IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Who's still playing the waiting game...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-06, 07:18 PM
BlueOnyx1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered mine on March 10. The dealer said that it would come in 3-4 months. Still waiting...
Old 04-27-06, 07:00 AM
tdog09
Driver

Originally Posted by casey225
Ordered on 2/7, sorry, I meant to include that before. Sounds like I was pretty lucky to get a custom order this fast, but I think those of us who ordered later will get them sooner since they have to finish up production of 06's before long. Back in late 05, they weren't under any time constraints and probably figured people would rather ****** up base models off the lot instead of custom order.
I hope it does come in during May, and that the dealer wasnt just saying that to make you feel better...I know a few people werent given correct estimates on when their cars would hit the dealership lot. Although thats a really fast arrival of a custom order, maybe they just happened to of found the exact same car in an allocation, if so, luckyyy
Old 04-27-06, 01:22 PM
Advent
Rookie

Originally Posted by Frisco
Been waiting on mine since March. It's in port and will be here in a couple of weeks.
You ordered it in March and it will be at your location in a couple of weeks?Try a couple of months if i'm not mistaken.4-5 months is usually the wait time,in your case it would be about 3 months.If you do get your car in 3 months i'll be totally surprised.
Old 04-27-06, 04:26 PM
BShears
Rookie

I don't know this as a fact but since they don't sell (relatively) a lot of IS's they probabaly hold all the orders until they get a critical mass and then turn on the line and produce the cars. I doubt the line is running continuously. That's probably the reason for the varying wait times.
Old 04-27-06, 05:54 PM
mikewpu04
Driver

I test drove the car I walked off the lot with ... bought it on Tuesday, got it on Thursday... Lucky me..
Old 04-27-06, 07:34 PM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

Got mine today so I am done with the wait! Mine was part of April allocation - arrived in LA Port on 4/11 and made it to Austin on 4/25. I got it tonight !

I did not special order but I sure thought about doing it. Even though I did not get my initial choice of color or options I love it to death. I do not regret switching off to another car to get one at all! Any IS350 is a great car!

Talked to my salesman (who never told me anything that did not happen so I totally believe him) and he said 90 -120 days for IS350 special order.

He also said that his dealership is just now starting to get different kinds of options etc. For example, they got their first sport package in with my shipment which was a special order. So perhaps the gates are opening a little!
Old 04-28-06, 06:28 AM
tdog09
Driver

Originally Posted by FastGirl

He also said that his dealership is just now starting to get different kinds of options etc. For example, they got their first sport package in with my shipment which was a special order. So perhaps the gates are opening a little!

If that sprts pkg was a special order, how is the dealer getting new option combos
Old 04-28-06, 12:28 PM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tdog09
If that sprts pkg was a special order, how is the dealer getting new option combos

I mean that in the context that they have never gotten a sports package delivered ever. Special order or allocations.
Old 04-28-06, 08:05 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

and HATING it!! Lol.
Wanted to see who's been waiting, who just started waiting, and who just recently recieved thier car?

Mine was ordered 12/22. Its been a lil over 4 months and still nothing
Mine was ordered on 1-18. Dealer called Thursday with the vin. I've confirmed that its on a train out of Portland headed for Kanas City. Dealer says I should have it between 5-4 and 5-11. Its been a long wait. But I know it will be worth it.
Old 04-29-06, 07:40 AM
casey225
Pole Position

I hope it does come in during May, and that the dealer wasnt just saying that to make you feel better...I know a few people werent given correct estimates on when their cars would hit the dealership lot. Although thats a really fast arrival of a custom order, maybe they just happened to of found the exact same car in an allocation, if so, luckyyy
The day I called to confirm, my salesman was out, so I spoke to the manager. He was the one who pulled it up in the computer and gave me the dates, etc. They have been totally up front and honest with me so far, they even tried to talk me out of things like ML and ground effects, they felt it wasn't worth the price. They also told me about a custom order place with them in October, just came in last week He pulled up my order and we verified everything, which is lucky because somehow the ground effects pkg. dropped out, but, since it is installed at the port, we got it covered in time. They are a smaller volume dealer, so, if they lie and **** off their customers, they have a lot more to lose than dealers in a larger urban area. Their goal has to be repeat customers. However, they are given estimated dates, he cannot control the boat and the delivery truck...hope I get lucky .
Old 04-29-06, 10:47 AM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

yeah u guys are soooo patient!! i couldnt wait to get mine which is why i just took the one they had at the lot. it was supposed to be a graduation present for me in june but i got mine yesterday =) ive been without a car for 3 months!!! ive been dyinggg without a car

be patient guys your car will come sooonnnn hopefully =)
Old 04-29-06, 10:55 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

ordered 2/28 still waiting not expecting anythign for at least another month though
Old 04-29-06, 12:56 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in kind of a different situation. I have to sell my G before I can 'order' the IS. Just paid off the loan so I'm a little cash poor at the moment. However, I do feel fortunate that I should be able to get what I want with just an 8-10 day advanced notice (according to my salesman) if they don't have it on the lot already.
Old 04-29-06, 01:35 PM
Enclenta
Rookie

Patience is key to receiving a vehicle without problems.
Old 04-29-06, 09:58 PM
BFPRX330
Driver School Candidate

Put my deposit down on 4-27. I was told the vehicle would be in 2-4 weeks..Looking at these threads it seems as though it could be MUCH longer..

Quick Reply: Who's still playing the waiting game...