IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Service Dept stole my iPod...

Old 05-16-06, 12:22 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Francis
When I got my RX back from service dept. at Crown Lexus Ontario ca last summer. I reailized that my ac being set to maxcold. I was unhappy about that since the service was nothing to do with ac. Anyway, no big deal compare to you guys. But so far I like Longo Lexus ca better. Give it a try next time.

Francis 99' RX
Oddly enough, when I picked up my IS250 my AC was set to max cold too.... dont know why they do that.
Old 05-16-06, 12:24 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of us really don't need a sign to tell us to secure our own property because nobody other than you is gonna give a ***** about your stuff. You learn that over the years, usually the hard way. Lexus is nice, the risk is considerably less on their premises, but people are people in the long run. I'd rather have my own ipod than the $200 replacement money for it, but good for you (and for Lexus for coming thru since they are responsible, sign or no sign posted) it's better than nothing.

Don't anyone be so naive as to leave credit cards or cash or small electronics laying around, else it will be gone (that the pessimistic side of me coming out). If you can't stand to part with it, if it precious, you won't forget to keep it with you. Lexus ain't fort knox, people (employees) come and go from there all the time.
Old 05-16-06, 12:32 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

yup.... this was definitely a reality check. from now on im going to lock the trunk and glove compartment with all my personals in there. I just gave them my keyfob without the key... is that what everyone else does with their IS?
Old 05-16-06, 12:37 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inecstaz
yup.... this was definitely a reality check. from now on im going to lock the trunk and glove compartment with all my personals in there. I just gave them my keyfob without the key... is that what everyone else does with their IS?
actually if the service call is planned, i remove my valuables and leave them at home, where they belong, not in a car. a car is simply not secure enough for me.

but then again, i keep very little valuable stuff in my car anyway so it's not difficult to put everything in a small box and leave it in the garage for the day. only my v1 survives the trip because i can't possibly make it to the dealership and back 6 miles away without one lol.
Old 05-16-06, 03:33 PM
BobsGX
Racer

When I am going to take the car in for service, be it an oil change(I'll wait), or for a longer time, I only leave in the car what it came with on day of delivery. Why tempt some $8.00 an hour car lot jockey by leaving a cell phone, ipod, etc. in the car. Then again, I keep a very clean and orderly car, inside and out, so its easy to remove the few items I do normally carry in the car.
Old 09-18-13, 10:21 AM
armen76
Driver School Candidate

Default lexus of glendale

i took my car to dealership (lexus of glendale) for recall last two days a go
when i pick up the car i discover that my ipod is missing from glove box i sooo pieced of !! i comeback to dealer no body response!!!
i will never comeback to that dealer again
i tried to post this on their Facebook page but it didn't go trough !!! shame
Old 09-18-13, 10:25 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

About a year ago an IPod was stolen from my son in law's LS while in service but the dealership did get him a new one..
Old 09-18-13, 11:34 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if I will be of assistance. I recently finished a business law course as it's apart of my accounting program. I remember learning that unless you DISCLOSE everything in your car to the service, they will be free of any liabilities that come with servicing your vehicle such as missing items or good. For example. If you go to coat check and you make sure management knows you have lets say a diamond necklace in the coat, if the employees steal it then the company will therefore be liable. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm just restating what my textbook said.