SmartKey - Did you know... - Club Lexus Forums


SmartKey - Did you know...

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-06, 03:54 PM   #1
RaysIS350
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
RaysIS350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 69
Default SmartKey - Did you know...

With the SmartKey on you, one simply has to come up and touch the inside of the door handle for the Driver door to unlock. I usually am doing this, just as I'm pulling the door handle open. But you don't have to pull the door handle for it to unlock. Just touch the back of the door handle.

Also:

The default is to only unlock the Driver door, but usually I'm with other people and I'd like all the doors to unlock without me having to grab the remote and hit unlock while walking up to the car. So you can program it to do this.

Simply walk up to your driver door, and hold the LOCK / UNLOCK buttons down together (on the SmartKey until the Car beeps, now if you lock it, walk away, come back and touch the door handle, ALL doors will unlock.

Many would chose only to have the Driver Door unlock, but it's nice to know that you have options.
RaysIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 04:04 PM   #2
powders2k
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
Default

Just what I wanted man........

Thanks!!!!!

Have you found anyway to close all the windows by the remote?????

I would love to have that option....

Since you can open them by holding down a button...You should also be able to close them...


Joe


Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysIS350
With the SmartKey on you, one simply has to come up and touch the inside of the door handle for the Driver door to unlock. I usually am doing this, just as I'm pulling the door handle open. But you don't have to pull the door handle for it to unlock. Just touch the back of the door handle.

Also:

The default is to only unlock the Driver door, but usually I'm with other people and I'd like all the doors to unlock without me having to grab the remote and hit unlock while walking up to the car. So you can program it to do this.

Simply walk up to your driver door, and hold the LOCK / UNLOCK buttons down together (on the SmartKey until the Car beeps, now if you lock it, walk away, come back and touch the door handle, ALL doors will unlock.

Many would chose only to have the Driver Door unlock, but it's nice to know that you have options.
powders2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 04:07 PM   #3
ChrisM910
Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 175
Default

i love that feature
ChrisM910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 04:24 PM   #4
al503
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,647
Default

It's threads like these that make me that much more anxious to get my ride.
al503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 04:31 PM   #5
is4me2
Lead Lap
 
is4me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 576
Cool

Cool.....its works.....and if you do it again, it will take it off. You can toggle back and forth. I will use that feature when I'm hauling people around and take it off when I'm alone. Thanks!!
is4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 04:36 PM   #6
acsan
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: HI
Posts: 187
Default

How about if I just want both front doors to unlock and not the rear doors?
acsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 04:37 PM   #7
RaysIS350
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
RaysIS350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 69
Default

No problem! I didn't mention that it would toggle sorry, but yes it does as you noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by is4me2
Cool.....its works.....and if you do it again, it will take it off. You can toggle back and forth. I will use that feature when I'm hauling people around and take it off when I'm alone. Thanks!!
RaysIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 04:40 PM   #8
RaysIS350
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
RaysIS350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 69
Default

Lexus considers Auto-Closing Windows remotely to be a 'Safety Issue'. I don't think you're going to find an easy fix for that one. (From searching the Forums).

Quote:
Originally Posted by powders2k
Just what I wanted man........

Thanks!!!!!

Have you found anyway to close all the windows by the remote?????

I would love to have that option....

Since you can open them by holding down a button...You should also be able to close them...


Joe
RaysIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 04:45 PM   #9
powders2k
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
Default

What a bunch of crap.... I find my interior being ruined as a safety measure opening the windows...

hehehehe

Just my rant.....

Someone should really try to find a way to do this.....

That would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..


Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysIS350
Lexus considers Auto-Closing Windows remotely to be a 'Safety Issue'. I don't think you're going to find an easy fix for that one. (From searching the Forums).
powders2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 05:08 PM   #10
james6290
Lead Lap
 
james6290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysIS350
With the SmartKey on you, one simply has to come up and touch the inside of the door handle for the Driver door to unlock. I usually am doing this, just as I'm pulling the door handle open. But you don't have to pull the door handle for it to unlock. Just touch the back of the door handle.

Also:

The default is to only unlock the Driver door, but usually I'm with other people and I'd like all the doors to unlock without me having to grab the remote and hit unlock while walking up to the car. So you can program it to do this.

Simply walk up to your driver door, and hold the LOCK / UNLOCK buttons down together (on the SmartKey until the Car beeps, now if you lock it, walk away, come back and touch the door handle, ALL doors will unlock.

Many would chose only to have the Driver Door unlock, but it's nice to know that you have options.

after i try this, if i wanted to go back to just drivers side, is it the same procedure?


sorry, after i read the rest of the posts, i realized it can toggle...
james6290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 05:40 PM   #11
artie00
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 63
Default

Genius! Thanks for info on this.
artie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 06:36 PM   #12
inecstaz
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 353
Default

Just did it and it works great! Love it. Yea... I like showing my friends that all I have to do is touch the door handle to open the doors...but it used to only open the drivers side door. NOW IT OPENS ALL!!! I'll leave it at this setting unless I go to a really bad area.
inecstaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 06:40 PM   #13
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position
iTrader: (2)
 
IS350_PHIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 322
Default

And knowing is half the battle...

Nice tip!
IS350_PHIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 07:27 PM   #14
RaysIS350
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
RaysIS350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 69
Default

This tip was courtesy of my knowledgeable sales consultant: Geraldo at Lexus of Roseville. When I stop by Lexus, he always tries to share tips with me.

I share stuff I learn on this forum with him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie00
Genius! Thanks for info on this.
RaysIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 10:39 PM   #15
[IS]
Driver School Candidate
 
[IS]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: .
Posts: 4
Default

thanks for the tip!
[IS] is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driver's side door won't unlock mdmiller66 LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 16 11-14-15 03:35 PM
Gs300 Door Lock Actuator dtemple67 GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 4 08-05-14 12:58 AM
Door actuator?? jlb5685 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 3 04-06-14 04:56 PM
Defeating The Smart-Key MonAndrew7 ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) 9 11-18-09 09:25 AM
How to Open Trunk When Car is already Unlocked? omniskye GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) 16 09-28-08 05:21 PM


Tags
350, car, courtesy, drivers, es, key, lexus, open, personalize, set, smart, smartkey, stop, tip, walk, windows

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved