IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What did the dealers tell you about ordering your cars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-06, 07:15 PM
gonbad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What did the dealers tell you about ordering your cars?

I have a deposit down on a IS350. I want a Lux/Nav/ML optioned one. I am on a list that as cars come in that are what I want or close I get a call and then I say yes or no. Personaly I would just prefer to order exactly what I want. I have seen posts on here that would lead me to believe that I probably would have to wait for a 2007 car. That is no problem as I am in no hurry. My current daily driver is fine for my short commute and I can always drive the Vette when I need a little rush. So what were you told about ordering a car? I would like to go back to the dealer with some better info and get what I want. Plus what were they willing to deal on. I have been getting feedback here that its MSRP or nothing.
Old 06-06-06, 07:19 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

As has been reported in a few threads already, if you want to special-order ML, you'll have to wait until at least October for the 2007 models.

Regarding "MSRP or nothing," that's definitley not the case any more. You should be able to negotiate a few thousand off MSRP, at least. It obviously depends on each individual dealer, so you're going to want to shop around. But especially with 350's, it's very common to get about $3-4k off.
Old 06-06-06, 07:29 PM
gonbad
Driver School Candidate

I would prefer to deal with my local dealer. It is at the same exit off I-10 here in Houston that my office is. They give me 2 years free maintenance plus will come and pick-up the car from me and drop it off or give me a loaner. Will they do that if I don't buy the car from them. I am not dead set on this just like the ease of it. Hell I bought the Vette from a dealer in MI and picked it up from the plant in Kentucky.
Old 06-06-06, 07:50 PM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by gonbad
I have a deposit down on a IS350. I want a Lux/Nav/ML optioned one. I am on a list that as cars come in that are what I want or close I get a call and then I say yes or no. Personaly I would just prefer to order exactly what I want. I have seen posts on here that would lead me to believe that I probably would have to wait for a 2007 car. That is no problem as I am in no hurry. My current daily driver is fine for my short commute and I can always drive the Vette when I need a little rush. So what were you told about ordering a car? I would like to go back to the dealer with some better info and get what I want. Plus what were they willing to deal on. I have been getting feedback here that its MSRP or nothing.
i ordered exactly what i wanted from my local dealer. i was also told that they are starting to get inventory now so its not MSRP or nothing anymore.
Old 06-06-06, 08:09 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Reyngel
As has been reported in a few threads already, if you want to special-order ML, you'll have to wait until at least October for the 2007 models.

Regarding "MSRP or nothing," that's definitley not the case any more. You should be able to negotiate a few thousand off MSRP, at least. It obviously depends on each individual dealer, so you're going to want to shop around. But especially with 350's, it's very common to get about $3-4k off.
You WILL NOT get $3-4k of a special order. The dealer knows you want the car, badly, or you wouldn;t be ordering it. You'll get a better deal taking one off the lot, but it may not be what you want.
Old 06-06-06, 08:16 PM
gonbad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TimboIS
You WILL NOT get $3-4k of a special order. The dealer knows you want the car, badly, or you wouldn;t be ordering it. You'll get a better deal taking one off the lot, but it may not be what you want.

Yeah I figured that. However I am a damn good negotiator. Plus I am not set on having the ML sound system and I am somewhat flexible on the color no white, black or gold. I am in no hurry so I can wait. I will just go in the Vette.
Old 06-06-06, 08:26 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I figured out exactly what I wanted. (not what I could get by with but what I wanted) Then I ordered what I wanted. Then I waited for what I wanted to come in and then I picked up exactly what I wanted when it arrived. I drove home with a big smile on my face. And I was able to get a little $ off MSPR at that. Not as many $'s off as I would have hoped for but then again this was in January.

I think ordering and waiting is worth it. IMOP only.
Old 06-06-06, 08:28 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexustom
I figured out exactly what I wanted. (not what I could get by with but what I wanted) Then I ordered what I wanted. Then I waited for what I wanted to come in and then I picked up exactly what I wanted when it arrived. I drove home with a big smile on my face. And I was able to get a little $ off MSPR at that. Not as many $'s off as I would have hoped for but then again this was in January.

I think ordering and waiting is worth it. IMOP only.
i hear that . . .
Old 06-06-06, 11:56 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Not true. I special-ordered mine, and got $3k off MSRP. I was also quoted $1k over invoice from another dealership for a special order. It all depends on who you deal with. Like I said, shopping around really helps.
Old 06-07-06, 02:49 AM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they said it would be there in a week, and it was there in a week, my b/b is350 with nav and ML...
Old 06-07-06, 07:52 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Reyngel
Not true. I special-ordered mine, and got $3k off MSRP. I was also quoted $1k over invoice from another dealership for a special order. It all depends on who you deal with. Like I said, shopping around really helps.
This is your car right:

IS250 RWD, SGM/Black, Premium Package, Preferred Accessory Package, 18" wheels

No offense, but that doesn't look like a special order config. Plus I doubt you waited 3-4 months for that. So I can see getting a big discount on that setup.
Old 06-07-06, 07:56 AM
TurboRush
Driver School Candidate

I guess it depends how much you care... me personally, I am not going to fork over $40k for something that is not exactly what I want... maybe if I was buying a used car for $10k I would be more willing... I dunno, when I get my car I will be in it for 5 years so I better really like everything about it that I have control over...
Old 06-07-06, 08:14 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I got over 3k off on my special order (car in the sig) back in march, and that was done within 10 minutes of dealing, and 2 phonecalls. They then searched for two weeks before placing my order on the upcoming list. The dealer is looking to move units, as it reflects better when they can increase volume, not necessarily price- they know they'll make profit even at invoice. It really depends on how you play your hand, and secondly the salesman. Based on how I presented both myself and the offer, my salesman understood from the getgo that we weren't doing the usual haggle for hours, for marginal gains.

gonbad,
The bottom line, is that they need your business...you want a car. So long as you control your wallet, you can better dictate your price, and someone will be willing to accept. You may have to broaden your search, but you just may find that it is worth it.
Old 06-07-06, 08:16 AM
Jay Slay
Driver

my dealer in greenwich just told me to pick a date..lol..and i would have it..and he was right!!

IS350 Sport..Micah Grey with Black leather, Nav..etc.
Old 06-07-06, 09:32 AM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

This is your car right:

IS250 RWD, SGM/Black, Premium Package, Preferred Accessory Package, 18" wheels

No offense, but that doesn't look like a special order config. Plus I doubt you waited 3-4 months for that. So I can see getting a big discount on that setup.
It actually was a special order, because there were absolutely no models available that didn't have Nav. And I did have to wait quite a bit for it to arrive on the boat.

Originally, I inquired about a 350 without Nav, and was also told I had to special-order it since they just didn't make too many of them. A southern California dealer offered me $1k above invoice for the special order.

Quick Reply: What did the dealers tell you about ordering your cars?