too when I signed, and they ahve been a godsend. I work in a construction site too and wish I could keep my car from being dusty all the time, I even thought about a car cover.
Old 07-02-06, 01:36 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

i ended up gettint the clear exactmats off of ebay. it's a good fit, however, the fronts are a lot longer than the carpet floor mats. my clutch actually picked up the floor mat and got stuck underneath it while i was driving! luckily i was on the street n quickly pulled over to find out what was going on. it was pretty scary not being able to brake.
Old 07-02-06, 01:55 PM
BobsGX
Racer

i ended up gettint the clear exactmats off of ebay. it's a good fit, however, the fronts are a lot longer than the carpet floor mats. my clutch actually picked up the floor mat and got stuck underneath it while i was driving! luckily i was on the street n quickly pulled over to find out what was going on. it was pretty scary not being able to brake.
Boy, thats dangerous. Maybe you can cut some of the length off?
Old 07-02-06, 02:12 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

yeah ima trim it to make it an exact fit today... might be a lil difficult since it's pretty thick tho.
Old 07-02-06, 06:05 PM
Premier
Pit Crew

I have both the clear ones and the all weather mat. Currently the clear one is on and I love it so far. Fits perfectly and easy clean up =D
Old 07-02-06, 06:54 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yov6cam
I got all weather mats from Lexus too when I signed, and they ahve been a godsend. I work in a construction site too and wish I could keep my car from being dusty all the time, I even thought about a car cover.
i currently work for a cement company and i always keep an extra pair of shoes in the trunk.
Old 07-31-06, 03:57 PM
NotoriousB
Driver School Candidate

when i got my 250 the dealer gave me both carpet and rubber. the rubber is sitting on top of my carpet mats, and because of the hooks they never move. recomended 110%
Old 07-31-06, 04:29 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

doens't the rubber all weather mats say to remove the carpet ones before putting down the rubber ones???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: floor mats