IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is A Lexus Still A Lexus After Major Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-06, 12:19 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is A Lexus Still A Lexus After Major Mods?

I see it here and on the streets, modifications to the 250 and 350.....One car changed the wheels, droped it, added diffrent tail pipes and changed the colors of the lights. He added some logo on the front windshield (some club he belongs too) as well the back....................he even had the nerve to remove the Lexus and 250 wording, just left the "L" on the trunk. I didnt have my camera or I would have taken a few to give you and idea of what I'm refering too.

I liked the way the Lexus looked as is....with no mods.....Thats why I bought it...so my questions is, when does the Lexus stop being a Lexus after mods? Or better yet, why mod a perfectly good lookng car? (tint not included.....in some states it's a must)

Old 05-28-06, 12:28 PM
mort
Lead Lap

Always a Lexus, just with ones personal touch.
Old 05-28-06, 12:28 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

To each is their own. If you dont like mods and are happy with your lexus, thats great. But I think for a lot of people its very much about personalizing their car. Of course some people do a lot more than others.
Old 05-28-06, 12:41 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you the same person after having cosmetic surgery? Of course!

Having an ultra-modded Lexus means that you have a Lexus with bigger *****. People just like them better...
Old 05-28-06, 12:59 PM
Smooth1
Rookie

Default Mods

You know what is really funny, when I purchased my car I told myself this car is really nice just the way it is and doesn't need anything at all. Then I found this forum and and looked at the cars that had rims (( drooling mouth watering etc )) . Then I thought ok I will purchase some rims and that's it, then I saw some other guys that lowered their cars and thought it looked awesome, but didnt want to lower the car because I did not want a harsh ride. Codylexus took me for a cruise and my worries about a harsh ride dissipated.

It's all Clublexus's fault that I have rims and soon to be 1 inch drop.
Old 05-28-06, 01:11 PM
CodyLexus
Driver

I felt the exact same way, no mods just stock is good enough. It's a LEXUS. But then it started, just a set of rims I told myself. Then it was the drop. I think I'm the first to admit that I have a problem. I can't stop modding, and Club Lexus is to blame. It's all your fault that I am addicted.
Old 05-28-06, 01:41 PM
Smooth1
Rookie

Codylexus
How did the rim come out, hope it looks nice got any pictures ???
Old 05-28-06, 03:43 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Are you the same person after having cosmetic surgery? Of course!

Having an ultra-modded Lexus means that you have a Lexus with bigger *****. People just like them better...

Too many modification's don't make for the better!.....Example.

Old 05-28-06, 03:47 PM
motoguci
Driver

Originally Posted by Smooth1
You know what is really funny, when I purchased my car I told myself this car is really nice just the way it is and doesn't need anything at all. Then I found this forum and and looked at the cars that had rims (( drooling mouth watering etc )) . Then I thought ok I will purchase some rims and that's it, then I saw some other guys that lowered their cars and thought it looked awesome, but didnt want to lower the car because I did not want a harsh ride. Codylexus took me for a cruise and my worries about a harsh ride dissipated.

It's all Clublexus's fault that I have rims and soon to be 1 inch drop.

LoL, we all say that. Really if you had no intention on moding you car rims, drop etc... WHY WOULD ANY PERSON JOIN A FORUM? ? Chances are, someone will have done something to their car that makes you think... ohh that looks great I think I need that... I will have to get it tomorrow.
Old 05-28-06, 04:14 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WhoDat
Too many modification's don't make for the better!.....Example.
Eeeww...

Touche.
Old 05-28-06, 04:32 PM
Ryuken
Driver School Candidate

People will get bit by the modbug. Sometimes changing one thing isn't enough. It'll just lead to another mod and then another mod. It's all a vicious cycle. The one thing that'll probably stop you is your gf/wife or when you run outta funds. Hey the next paycheck is only 2 weeks away haha!
Old 05-28-06, 04:32 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mort
Always a Lexus, just with ones personal touch.
I would have to agree . . .
Old 05-28-06, 10:06 PM
lexy250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another reason for modding idk if anyone said this is because.....would you like to drive around a car that a whole bunch of other ppl are driving...and say hey thats my twin...no you want individualism...if thats even a word haha..i want ppl to look at my car then look at a stock one and say dam that ****s nice...it makes your day =P
Old 05-28-06, 10:35 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Honestly, i bought my IS with intention to mod it. I picked the IS becuase it was new and i havent seen one modded. Regardless of what mods are done its still a Lexus... Everyone will have their own opinions of what mods they think are tasteful or tacky. I like a clean look but others may think what i like is ugly. Bottom line... mod your car the way you want.
Old 05-28-06, 10:42 PM
Dj Rando
Pole Position

A LEX IS STILL A LEX.......Ask Biggie....He watched tv in his lex...A LEX is what you make it, and I'll tell you one thing for sure. I get a hell of a lot more compliments on my LEX now, then I did when I first bought it. Why be just like everyone....FIND YOUR STYLE......

Quick Reply: Is A Lexus Still A Lexus After Major Mods?