IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tagged by hail...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 11:13 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tagged by hail...

Had a pretty wicked series of tornadoes touch down last week but we thought most of it missed the office. Being stuck in a stairwell the whole time I couldn't really tell what was going on outside but by the time we went out everything looked pretty good and it looked like most of the damage happened on the other side of town. Well today I go out to my car around sunset and notice a little ding on my hood... hoping my eyes were playing tricks on me I checked it out... nope, real. then I see a small one in front of my sunroof... Starting to get a little more unhappy now... look around behind the sunroof and sure enough 6 or 7 big dings.... well, not big enough that you can see them unless the light's going right off of them, but big enough to be noticeable....

Man that sucks. Guess I'll either get it fixed and keep it for my full 3 years or pay the penalty and turn it in when the coupe comes out to get one of those. Either way it makes me despise hail even more. Came out better than my friends Scion though, that was covered in golf ball sized divots.
Old 04-21-06, 05:51 AM
Jherb350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look into paint less dent repair. Depending on where you go and where the dents are you maybe looking at 20-50 bucks a dent. Some guys may even do a whole panel for 70-100 bucks depending on the number of dents. The up side to resent wave of storms in your area is you will start to see independent dent removal companies popping up around you town. Many of these guys travel the country and follow storms like the ones you guys had. Don't forget to negotiate and remember cash is king.
Old 04-21-06, 09:37 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow... after seeing the stuff that happened to the University it's good to hear that you made it ok
Old 04-21-06, 11:51 AM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Originally Posted by Toyota_F1
Had a pretty wicked series of tornadoes touch down last week but we thought most of it missed the office. Being stuck in a stairwell the whole time I couldn't really tell what was going on outside but by the time we went out everything looked pretty good and it looked like most of the damage happened on the other side of town. Well today I go out to my car around sunset and notice a little ding on my hood... hoping my eyes were playing tricks on me I checked it out... nope, real. then I see a small one in front of my sunroof... Starting to get a little more unhappy now... look around behind the sunroof and sure enough 6 or 7 big dings.... well, not big enough that you can see them unless the light's going right off of them, but big enough to be noticeable....

Man that sucks. Guess I'll either get it fixed and keep it for my full 3 years or pay the penalty and turn it in when the coupe comes out to get one of those. Either way it makes me despise hail even more. Came out better than my friends Scion though, that was covered in golf ball sized divots.
Just out of curiosity, where did you get your IS from? I'm in Nebraska and know there aren't too many dealerships around these parts.

BTW, sorry to hear about the hail dammage.
Old 04-21-06, 11:56 AM
ptmIS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by DirtySouth
Just out of curiosity, where did you get your IS from? I'm in Nebraska and know there aren't too many dealerships around these parts.

BTW, sorry to hear about the hail dammage.
I don't know if you are near Lexus of Omaha but that is a really good dealership. I used to live in Omaha (man do I miss Nebraska and all the great people there) and I bought a GS there. What a pleasant experience I had with them. Like most people in the central midwest I received complete respect and consideration with my purchase.

So now I live in Jersey....complete opposite. But I had a great dealer experience here as well!
Old 04-21-06, 12:46 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

I was up there last week (Quad Cities) and we got hail also. Where I was at, it was quarter-size. I almost drove up too and was so glad I flew instead.
Old 04-21-06, 01:03 PM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Originally Posted by ptmIS350
I don't know if you are near Lexus of Omaha but that is a really good dealership. I used to live in Omaha (man do I miss Nebraska and all the great people there) and I bought a GS there. What a pleasant experience I had with them. Like most people in the central midwest I received complete respect and consideration with my purchase.

So now I live in Jersey....complete opposite. But I had a great dealer experience here as well!
As a matter of fact, I do live in Omaha and have been dealing with the same dealership. They are nice people for sure. I actually bought my Infiniti I30 there last year. Unfortunately, they aren't getting any Sport's in and VERY few 350's at all.
Old 04-21-06, 02:53 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

In our area is Betts Lexus in Des Moines and Lexus of the Quad Cities in Davenport. Luckily being my employee lease as a Toyota employee I know it'll be taken care of and done right, but it still doesn't make me feel any better about it! Hood is a little worse than I thought it was, and I have some damage on my trunk lid, but the pillar trim is all fine, and that would be the worst one to replace/repair. Problem is evidently corporate may not okay PDR but they're considering it.

But once I know for sure the coupe is on the way I'll be finding a way to get into that anyway. Shazam!
Old 04-21-06, 03:18 PM
diabelek05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Toyota_F1
In our area is Betts Lexus in Des Moines and Lexus of the Quad Cities in Davenport. Luckily being my employee lease as a Toyota employee I know it'll be taken care of and done right, but it still doesn't make me feel any better about it! Hood is a little worse than I thought it was, and I have some damage on my trunk lid, but the pillar trim is all fine, and that would be the worst one to replace/repair. Problem is evidently corporate may not okay PDR but they're considering it.

But once I know for sure the coupe is on the way I'll be finding a way to get into that anyway. Shazam!

I know how you feel i bought my STI back in 2003 and I had it for 3 weeks I went to the mall and somebody keyed it all around so got it painted, 2 week after I picked my car from the shop it hailed I was so mad after that I was whatever can happen next.