IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

SmartKey - Did you know...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-06, 06:50 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will try this when i get back to my car later but i did change the default settings on my car (per the instructions in the manual, don't remember how) so that i touch the driver's door and it opens only or i touch the passenger's door and it unlocks all....everytime, by default.

would be nice if i can adjust this setting from time to time as required but if i have lots of people around, i usually go for the passenger door since that will always unlock all. i gather from this post that i can toggle the driver's from my setting of unlock driver's door only to unlock all.
Old 04-26-06, 12:44 PM
flybret
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, it works great. It was annoying having to open my door then push the unlock button as if I had a regular car. haha
Old 04-26-06, 12:52 PM
syn1313
Rookie

cooooolllllll... i did it.. i did it..
Old 04-26-06, 01:14 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

This info has been posted many, many times. I even posted the image from the manual that explains this process:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204010

For all the newbies, if you are looking for this kind of info, just use the "advanced search" feature on these forums. It will save you a lot of time, and a lot of abuse from fellow members.
Old 04-26-06, 01:30 PM
erock901
Rookie

Originally Posted by RaysIS350
This tip was courtesy of my knowledgeable sales consultant: Geraldo at Lexus of Roseville. When I stop by Lexus, he always tries to share tips with me.

I share stuff I learn on this forum with him too.
Did he happen to show you how to program each key fob for different door settings?? For example; when I have my key fob, I would like to unlock all 4 doors when I touch the drivers side door. However, for safety reasons, my wife would rather have just the drivers door unlock with her key fob. Does anyone know if that's even possible?

I tried following RaysIS350 instructions with each key fob but, whatever is set for one of the keys is also set for the second key.

Thanks,
Erock

P.S. I tried the "advanced search" feature before I posted this.
Old 04-26-06, 01:54 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by erock901
Did he happen to show you how to program each key fob for different door settings?? For example; when I have my key fob, I would like to unlock all 4 doors when I touch the drivers side door. However, for safety reasons, my wife would rather have just the drivers door unlock with her key fob. Does anyone know if that's even possible?

I tried following RaysIS350 instructions with each key fob but, whatever is set for one of the keys is also set for the second key.

Thanks,
Erock

P.S. I tried the "advanced search" feature before I posted this.
That wouldn't work, the setting for that is stored in the car, not the key fob.
Old 04-26-06, 04:47 PM
RaysIS350
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't see how it hurt to share the information again. Lots of times depending on Search Criteria you may or may not get hits.

As you can see many others benefited from the information, so what's wrong with sharing with people who may have missed the previous threads?

Originally Posted by diablo1
This info has been posted many, many times. I even posted the image from the manual that explains this process:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204010

For all the newbies, if you are looking for this kind of info, just use the "advanced search" feature on these forums. It will save you a lot of time, and a lot of abuse from fellow members.
Old 04-26-06, 04:55 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

RaysIS350,

We appreciate your giving us this information........I get sick of people saying check the threads.....we do check threads.......anyway I'd read his thread back in March and didn't really understand what those instructions were for that he posted the manual up there for.......your tidbit was very easy to understand and follow.........so THANKS....and post away
Old 04-26-06, 09:01 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man thanks a lot for the tip! made my life a little bit easier.
Old 04-26-06, 09:07 PM
PeteV
Driver School Candidate

Default Auto Close all the Windows

Originally Posted by powders2k
Just what I wanted man........

Thanks!!!!!

Have you found anyway to close all the windows by the remote?????

I would love to have that option....

Since you can open them by holding down a button...You should also be able to close them...

Joe
If you put the key in the door, and turn it to the right (drivers side) and hold it, it will put all the windows up, and close the sunroof.
Old 04-26-06, 10:49 PM
eg6turbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by PeteV
If you put the key in the door, and turn it to the right (drivers side) and hold it, it will put all the windows up, and close the sunroof.
we have keys????

just like my bmw...
Old 04-26-06, 10:58 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PeteV
yea but that means having to pry off the key cover, and then having to actually hold the key there while it closes the windows.

i'd rather just hold the lock button and have it close all the windows.

I know some other car does this. I think its the mercedes, not sure though.
Old 04-27-06, 09:08 AM
Seattle350
Rookie

Thanx Ray - that lil' change has made my life so much simpler...
Old 04-27-06, 01:50 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

It's great that so many people benefited from this information being posted here. I'm just suggesting that you could have found this information on your own if you had searched for it, and then you'd already know. Or you could have just read the manual, like I did.
Old 04-27-06, 03:27 PM
RaysIS350
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the information I didn't need to search for it, I was simply sharing it with others. I thought that's what the forums are all about. I've tried searching on these forums and sometimes it can take a while to weed through all the results, so some may miss the information.

I did read the manual, but before I read the WHOLE thing, my Dealer had already showed me this trick. I just wanted to offer it up to others.

Enjoy your nice Ride, that's why we all come here, because we enjoy the IS....

Originally Posted by diablo1
It's great that so many people benefited from this information being posted here. I'm just suggesting that you could have found this information on your own if you had searched for it, and then you'd already know. Or you could have just read the manual, like I did.

Quick Reply: SmartKey - Did you know...