IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

It draws attention...

Old 04-21-06, 11:34 AM
Advent
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It draws attention...

Just curious of what type of looks you get when you drive your IS..If theres a thread on this subject,please forgive me CL owners.Most of the looks have been pleasent but a few havent.I was at a light yesterday going home from work,Mark Levinson bumping,sunroof open,both side windows down,bottom line I was feeling pretty good,I mean who wouldnt driving one of these cars.Some guy pulls up and gives the nastiest look I have ever seen.I came so close to getting out of my car,walking over to his side and slapping the mess out of him(Of course I would never do that but I sure felt like doing it).I'v gotten another nasty look from someone else but not as dramatic and this one.Why are some people like this. I have worked hard to get where I'm at today and then someone gives me a nasty look as if what i'm driving is a penalty.People can hate all they want but please keep that crap to yourself.Dont get me wrong most of the looks have been great....Has anyone else received looks like this..
Old 04-21-06, 11:49 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it really depends. Since you had your windows down and bumping your music. I guess he didn't like you cause you were frontin' what you got, and have it better then said person.

So far, I have yet to get "nasty" looks, just idiot drivers that **** me off, cause they are eating a burger/talking on the phone/picking their nose/combing their hair all at the same time.

BTW, Where was the rest of the pictures you were gonna post!!! hahaha
Old 04-21-06, 12:07 PM
Advent
Rookie

Originally Posted by pocky
I think it really depends. Since you had your windows down and bumping your music. I guess he didn't like you cause you were frontin' what you got, and have it better then said person.

So far, I have yet to get "nasty" looks, just idiot drivers that **** me off, cause they are eating a burger/talking on the phone/picking their nose/combing their hair all at the same time.

BTW, Where was the rest of the pictures you were gonna post!!! hahaha
O snap you remember that I said that..I post them soon I promise.Soon as in a couple of days I mean......As far as the nasty look ,I wasnt blasting my music that loud(Or was I).Still no reason for that.If you could only see that look.Its wasnt a look like why are you blasting your music,it was a look like how in the world did you get or afford that ride....what a hater.
Old 04-21-06, 12:09 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

I am told that people stop and check out my car in the parking lot at work. I am not shallow enough to care what people are doing while I am driving because I am paying attention to driving.
Old 04-21-06, 12:18 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by digital_b
I am told that people stop and check out my car in the parking lot at work. I am not shallow enough to care what people are doing while I am driving because I am paying attention to driving.
Are you calling us Shallow? Part of driving on the road is to know who's around ya, so you gotta look. Maybe there is a nice girl yanno. Just messing.

Advent, YES! PICTURES!

Okay back on topic.
Old 04-21-06, 12:19 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I get a lot of stares, but not really any nasty looks... Then again, I live in Beverly Hills, and everyone else's car is more expensive than mine! Something funny that happened yesterday though, was that some guy in a Mini Cooper S started revving his engine at me at a stop light, trying to get me to race him! I let him squeal his tires and go on his merry way - a car like that is not even worth wasting the gas on...

Javier
Old 04-21-06, 12:21 PM
zomg!11
Rookie

personally, i frown upon people who blast their music with the windows rolled all the way down and sunroof wide open. why do this? doesn't the stereo sound much better when the windows are rolled up? people seem to be doing this mainly to get attention from girls or other people. like yesterday i was at the mall and this guy drives by in his impala type of huge car with his windows down, blasting his hip hop, driving real slow around the mall, and it seemed like he was not there trying to find parking to shop, he was checking out the ladies. he looked like he was around 20. i guess it's a kid thing, you don't see much adults doing that.

i think it's because you are practically begging for attention that you get dirty looks. i doubt it has anything to do with the type of car, it's the type of behavior. or maybe the guy who gave you dirty looks doesn't like the type of music you're playing. i hate when ppl blast music i dislike. it's like their forcing me to listen to it.

anyway, to answer your question... when i'm driving through a parking lot looking for parking, some people admire my car. more than 5 times there are two guys walking and when they see my car, and one guy taps his buddy on the shoulder and says "look" and they both stare at my car until i'm out of sight. i like that.

p.s. i think it's funny everybody who wrote in this thread has a GFM.

Last edited by sushihead; 04-21-06 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-21-06, 12:21 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never got anyone to want to race me, whether I'm driving my mom's SLK350, my brother's fixed-up RSX, or my IS350. I think my music is on too loud for me to hear the person next to me rev?
Old 04-21-06, 12:24 PM
Advent
Rookie

Originally Posted by javylsu
I get a lot of stares, but not really any nasty looks... Then again, I live in Beverly Hills, and everyone else's car is more expensive than mine! Something funny that happened yesterday though, was that some guy in a Mini Cooper S started revving his engine at me at a stop light, trying to get me to race him! I let him squeal his tires and go on his merry way - a car like that is not even worth wasting the gas on...

Javier
I wouldnt be so quick to judge..Those mini cooper s's are quick..
Old 04-21-06, 12:28 PM
Advent
Rookie

Originally Posted by sushihead
personally, i frown upon people who blast their music with the windows rolled all the way down and sunroof wide open. why do this? doesn't the stereo sound much better when the windows are rolled up? people seem to be doing this mainly to get attention from girls or other people. like yesterday i was at the mall and this guy drives by in his impala type of huge car with his windows down, blasting his sounds, driving real slow around the mall, and it seemed like he was not there trying to find parking to shop, he was checking out the ladies. he looked like he was around 20. i guess it's a kid thing, you don't see much adults doing that.

i think it's because you are practically begging for attention that you get dirty looks. i doubt it has anything to do with the type of car, it's the type of behavior.

and by the way, to answer your question... when i'm driving through a parking lot looking for parking, some people admire my car. more than 5 times there are two guys walking and when they see my car, and one guy taps his buddy on the shoulder and says "look" and they both stare at my car until i'm out of sight. i like that.
Some people do that but I'm not one of those people.It was hot and I had my music on not even that loud.Plus my car doesnt pull the chicks..I do..If I had a Lambo that would be a different story.
Old 04-21-06, 12:33 PM
jcreech
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Advent
I wouldnt be so quick to judge..Those mini cooper s's are quick..
350 > mini S

350 will smoke it
Old 04-21-06, 12:35 PM
Advent
Rookie

Originally Posted by jcreech
350 > mini S

350 will smoke it
True,but i've been in one.I hold them in the highest respect.
Old 04-21-06, 12:41 PM
pocky
mooncake master

ugh, I don't have my GFM yet. It's probably waiting for me Ahh, soon..soon enough it will arrive.

Anyway back onto topic! Well, I will admit, I do listen to music loud. only sometimes, just to get my energy going. I NEVER do it in a parking lot, because I like to know and hear my surroundings..But I don't listen to it THAT loud, but loud enough.
Old 04-21-06, 12:44 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sushihead

p.s. i think it's funny everybody who wrote in this thread has a GFM.
haha! You know us GFMs, can't keep the people from flashing dirty looks at us from those CWs!
Old 04-21-06, 12:46 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

I work at fortune 500 company and get people admiring my car when Im driving around Los Angeles. No one thinks anything of me while at work because Im wearing business clothes. BUT when Im driving my car on the weekends and Im dressed down (sunglasses/hat/tshirt/jeans/sandals/etc) i get dirty looks because I look like another young asian kid with "rich" parents that bought me the car.

Which is extremely frustrating because I work hard to be able to afford this car. Its not my fault that I got a good job at young age and can afford this awesome car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It draws attention...