IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fold-in side-view mirors

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-06, 01:24 PM
JoeysIS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fold-in side-view mirors

Are the mirrors on the IS 250 AWD with navigation supposed to have automatic fold-in side view mirrows. According to the Lexus webpage: "Power-adjustable, auto-folding outside mirrors with puddle lamps" My mirrors don't have auto-folding. Do anyone elses?

Thanks
Old 06-02-06, 01:27 PM
Bengalfang
Driver

Negative. I think the ones in Japan or Europe do that.

Originally Posted by JoeysIS250
Are the mirrors on the IS 250 AWD with navigation supposed to have automatic fold-in side view mirrows. According to the Lexus webpage: "Power-adjustable, auto-folding outside mirrors with puddle lamps" My mirrors don't have auto-folding. Do anyone elses?

Thanks
Old 06-02-06, 01:27 PM
Turkoman
Pole Position

I think that is a typo there and has been discussed here before. The European versions have auto-folding mirrors. Lexus I guess felt that it is not a necessary feature here for the Yanks. Wish they had made it optional like the headlampwashers. I would have taken auto-folding mirrors over those.
Old 06-02-06, 01:51 PM
BN06
Rookie

Originally Posted by Turkoman
Wish they had made it optional like the headlampwashers. I would have taken auto-folding mirrors over those.
I could not agree more. Headlamp washers are a semi-useful convenience but here on the tight streets of Boston, folding mirrors (especially these suckers), would be very useful. I guess its one of those things. A majority of people could probably care less about auto-folding mirrors.
Old 06-02-06, 01:59 PM
JoeysIS250
Driver School Candidate

I wish I had the folding mirrors. I've seen way too many mirrirs hanging off cars or duct taped on here in Boston. I wish the car came with a car wash though, not just headlamp washers. My car gets dirty hours after I get it cleaned because of the tree I have to park under at my apt. I need to get a cover ASAP.

Thanks for the quick replies.
Old 06-02-06, 02:12 PM
BN06
Rookie

Originally Posted by JoeysIS250
My car gets dirty hours after I get it cleaned because of the tree I have to park under at my apt.
I love the mirrors that are just "missing." People get so tired of replacing them they just give up. The pollen that last few days has been INSANE. Car Covers can be a pain when parked under a tree(s). You are probably better off keeping the surface covered with a synthetic protectant (Klasse, Zaino) and washing regularly. I park in a clean enclosed garage and my Blue Onyx need to be dusted daily.
Old 06-29-06, 12:50 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

possible typo. couldn't find where it says folding. but does say tilting, when you throw the car in reverse to see the curb. for those who don't know how to PP. folding in mirrors would be great if the IS was an SUV........ doh!
Old 06-29-06, 08:10 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

i rode in my buddys LS430 the other day and they have the auto-folding mirrors. . . wished we had some
Old 06-29-06, 01:22 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

from the other forums they talked about how they auto-fold if you bump into them... for example if someone walks by and clips it, they will fold in real easily. Its nice, because its happened to me a few times. and it doesnt even leave scratches on the mirror. Whats also nice is that they quick fold in both directions, so they wont break off if they go backwards. awesome feature. too bad its just not power though.
Old 06-29-06, 09:48 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to have auto folding mirrors as well. I have a habbit of folding in driver side mirror when I park on the street. The mirror on my CRV has been hit 3 times. All 3 times the mirror folded the other way. Fortunately, the mirror wasn't damaged.
Old 06-29-06, 10:33 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

is there a way to get jdm side mirrors and installing it on our cars and maybe wiring something up to activate the motor inside? or is it not that easy? hahah
Old 06-30-06, 09:38 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

the mirrors should fold in when you put it in reverse, how cool would that be
Old 06-30-06, 10:50 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by uschardcor
but then how will you see what's to the side of you??? and that'll defeat the auto tilting mirrors.
Old 06-30-06, 04:13 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

um you turn your head. trust me the monstrous rear views can get int he way, espeically backing out of a tight garage :-\
Old 07-02-06, 07:32 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by uschardcor
Maybe they could also have headlights that automatically turn off at night... Or a/c that automatically turns off when it gets hot out.

Quick Reply: Fold-in side-view mirors