IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

First time buyer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 07:22 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default First time buyer.

Okay First off. The IS 350 is INCREDIBLE. my first love. and CL has had the coolest advice and help so im hoping you guys can help me get this car at a good price.

Thanks to hours of reading i know almost everything about the IS and now its time to make the DEAL.

Heres the IS 350 (tungsten Pearl, Black Interior)

NAV and ML, Headlamp washers, ISP Mode Wheels, Sport Package, Park Assist, Rear Lip Spoiler, Preffered Accesory Package

after destination charge the Price for My IS is $47,314.00 MSRP

Now, I've read that lots of people got at least a 2000 discount (about).

I don't now how to talk to the dealer into making and breaking and i don't wanna step on the wrong foot here so how should i go about trying to get a discount on the sticker?

Should i talk about paying say 7 percent over the invoice? or maybe ask for a 5 thousand discount and work my way down? or should i ask him to slowly take off discounts on things like the over priced accessories, wheels, other whatnots?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. please feel free to tell me YOUR stories about making and breaking with a dealer and how you got discounts. this is my first time buying a car and im scared lol THANKS CL
Old 04-20-06, 07:28 PM
evren
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its easiest to be straight forward and tell the dealer where you're coming from and what your research indicates. Basically make it clear that you'd really like to buy the car from him, and you believe a 2k reduction is par, and if he's not able to meet your expectations than you're likely to make a few phonecalls to confirm what the local standard is. At the same time, I'm new to this game myself (1st car), and got the car a month after its release so there was relitively little room for negotiation at that time.
Old 04-20-06, 07:37 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

I just sent you a PM with some info.
Old 04-20-06, 07:47 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to get more than a 2k discount, If I were you I'd start with 5k off MSRP, then
slowly work your way down to around $3,500...
Old 04-20-06, 08:14 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by dominant1
I just ordered an Is 350 I went into the dealer thinking sport package all the way like you, but when I found out that car is listed for $500 cheaper then the premium luxury package, I quickly settled for the premium luxury package, the only thing my does'nt have that yours does, is the Mark Llevison sound system, and the wing. I got the car for $43,768, I traded a car in on it they gave me 7k for it, so when its all said and done $36,768 is my final price....Your getting ripped off going for the sport package @ $47k, get the premium luxury package. Your resale will be higher with the premium luxury package. The color of my car is granite mica, and i take delivery around 05/15/2006, I cant wait.....
Thank you first poster. Do you think before you type? You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Old 04-20-06, 08:17 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dominant1
I just ordered an Is 350 I went into the dealer thinking sport package all the way like you, but when I found out that car is listed for $500 cheaper then the premium luxury package, I quickly settled for the premium luxury package, the only thing my does'nt have that yours does, is the Mark Llevison sound system, and the wing. I got the car for $43,768, I traded a car in on it they gave me 7k for it, so when its all said and done $36,768 is my final price....Your getting ripped off going for the sport package @ $47k, get the premium luxury package. Your resale will be higher with the premium luxury package. The color of my car is granite mica, and i take delivery around 05/15/2006, I cant wait.....
Wow. thanks everyone at CL for helping keep it up, im lovin it. I really want the sport suspesion and i don't know how easy it is to have a lx package with it. i also dislike the wood.
Old 04-20-06, 08:17 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Thank you first poster. Do you think before you type? You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Hmmm
Old 04-20-06, 08:22 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by KuyaPatz
Okay First off. The IS 350 is INCREDIBLE. my first love. and CL has had the coolest advice and help so im hoping you guys can help me get this car at a good price.

Thanks to hours of reading i know almost everything about the IS and now its time to make the DEAL.

Heres the IS 350 (tungsten Pearl, Black Interior)

NAV and ML, Headlamp washers, ISP Mode Wheels, Sport Package, Park Assist, Rear Lip Spoiler, Preffered Accesory Package

after destination charge the Price for My IS is $47,314.00 MSRP

Now, I've read that lots of people got at least a 2000 discount (about).

I don't now how to talk to the dealer into making and breaking and i don't wanna step on the wrong foot here so how should i go about trying to get a discount on the sticker?

Should i talk about paying say 7 percent over the invoice? or maybe ask for a 5 thousand discount and work my way down? or should i ask him to slowly take off discounts on things like the over priced accessories, wheels, other whatnots?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. please feel free to tell me YOUR stories about making and breaking with a dealer and how you got discounts. this is my first time buying a car and im scared lol THANKS CL
Hey KuyaPatz! Welcome to CL....even though you're not my real kuya...it's all good!

It's always good to start with Internet Fleet department. Check your dealer's local website and try to request a quote. If you're fortunate as we are here in SoCal, we have great resources like Lexus of Glendale. You may want to shop them for a car if you're willing to fly down here and drive it back up! This way it gives you some personal time with your new ride and you get to see alot of scenery on top of it.

Good Luck.
Old 04-20-06, 08:24 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

lol premium luxury package
Old 04-20-06, 08:31 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

huh but he quoted you, also there is no such thing as a "premium luxury package", there is premium package ($1300) and there is a luxury package, they are seperate. Both have items that are common to each other
Old 04-20-06, 08:37 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
huh but he quoted you, also there is no such thing as a "premium luxury package", there is premium package ($1300) and there is a luxury package, they are seperate. Both have items that are common to each other
The original internal name for the "Luxury Package" was the "Premium Luxury Plus Package" and the "Sport Package" as the "Performance Luxury Plus Package". Obviously they were too long so they shortened it to what we know of these packages now.
Old 04-20-06, 09:32 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

thinking about what to put in the car is one thing that im pretty confident about.

its the HOW TO MAKE A GOOD deal that i really need help with.
Old 04-20-06, 10:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
you have been warned more than several times about your attitude. when are you doing to take a hint?
Old 04-21-06, 12:34 AM
acsan
Driver

Originally Posted by Tony1
You should be able to get more than a 2k discount, If I were you I'd start with 5k off MSRP, then
slowly work your way down to around $3,500...
Either that or try to deal with an Out the Door price which includes any applicable fees, taxes, etc. that you're comfortable with...of course start it lower than what your real target amount is and see how they react.
Old 04-21-06, 09:36 AM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by acsan
Either that or try to deal with an Out the Door price which includes any applicable fees, taxes, etc. that you're comfortable with...of course start it lower than what your real target amount is and see how they react.
awesome guys all this is really helping. CL owns

Quick Reply: First time buyer.