IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Service Dept stole my iPod...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-06, 11:58 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Dept stole my iPod...

So I brought in my vehicle for servicing at Lexus of Glendale for the first time last week. I've had my car for about a month and a half and already got keyed and a few scratches on it. I have the Ultimate Protection Program with them that covers all those with a $100 deductable.

Anyways, I live in Santa Barbara, and was already inconvenienced for having to drive to glendale for the service, since none of the other dealerships offer that program. To add to it, they didnt have anymore loaner vehicles when I had even requested one, so they had to give a Hertz rental car.

So, it being my first time servicing my IS250, I had forgotten to check my center armrest compartment and take out my iPod. So I picked up my car a couple days later, and was driving back to Santa Barbara only to find that my iPod was MISSING!!!!! Even the auxilary cord was taken out!!!! I was soooo pissed! I immediately called the service dept, and since then have talked to 3 people. No one has given my a response yet, and I am even considering never going back to that dealership for service.

I've left stuff in my mom's Acura before on accident and nothing has ever been stolen. I cant believe at a Lexus Dealership someone would steal my iPod. I hope they find out who it was and get it back!

Im just venting, thanks

-- I'm sure some of you will say its my fault because I left it in there... but I am upset that they dont have the respect for someone else's stuff. I'm pissed!
Old 05-15-06, 12:05 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah- some news station did a story about car wash shops jacking small change and stuff from cars here in Arizona.

it was happening ALL OVER...

sorry to hear about your loss man. i'd go back and talk to the manager or whoever helped you with your paperwork. raise hell, talk to the gm of the dealership, don't give up!
Old 05-15-06, 12:18 AM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Think thats bad?

Try a Chevy dealer.

I used to have an 01 SS Camaro and when I took it in for service for the day, the service department pretty much looted my vehicle. My digital camera that was in the glove box was stolen, they even went as far as to steal my aftermarket headlights!!

I had a friend had his subwoofer stolen!
Old 05-15-06, 12:58 AM
frylai
Driver

No I don't think thats your fault at all, Lexus being a luxury car should not tolerate this kind of attitude in any part of the dealership, I have lefted stuff in my IS before and nothing ever gets moved. Cash etc etc. If Glendale don't do anything about it I sugess you contact Lexus USA atleast just to let them know it's going on at their dealers so atleast there won't be a next victim.

Matt =)
Old 05-15-06, 02:47 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by S54toIS350
Think thats bad?

Try a Chevy dealer.

I used to have an 01 SS Camaro and when I took it in for service for the day, the service department pretty much looted my vehicle. My digital camera that was in the glove box was stolen, they even went as far as to steal my aftermarket headlights!!

I had a friend had his subwoofer stolen!
Haha, thats a nice username you have there. I assume you went from a M3 to the IS? Why the switch. Not that the IS is bad, but c'mon it's an M3 man Either way, I would take either car in a heartbeat.

As for the Chevy dealership jacking your stuff...thats freakin terrible! I havent had anything stolen out of my car from the dealership yet, but I would raise hell if anything was missing. I understand how they can take the camera since it's so small, but the headlights...what were they thinking? Did the car roll out of the service dept with no headlights on? I guess the guys in the service dept thougt you wouldn't notice lol
Old 05-15-06, 04:13 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only problem with key marks and scratches is that, the car normally has to leave the dealer and go to some contractor for the work to be done
Old 05-15-06, 04:24 AM
jinetix
Pole Position

Wow, I left my iPod in the car and it's at Lexus of Glendale right now. It's been there for the past week or more. I hope everything is still there.

They left pry marks and scratches all over my navigation faceplate and air vents so they're replacing it. They gave me a Hertz rent-a-car the first day. I went back and noticed the scratches and they took the car back and gave me a ES330 loaner. I got called back 4-5 days later and I realized that only replaced the air vents. They took the car back again and I requested an RX330 and they gave it to me. I also received a complimentary Team Lexus cap for the inconvenience. I love the service so far.

