IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Urgggg Creaking Back window when sun hits it

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-07, 09:37 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I want t know.Will the TSB cover the rear windshield???
Old 05-04-07, 11:58 AM
marlu
Driver

I have found a TSIB that addresses the creaking noice from the back window, but it's for the GS. So i'm thinking if the design of the rear windows are the same on the IS then it would be the realy simple to fix it.

Here is the PDF
Attached Files
Old 05-04-07, 02:38 PM
lexusam
Driver School Candidate

just picked up my car after having it serviced for the rear windshield squeak noise. They called me last night and told me the noise was gone but the moment I took it out of the lot, the noise came back! I turned back right away and told them the noise was still there. Already frustrated out of my mind, I showed him the TSIB that was posted here and he said it wouldnt apply to the IS because it says its for the 06 GS. They said they would try it again but if it happens again afterwards, they said "theres nothing we can do from there". WTF!? Theres nothing they can do!?!? Man...some service this dealer is offering...has anyone tried calling the Corp. about this problem?
Old 05-05-07, 10:32 AM
jasonviper
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sybot666
My is250 makes the same annoying cracking/ticking/popping noise from the back windshield. I've called in and make appointment to bring my car in May 7. Actually had this problem last year for a few days then it when away but it has returned and wouldn't go away now. My is250 is starting to make alot of noises everywhere now and it is becoming very annoying. The dealer fixed the center console noise a few months back and, at least, that part is still good.
Do you still have that appointment on monday??
Old 05-23-07, 05:19 PM
lexi06
Rookie

My '06 IS was doing the same thing since Spring began
when it was sunny and temps were above 50F.
It started out as a loud tick/pop when driving over bumps or uneven pavement.
After a couple of weeks the sound turned to a creak. And after a few more
bumpy rides, it's now gone. I had a Lexus tech ride with me, he heard it but
it was faint, the sound had diminished over time. I'd say monitor it for a few
weeks/month and see if the noise changes.
Old 05-23-07, 06:17 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 567 Likes on 389 Posts

Is this an issue with both 06's and 07's, or just 06's?
Old 05-24-07, 10:14 AM
marlu
Driver

Mine is at the dealer right now to get it fixed. I will post an update when have it back.
Old 05-24-07, 03:35 PM
ryan126
Driver School Candidate

I also have the same problem (2006 IS350) and it only comes when it is hot. I have taken it to the dealer over 5 times to get it fixed and it has not been taken care of. I will schedule an appointment next week with Longo and post if it gets fixed.
Old 05-24-07, 11:33 PM
dspIS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I have the same problem with my dash cracking and popping when I first start up the ar after a lot of direct sun. I live in Arizona, 105 - 115 past month and it really pops and cracks. It does it for about 15-20 seconds and then settles, but is anoying as hell. Anyone take this issue into a dealer yet? I read the answers about the back window, but my issue is the front.
mine does the same thing, but mine is not as bad as you described. i just experience one quick popping sound every once in a while.
Old 05-25-07, 01:27 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

YO! everyone. Does your window rattle sound like this >> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...80028928&hl=en

If there is no TSIB for your back glass rattle, don't get it fixed. They will tear out your headliner and make things looser. Complain to Lexus HQ to get the GS rattle TSIB applied to the IS.
Wait till a TSB comes out.

The stupid people at the Lexus dealerships have to follow protocol, or else they won't get paid for warranty work.
So just wait it out. The rattle isn't a major problem.
Old 05-25-07, 06:50 AM
mort
Lead Lap

Yup, that is pretty much what mine sounds like, maybe a little higher pitched which might not be so obvious in the video, but I would say I share the same problem with you. Be curious how many feel the same after listening to yours.
Old 05-25-07, 10:41 AM
sybot666
Driver School Candidate

Yup, my sounded the same but was more rapid. I took my car in to longo with regard to this problem early this May but they couldn't locate the noise. The noise was actually gone for about 2 weeks after i got the car back but the noise came back this week. The noise wouldn't be such a big problem but, with friends riding along, its quite embarrassing. Now, if I turn up my music to above the 30 mark, a buzzing sound (like something is loose) starts to come out from around the speakers area (back deck and side front doors). Love everything about car but the noises are starting to be quite annoying.
Old 05-25-07, 11:27 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sybot666
Yup, my sounded the same but was more rapid. I took my car in to longo with regard to this problem early this May but they couldn't locate the noise. The noise was actually gone for about 2 weeks after i got the car back but the noise came back this week. The noise wouldn't be such a big problem but, with friends riding along, its quite embarrassing. Now, if I turn up my music to above the 30 mark, a buzzing sound (like something is loose) starts to come out from around the speakers area (back deck and side front doors). Love everything about car but the noises are starting to be quite annoying.

longo sucks. they can't diagnose squat. They'll even want to send your car to the body shop even if you don't need it.
Your noise might have gone away for 2 weeks because they mustve used some felt tape somewhere.

longo won't stray from protocol and fix the window clips unless toyota HQ allows them to.

Is there even a TSIB on this rear glass rattle?
Old 05-25-07, 12:58 PM
marlu
Driver

I got my car back from the dealer today and it appears like they have fixed it, no irritating noice yet. I will go for a longer trip tomorrow to check it out.
Old 05-25-07, 11:16 PM
gizbx4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by marlu
I got my car back from the dealer today and it appears like they have fixed it, no irritating noice yet. I will go for a longer trip tomorrow to check it out.
what exactly did they do?

Quick Reply: Urgggg Creaking Back window when sun hits it