IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

XenonDepot HID Install... now CEL, VSC, Trac. Control and other lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-06, 08:28 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XenonDepot HID Install... now CEL, VSC, Trac. Control and other lights

I just installed my xenon depot 8000k HID's in the low beams and now when I start the car, all these lights are. Whats up with this? I can only control each window from each door (I can only open the drivers window from the drivers door, the other ones from the other doors). Is this going to go away? WTF?

I connected it with the relay kit... connected each poer wire to the positive side of the battery... grounded both to different spots. Everything is connected fine and the HID's work perfect. Why is it doing this? I did disconnect the positive terminal at first in order to put on the power cable from the relay, if that makes a difference.

Someone please help! The car works fine otherwise and even though the traction control and vsc lights are on, I believe the system itself is working fine.
Old 05-10-06, 08:31 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

here is a pic so u can see what lights are on.
Attached Thumbnails XenonDepot HID Install... now CEL, VSC, Trac. Control and other lights-photo-36.jpg  
Old 05-10-06, 08:58 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Check and see if you have a BLOWN fuse? It looks like there is an electrical issue. I'm not sure unpluging the battery would do that, because I have already unpluged mine and nothing like this happened. By the way--i have HID's installed

If it persist, take out the HIDS and take it back to the dealership and tell them you dont know what happend :X
Old 05-10-06, 10:26 PM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about your dash lights but you will have to re-program your windows. Same thing happened to me.

All you got to do is go to every window and hold the button down for 15 seconds, bring it back up in that position for 15 seconds and that should do the trick.

Hope you can figure out what the other problems are.

-Mike
Old 05-10-06, 10:32 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Did you disconnect anything else on the car or anything like that?
Old 05-10-06, 10:44 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cbbkrayz
I don't know about your dash lights but you will have to re-program your windows. Same thing happened to me.

All you got to do is go to every window and hold the button down for 15 seconds, bring it back up in that position for 15 seconds and that should do the trick.

Hope you can figure out what the other problems are.

-Mike
Ahhh yes that will work!!!
Old 05-10-06, 11:18 PM
johung
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

i had the same problem too. i fixed it by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it after a few minutes. Should work.
Old 05-11-06, 05:15 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by johung
i had the same problem too. i fixed it by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it after a few minutes. Should work.
THIS WORKED!

thanks for the help. i still find it very odd that this happened though.
Old 05-11-06, 10:30 AM
johung
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome
Old 05-11-06, 10:36 AM
varok
Driver

Funny thing bout this car is you need to "reboot" it to make some stuff work...
Old 05-11-06, 11:25 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I am just too lazy to search.

Is there a way to connect Xenon Depot kit without using relays and extra wiring direclty from the battery terminal. I dont really feel comfortable positive wire hanging inside the car. I bought the kit and i am just too lazy to install it.
Old 05-11-06, 11:32 AM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by STIG
I am just too lazy to search.

Is there a way to connect Xenon Depot kit without using relays and extra wiring direclty from the battery terminal. I dont really feel comfortable positive wire hanging inside the car. I bought the kit and i am just too lazy to install it.
Yeah you can. You don't HAVE TO use the relay, but I would recommend using the relay since when the HIDs start up they draw more power then the stock bulbs. All you have to do is instead of plugging the ballast/igniter to the relay just plug it to your stock harness (basically bypass the relay). The connectors will be slightly different though since the kit was meant to be used with the relay, but you can just swap out the connectors. If you look inside the connector there's a little tab to remove the connector from the wires, so you would just have to swap the connector from the relay and ballast/igniter. I hope this makes sense I think its more work then going the relay method.

Why do you not feel comfortable having the postive wire hanging inside the car? Just zip tie everythign in place and it will be fine.
Old 05-11-06, 01:48 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by teejnut
Yeah you can. You don't HAVE TO use the relay, but I would recommend using the relay since when the HIDs start up they draw more power then the stock bulbs. All you have to do is instead of plugging the ballast/igniter to the relay just plug it to your stock harness (basically bypass the relay). The connectors will be slightly different though since the kit was meant to be used with the relay, but you can just swap out the connectors. If you look inside the connector there's a little tab to remove the connector from the wires, so you would just have to swap the connector from the relay and ballast/igniter. I hope this makes sense I think its more work then going the relay method.

Why do you not feel comfortable having the postive wire hanging inside the car? Just zip tie everythign in place and it will be fine.

I had a bad experience. haha. thanks for the info. hopefull, i will have some time to install it next week.
Old 05-12-06, 12:09 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

We include a relay harness as a safe gaurd. HIDs do draw signitificantly more power upon startup so we dont want to run the risk of you damaging yoru OEM headlight harness.

Steve
Old 07-15-06, 02:40 AM
flyfl1pguy

Any pics of 8000k hids on?

Quick Reply: XenonDepot HID Install... now CEL, VSC, Trac. Control and other lights