IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lack of Aftermarket Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-06, 03:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by NotFatBoy
Is it just me or are the tuners taking their sweet time getting products out for this car? Where are all the intakes, exhausts, downpipes, pulleys, headers, suspension parts (though this is starting to materalize as of late), brake kits, and forced induction kits (though im not sure this is even possible yet on this car...blitz did have a proto).

COME ON!!
I disagree. The aftermarket has responded VERY quickly to the IS. Just look at hte modification stickey. More is to come.

For instance, the IS has probably as much aftermaket support in 6 months as the Acura TL has had in almost 4 years.
Old 04-25-06, 03:49 PM
IS350ISFUN
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALL i WANT IS SOME COILOVERs FROM TEIN AND A NICE CAT-BACK EXHAUST FROM HKS OR BORLA.....THAT'S NOT ASKING TOO MUCH
Old 04-25-06, 06:19 PM
JimRHIT
Driver School Candidate

downpipes

Exactly where would you plan on installing this

Originally Posted by slowandlow
the pointac solstive has a ton of parts and they were out just after the car hit the showrooms make that the driveways sence they are a 4 month wait and order olny unless you want to pay a 5k over sticker. i am not going to take this as far as my alero but i want some carbon fifer parts hood, trunk, fenders, and bumpers maybe doors but it is not a 2 door . i want a little more than the ml audio i live my ppi and alpine with mb quart the sq is off the charts. and last but not leaste a full exhost maybe minus the cat if lexus cats flow good.
So let me get this straight ... you want to install carbon fiber doors, hood, trunk and fenders and then add a large stereo ...... I guess I don't follow your logic

This is a Lexus ... with a brand new engine on a completely new car ... aftermarket isn't here yet, but it is coming ... be patient. This is not a flagship tuner car or something that was crazy-hyped so it is gonna take a while for good things to come out. It's gonna be a slow and expensive process to develop FI parts for this car.
Old 04-25-06, 08:46 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Exactly where would you plan on installing this

What do you mean "where" would I plan on installing it?
Old 04-25-06, 09:21 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

no i said a quality stereo with the low end and not muffked bass and i dont want to shake the car next to me. let me say this there is different quality between a factory amp and a quality amp. it is like buying a sony amp for your home theater or buying a adcom amp or a lexcon, sunfire,sim audio, and rotel.
Old 04-26-06, 04:34 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Is it just me or are the tuners taking their sweet time getting products out for this car? Where are all the intakes, exhausts, downpipes, pulleys, headers, suspension parts (though this is starting to materalize as of late), brake kits, and forced induction kits (though im not sure this is even possible yet on this car...blitz did have a proto).

COME ON!!
you're am impatient little baby aren't you? 2-3 exhausts 3 intakes 1 header 4 or 5 bodykits/lips not enough for a 6 month old car
Old 04-26-06, 04:38 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

What do you mean "where" would I plan on installing it?
he meant, on what magical turbo setup will u be using your downpipe on?
Old 04-26-06, 05:44 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by uschardcor
you're am impatient little baby aren't you? 2-3 exhausts 3 intakes 1 header 4 or 5 bodykits/lips not enough for a 6 month old car
too bad the intakes do nothing, proven by caymandive, only an LMS exhaust is out which removes cats, tanabe isnt out, HKS cancelled, never heard of a header
Old 04-26-06, 09:50 AM
keeeeez
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350ISFUN
ALL i WANT IS SOME COILOVERs FROM TEIN AND A NICE CAT-BACK EXHAUST FROM HKS OR BORLA.....THAT'S NOT ASKING TOO MUCH
I'm with you. Megan Racing Coilovers are out though... You should try them and report back to me as soon as possible
Old 04-26-06, 10:17 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
too bad the intakes do nothing, proven by caymandive, only an LMS exhaust is out which removes cats, tanabe isnt out, HKS cancelled, never heard of a header
err the 250 intakes show gains, duh the lms open air intake sucks whats why u run a joe-z and replace the filter when one is available which they will be, HKS cancelled their lexus distributed exhaust but will make another, biltz has already done a lot of boost research, and NUMEROUS companies had products in the middle of r&d such as h&r fujitsubo roadmagnet and so forth. any *****ing about a lack of products for a 6 month old car is done by an immature impatient *****
Old 04-26-06, 11:57 AM
tragic22
Rookie

err the 250 intakes show gains, duh the lms open air intake sucks whats why u run a joe-z and replace the filter when one is available which they will be, HKS cancelled their lexus distributed exhaust but will make another, biltz has already done a lot of boost research, and NUMEROUS companies had products in the middle of r&d such as h&r fujitsubo roadmagnet and so forth. any *****ing about a lack of products for a 6 month old car is done by an immature impatient *****

You're right the IS 250 is only a 6 month old car but what can be frusturating is the fact that the 2006 GS-series is also about a 6 month old car but if you go to these aftermarket websites like lextasy.com and l-tunedparts.com you see so much more grilles, body kits, exhausts and whole bunch of stuff for the GS but there isn't that much for the IS. So you really cant argue the fact that its only a 6 month old car so you cant expect much because obviously that isn't the case.
I'll be real about it, I dont know how the whole production of aftermarket parts works but to me it just seems like the IS isnt that big of a priority to them.
Old 04-26-06, 02:55 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive only heard on 3 exhausts, 2 intakes, o headers and 3 bodykits, where did you find headers?
Old 04-26-06, 04:14 PM
shox
Pole Position

The car's been out for just over half a year, and it's not a Civic.
Old 04-26-06, 05:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by shox
The car's been out for just over half a year, and it's not a Civic.
Correct also.
1. Lexus SHOWED us the GS like a whole YEAR before it was sold. Lexus didn't do that with the IS. It was only a few months before it hit showrooms.The aftermarket had more time to prepare
2. I am sure the same companies with items for the GS, are working on IS items. It takes time if you want QUALITY parts. We are talking about Lexus fit and finish. If you want quick, cheap crap, buy some APC parts.
3. Again, there ARE parts. This is a LUXURY car. If you want to mod an IS, you really need to go to the first gen. With this cars technology, complexity and standard power in the 350, don't hold your breath for tons of go fast parts.
Old 04-26-06, 07:55 PM
CHIS350
Pole Position

The 2nd generation IS is a work of art and should not be tinkered with by ricers.

Quick Reply: Lack of Aftermarket Parts