IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Urgggg Creaking Back window when sun hits it

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-07, 02:01 AM
marlu
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in a hurry to pick the car up, so i will call the service rep next week to ask them what they did for the rear window
Old 05-30-07, 11:06 AM
mort
Lead Lap

Well like magic, my creak stopped completely about a week ago, I did not want to report this until it remained gone for a period of time. Weather has been hot and sunny and it has just disappeared. Hope I didn't jinx myself reporting this and will keep my fingers crossed that it is gone for good. Perhaps those clips get worn down after awhile from rubbing whatever they rub against and then no longer present the problem.
Old 06-01-07, 06:23 PM
lexi06
Rookie

Originally Posted by mort
Well like magic, my creak stopped completely about a week ago, I did not want to report this until it remained gone for a period of time. Weather has been hot and sunny and it has just disappeared. Hope I didn't jinx myself reporting this and will keep my fingers crossed that it is gone for good. Perhaps those clips get worn down after awhile from rubbing whatever they rub against and then no longer present the problem.
Or the heat caused the materials to expand and made a tighter fit, diminishing
the noise. It got up to 90F today with the sun, no creak.
Old 06-01-07, 10:50 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi06
Or the heat caused the materials to expand and made a tighter fit, diminishing
the noise. It got up to 90F today with the sun, no creak.
I had this problem in the winter. The water would freeze where the rubber is (between the window and body) and it would drive me crazy. I would have to manually go outside and chip away and remove all the ice around there.

This is absurd, it's the only car that I've ever had to do this to.
Old 06-03-07, 04:05 PM
PharmISee
Driver

it seems many of us have this problem. Is it probable there will be a TSB released on this? I am planning to take my car in and wondered if I should actually wait until a TSB is released, or to just let them see if they can fix the problem.
Old 06-03-07, 05:49 PM
lexudv
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PharmISee
it seems many of us have this problem. Is it probable there will be a TSB released on this? I am planning to take my car in and wondered if I should actually wait until a TSB is released, or to just let them see if they can fix the problem.
I have the same question. It was 82 today and the sound was non stop and very annoying I don't know whether I should take it in or wait for a TSB. Hopefully it won't take long since it seems that a lot of people have this problem. Anyone have any info on this ??
Old 06-07-07, 10:50 AM
marlu
Driver

Uppdate, still no anoying sounds. I asked what they did with the rear window and i was told that they replaced it.
Old 06-26-07, 04:17 PM
ucdmoo
Rookie

I have the same problem with the rear windshield in my 2007 IS. It's becoming more annoying now that the weather is heating up. Is there a TSIB for the rear windshield on the 2IS yet?
Old 06-27-07, 07:39 AM
mir
Driver

I think some of the rattles and creaks are from normal expansion. Mine did once after the car sat under hot sun for a long time. Dash was so hot I could not touch it with bar hands. I turned the AC on and it creaked for a minute or so and then went away. The weather has been mild since then so I have not heard it back. No rattle on back window yet. Keeping fingers crossed.

BTW I had the same thing on my Nissan Xterra as well. Every spring it will creak for a couple of weeks and then stop. :-)
Old 11-21-07, 01:58 PM
PharmISee
Driver

Longo also said that they couldnt confirm the rattling in the back. It was cold outside, and I told him it only happened under warmer conditions. I also recommended that it was the clips holding the back windshield, but the consultant said that they couldnt trust an online source.
Old 11-26-07, 05:44 AM
is250gurl
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

my 2007 IS250 does the same exact thing! it's the absolute worst on the highway where it's not as smooth. hot or cold i hear it and it's driving me crazy! i definitely turn up the radio. i mentioned it at my 10k oil change and they said to bring it back to be looked at but i would hate to have them tear the car apart with no tsb. a lexus should not make noise like this.
Old 05-28-08, 02:19 PM
jason_v2
Driver School Candidate

my car does the exact same thing.. brought it into the dealer a few days ago.. now they are blaming my tinted windows! is there a TSIB pdf that I can bring to them or anything at all that i can do...
Old 05-28-08, 07:18 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

so they will replace the rear windshield and that solves it? hummm..so what if I had tints on the rear windshield? will they replace it under warranty too??

mine also creaks sometimes..maybe 1 in 7 times it's under the sun..it's definetely annoying when it creaks..i'm taking it to the dealer hoping the sound is there when the tech looks at it..
Old 05-28-08, 11:19 PM
jason_v2
Driver School Candidate

they wanted $1250 to replace the rear windshield because i had tints on (not covered under warranty).... completely wack imo. im thinking they just couldnt find the problem and wanted to blame the tints and throw some astronomical repair number at me so that i would be discouraged from fixing it... really lame.. i know a lot of people have this problem, too so maybe i'll take some posts and show them to the dealer..

maybe the TSIB for the GS will shed some light on the situation..
Old 05-29-08, 10:05 AM
lexudv
Pole Position

I had the exact same problem, but mine was caused by a poor weld spot. I posted this here before with details on what the service ticket had. If you do a search for it you can find it.

Quick Reply: Urgggg Creaking Back window when sun hits it