My service advisor is Rick Fong, and he's pretty friendly and goes out of his way to help you. He even offered to deliver the RX loaner to my house to switch with the ES because he didn't have one at the time when I requested. Tell him David with the Black IS350 sent you.
Old 05-15-06, 04:25 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
The only problem with key marks and scratches is that, the car normally has to leave the dealer and go to some contractor for the work to be done
that's what i was going to say, you are accusing the lexus dealership for the theft when it could have been anyone. sure your car is under the control of lexus and it's their responsibility and they probably should replace your ipod but that's a bit different than lexus actually stealing your ipod. could have been anyone and we all know that "anyone" will steal your ipod.

so if your car was going to be out of two days or more, why leave your ipod in it? what do you think lexus should have done if they were going to send out your car and noticed that all your goodies are still in the car? secure your items for you? probably. so i know it happens but i've never had similar experience yet my radar detector stays mounted in the car always and i still have it for now (acura and lexus). that and my phones but an ipod, i still need that even in my rental car.
Old 05-15-06, 06:57 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, that sucks man. I had mine in Lexus of Tampa Bay for about a week to fix the broken window and had my IPod and a whole bunch of other stuff in there, it was all there when I got the car back.
Old 05-15-06, 08:39 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jinetix
They left pry marks and scratches all over my navigation faceplate and air vents so they're replacing it. They gave me a Hertz rent-a-car the first day. I went back and noticed the scratches and they took the car back and gave me a ES330 loaner. I got called back 4-5 days later and I realized that only replaced the air vents. They took the car back again and I requested an RX330 and they gave it to me. I also received a complimentary Team Lexus cap for the inconvenience. I love the service so far.
Try to get back your old Nav screen if you can. I bet you can get a pretty penny for it on ebay.

As far as leaving stuff in my car while its in service... Listen to Stone Cold Steve Austin. Dont trust anybody... especially a rattlesnake.
Old 05-15-06, 09:08 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Go to Glendale Poli\ce and file a police report. prolly won't do anything, but at least they will know your serious.
Old 05-15-06, 09:11 AM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Haha, thats a nice username you have there. I assume you went from a M3 to the IS? Why the switch. Not that the IS is bad, but c'mon it's an M3 man Either way, I would take either car in a heartbeat.

As for the Chevy dealership jacking your stuff...thats freakin terrible! I havent had anything stolen out of my car from the dealership yet, but I would raise hell if anything was missing. I understand how they can take the camera since it's so small, but the headlights...what were they thinking? Did the car roll out of the service dept with no headlights on? I guess the guys in the service dept thougt you wouldn't notice lol
The switch wasn't as difficult as many might think. I've had the M for 4 years, and had about 70k on it. Almost everything rattles, (suspension upgrade/ exhaust) maintainence was a b*tch because I had to change the brakes, clutch and do an engine inspection (motor replaced at 47k)

I figured I'm probably going to enjoy this car for a year or so and trade it in for something else, hell... I might keep it for the lease term the way this is going because I love it
Old 05-15-06, 09:12 AM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
that's what i was going to say, you are accusing the lexus dealership for the theft when it could have been anyone. sure your car is under the control of lexus and it's their responsibility and they probably should replace your ipod but that's a bit different than lexus actually stealing your ipod. could have been anyone and we all know that "anyone" will steal your ipod.

so if your car was going to be out of two days or more, why leave your ipod in it? what do you think lexus should have done if they were going to send out your car and noticed that all your goodies are still in the car? secure your items for you? probably. so i know it happens but i've never had similar experience yet my radar detector stays mounted in the car always and i still have it for now (acura and lexus). that and my phones but an ipod, i still need that even in my rental car.
I left my iPod in there on accident... I forgot to take it out when I left my car.
Old 05-15-06, 09:14 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks dude. I sometimes leave things in there on accident. But I usually make sure I take my valuables.

Like someone said, you took it in for key marks, which will require a trip to a 3rd party body shop. So it might have been them. Try to get the information on the body shop they took it to.
Old 05-15-06, 09:23 AM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

I think most of you guys are missing the point. Honestly, Lexus should be responsible for any theft and damages. When you drop off your car, it is out of your hands, you can't dictate whether or not lexus uses contract work or inhouse work.

If there is a theif in their department, I guarantee you he won't stop until caught, who knows... maybe he is in it with other co-workers as well.

Sure, tangible items such as an I pod, digital camera, money are more likely to get stolen, but what if theif needs something else? Whos to know where he will stop? Like in my situation, where I had my aftermarket headlights replaced with stock headlights, or my friend who had his subwoofer stolen. Granted the service workers at Chevy didn't speak any English, so in a way, I was to blame and I should have known better... but LEXUS? Intolerable!

I normally go to the shooting range and my cabin is littered with ammunition, so I highly doubt anyone will have the ***** to steal from my car. I also leave my friends business car laying in plain sight, (LAPD Sargeant)

Quick Reply: Service Dept stole my iPod...