IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Broken Window!!!

Old 04-29-06, 06:25 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Payam
So I was sitting at work today when I hear my alarm go off. I run outside to go check on it, it takes me about 5 sec to get outside. I look at my car and I see the little window towards the back of the car (the little one behind the rear window) laying on the floor. Then I look up to see if I can see anyone, nothing. My parking lot is all closed in except for one side and it is all open. I look and don't see anyone at all down the street. So i've come to the conclusion that unless the invisible man broke the window, it wasn't done by a person. And to add insult to injury, when the glass fell out, it made a couple scratches down the side of the car. It was about 90 degrees today. You think the heat could of blow it out? I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow, it was sounding like they didn't want to do a warranty claim on it.....
He said the alarm went off. There's the answer. Someone was trying to get in your car. I had my old car broken into that way. Sorry for your lost bud.
Old 04-30-06, 12:29 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The alarm could have gone off by the window falling out and hitting the side of the car. But I'm just going to go with someone tried to break in and leave it at that.

As for the scratches, I think I can buff out most of it, and I'll see how bad the deeper scratches look once I'm done and take it from there. I know I'm not going to pay to have it re-painted, I'm sure I'll be able to live with it, or I'll have to learn to live with it. At least for now...
Old 04-30-06, 11:21 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The alarm could have gone off by the window falling out and hitting the side of the car. But I'm just going to go with someone tried to break in and leave it at that.

As for the scratches, I think I can buff out most of it, and I'll see how bad the deeper scratches look once I'm done and take it from there. I know I'm not going to pay to have it re-painted, I'm sure I'll be able to live with it, or I'll have to learn to live with it. At least for now...
i had a pretty deep scratch in the bottom of my passenger door on my 2is and my detailer filled it with the touchup paint i had and then compounded it and u cant even tell it was there
Old 04-30-06, 12:33 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
i had a pretty deep scratch in the bottom of my passenger door on my 2is and my detailer filled it with the touchup paint i had and then compounded it and u cant even tell it was there
I think I might have to give that a try. Where did you get the touch up paint from? Parts dept?
Old 04-30-06, 12:42 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I might have to give that a try. Where did you get the touch up paint from? Parts dept?
yep..it was only like $12 for the bottle and it has a brush applicator and a rollerball applicator..i would call your parts dept before going there because they might have to order it like they did mine..only took 2 days for it to get there tho
Old 04-30-06, 01:41 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
yep..it was only like $12 for the bottle and it has a brush applicator and a rollerball applicator..i would call your parts dept before going there because they might have to order it like they did mine..only took 2 days for it to get there tho
Thanks, I'll check with them on Monday, hopefully my car will be done by then.